Sign in to follow this  
Woobyluv

Protecting your SSD Ship Cards

So, I like to have protective sleeves on all my cards.  From ships, to upgrades, to squads.  I noticed the size of the SSD ship cards were considerably larger than normal.  Does anyone know if someone makes sleeves for cards of this size and if so, where to get them?

@Woobyluv.

@Crabbok.

@LostFleet.

FFG Live in early April featured the SSD, and one of their camera shots showed an upgrade card next to a ship sheet.  I have a copy of the SSD advertisement that was in GTM in December.  So, I took a pic of one of the ship sheets and sized it in relation to an upgrade card, roughly matching what I saw on FFG Live.  Ship sheet ends up being approximately 4x5 inches in size.  The best I've found so far as a protective sleeve for a card that large would be a 4x6 inch photo sleeve.  But, If I find anything better I'll let everyone know.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, WigTii said:

@Woobyluv.

@Crabbok.

@LostFleet.

FFG Live in early April featured the SSD, and one of their camera shots showed an upgrade card next to a ship sheet.  I have a copy of the SSD advertisement that was in GTM in December.  So, I took a pic of one of the ship sheets and sized it in relation to an upgrade card, roughly matching what I saw on FFG Live.  Ship sheet ends up being approximately 4x5 inches in size.  The best I've found so far as a protective sleeve for a card that large would be a 4x6 inch photo sleeve.  But, If I find anything better I'll let everyone know.

BCW has a whole section dedicated to photo size sleeves, pages, and toploaders. I have used them in the past for larger sized cards in other games. The downside is most of their products are sold in quantities larger than what you will need. I either split them w/ other players that need them or pick up the few I need off Ebay. Also, if the card ends up being closer to 3.5x5 then you can use sleeves designed for over sized Magic commander cards. 

Edited by codytx2