Sign in to follow this  
Priestie

Dunwhich Legacy sold out

Salutations fellow completely sane investigators!

I can't seem to find a single copy of the dunwhich legacy anywhere online.  Any idea when we can expect it, should I skip it?  If so how does carcosa play as the first expansion campaign cycle?  Thank you all, and may you pull nothing but elder signs.

From my experience, there is no real difference in play regardless of what order you play the expansions in. As each one comes with a set of investigators that were designed to fit thematically with each story. 

I feel your pain regarding The Dunwich Legacy, as I also am looking for a copy of the deluxe expansion. I have asked the question on this forum if it is possible to get "The Return to Dunwich" expansion and get the story experience,  or if the deluxe expansion is still required to build the encounter sets. I have not received an answer, but will let you know once I do.

I am 3 Mythos packs into Carcosa, and am really liking the story, so I bet you would as well. 

Happy investigating!!

Posted (edited)

The Return to Dunwich box only replaces a subset of the encounter cards in each scenario.  It is not a standalone product. If you don't have the entire Dunwich cycle it's kinda not worth it.  I guess you get the storage solution and some new player cards, but the encounter cards will sit there in your box till they reprint Dunwich again.

Just skip to Carcosa OP.  It's a fantastic cycle and you can play the cycles in any order.  Dunwich will get reprinted eventually, but you'll drive yourself mad waiting (which would be thematically appropriate).

Edited by phillos

I know some Swedish online stores still has the Dunwich Legacy box in stock. But I think shipping could be quite expensive, depending on where you're located. 

But here's a link to the store: https://alphaspel.se/2299-arkham-horror-the-card-game/68266-arkham-horror-the-card-game-the-dunwich-legacy
Their international orders information: https://alphaspel.se/international-orders/

10 Swedish Krona roughly equals 1 USD, so the Dunwich Legacy box itself should be about $27 to $30, plus shipping.

Dunwich is the best place to start. If you can't find it available, though, I'd start with The Circle Undone. It's still being rolled out, sure. But it's over halfway complete and it has some great player cards you can use as a foundation to build your decks. 

On 5/13/2019 at 5:01 PM, phillos said:

Just skip to Carcosa OP.  It's a fantastic cycle and you can play the cycles in any order.  Dunwich will get reprinted eventually, but you'll drive yourself mad waiting (which would be thematically appropriate).

One could say that Dunwich is unavailable and unseen.

Thank you all for the replies! This really is an awesome community! I'll just skip dunwhich for now.  There seems to be a lot of demand for it, so I'm sure eventually it'll be reprinted!