Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MidWestScrub

[Blog] The Points Change: A Closer Look Part III - The Scum Faction.

Recommended Posts

What're your thoughts on having separate points lists for hyperspace and extended. I agree with most of your blog points in reference to extended format (except G1-A, I want 5 findsmen, also favorite ship bias). Do you think the points costs are also appropriate as they stand for hyperspace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

thanx for sharing. my thoughts on points.

hawk title should be 12pts

aggressors and jk5000 need the most help. possibly extra upgrade options as well as points reduction.

In the shadowcaster assaj is slightly over priced. imo ketsu is just better and cheaper.

firepsray pilots not named boba need a slight points reduction imo. few of them r seeing any play as is. Emon is the best of the non-boba pilots.

4-LOM with advanced sensors is a little too expensive. AS should be 8pts not 10pts imo.

scum falcon is in an odd spot. its lacking some firepower. if it was a good ship ud see more people playing multiple scum falcons, and im only seeing Han worth using.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MidWestScrub said:

Part 3 of the series by Matt Cary.

Check it out here, and tell us what you think 

Nice blog, but you lost me here:

As a mild suggestion, I think it might be worth making S-foils cost 1 point. Wait, don’t run away. Hear me out first. Increase the S-foils cost to 1, but decrease the cost of every T-65 by 1 point. That way it’s no longer a mindless choice to add it on and can be dropped if you really need that 1 point. But, paying 1 point for a boost action and a focus boost-linked action would definitely be worth the cost if you want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

thanx for sharing. my thoughts on points.

hawk title should be 12pts

aggressors and jk5000 need the most help. possibly extra upgrade options as well as points reduction.

In the shadowcaster assaj is slightly over priced. imo ketsu is just better and cheaper.

firepsray pilots not named boba need a slight points reduction imo. few of them r seeing any play as is. Emon is the best of the non-boba pilots.

4-LOM with advanced sensors is a little too expensive. AS should be 8pts not 10pts imo.

scum falcon is in an odd spot. its lacking some firepower. if it was a good ship ud see more people playing multiple scum falcons, and im only seeing Han worth using.

I routinely get wrecked by firesprays and shadowcasters. I absolutely hate those ships.  The firespray ships with a full 3 firepower back and front without having to rotate an arc! The pilot that shoots bendy bombs! Aghhh.. impossible to dodge.   The shadowcaster build where you use 0.0.0 to give stress/gain green then enjoy a fully modded shot (with force if you like) and then give a tractor beam token is just killer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Hawk title should be 12pts

I think that they should drop the points of all HWKs instead, because they aren't a big threat without a title. Spice Runner isn't better than naked Tie Bomber and Y-wing with Dorsal Turret is much better. 32 is the price of naked Star Wing with stats: 2/2/4/3 not 2/2/3/2.

Spice Runner 28 (from 32) - 46 with title is still higher than Tie/SF with SF gunner(44) or Arc(42)

Dace 33 (from 35) - It's only talent slot + higher Ini, because you need other ship to use his ability

Torkil 33 (from 38) - Make enemy shoot last in arc and at Ini 2 isn't that brutal. Ini 2 is the same as 1.

Palob 36 (from 40) - He has good ability, but you still need someone in arc at Ini 3. Talent slot is good on HWK. Talent + Ini 3 = 2 points, ability 6 points.

And leave the title at 18 points.

 

4-LOM is little overpriced when you compare him to Ten and Braylen.

Edited by Boreas Mun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think that they should drop the points of all HWKs instead, because they aren't a big threat without a title. Spice Runner isn't better than naked Tie Bomber and Y-wing with Dorsal Turret is much better. 32 is the price of naked Star Wing with stats: 2/2/4/3 not 2/2/3/2.

Spice Runner 28 (from 32) - 46 with title is still higher than Tie/SF with SF gunner(44) or Arc(42)

Dace 33 (from 35) - It's only talent slot + higher Ini, because you need other ship to use his ability

Torkil 33 (from 38) - Make enemy shoot last in arc and at Ini 2 isn't that brutal. Ini 2 is the same as 1.

Palob 36 (from 40) - He has good ability, but you still need someone in arc at Ini 3. Talent slot is good on HWK. Talent + Ini 3 = 2 points, ability 6 points.

And leave the title at 18 points.

Palob isnt as good vs calculate tokens and im seein quite a few of them about no the separatists are in town.

i miss seeing any hwks on t table so whatever FFG does as long as they get cheaper to field with the title id be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Palob isnt as good vs calculate tokens and im seein quite a few of them about no the separatists are in town.

i miss seeing any hwks on t table so whatever FFG does as long as they get cheaper to field with the title id be happy.

Cannon slot would also work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, Redd9 said:

What're your thoughts on having separate points lists for hyperspace and extended. I agree with most of your blog points in reference to extended format (except G1-A, I want 5 findsmen, also favorite ship bias). Do you think the points costs are also appropriate as they stand for hyperspace?

I think separate points is a bit complicated. Points are currently balanced better in Hyperspace in my opinion.

12 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Nice blog, but you lost me here:

As a mild suggestion, I think it might be worth making S-foils cost 1 point. Wait, don’t run away. Hear me out first. Increase the S-foils cost to 1, but decrease the cost of every T-65 by 1 point. That way it’s no longer a mindless choice to add it on and can be dropped if you really need that 1 point. But, paying 1 point for a boost action and a focus boost-linked action would definitely be worth the cost if you want it.

It was a suggestion to try out. 5 X-wings without S-foils isn't drastically different than 5 Kihraxzs so I shouldn't have lost you there unless you think those are overpowered.

11 hours ago, Boreas Mun said:

I think that they should drop the points of all HWKs instead, because they aren't a big threat without a title. Spice Runner isn't better than naked Tie Bomber and Y-wing with Dorsal Turret is much better. 32 is the price of naked Star Wing with stats: 2/2/4/3 not 2/2/3/2.

That is probably the better call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cit: "I understand that Boba Fett needed to go up, but I don’t think he needed to go up 6 points since all of his super cheap gadgets and gizmos that made him a monster went up quite bit as well. Drop him back down 2 points."

I do not agree with him... has he ever tried to destroy boba fett? maybe with a coordinating lando on escape craft that support him?

it's  quite impossible (in my experience).

after protorps points change (to 12) boba lost his "natural predator"

boba now is a points safe.

his ability is too good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...