Sign in to follow this  
geek19

Hey an article!

Well I have actually had a mon Cal Exodus fleet on my drawing board for quite some time and is slightly simaller. This guy is still on the drawing board, haven't even flown it yet. 

Assault: Advanced Gunnery
Defense: Fire Lanes
Navigation: Solar Corona

MC80 Assault Cruiser (114)
• Admiral Ackbar (38)
• Bail Organa (7)
• Engine Techs (8)
• Early Warning System (7)
• Advanced Projectors (6)
• Leading Shots (4)
• Quad Battery Turrets (5)
• Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (5)
= 194 Points

MC30c Scout Frigate (69)
• Hondo Ohnaka (2)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• External Racks (3)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
• Mon Calamari Exodus Fleet (5)
= 90 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Slicer Tools (7)
• Quantum Storm (1)
= 26 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Ahsoka Tano (2)
• Comms Net (2)
= 22 Points

Squadrons:
• 2 x VCX-100 Freighter (30)
• Shara Bey (17)
• Tycho Celchu (16)
= 63 Points

Total Points: 395

Though I am primarily an Imperial player can't wait to destroy an SSD

2 minutes ago, bllaw said:

Wrong slicer tools the one in the article is for for x-wing not armada🤣

slicer-tools.png

swm18-slicer-tools.png

Looks like they have both listed.. Armada in article, X-wing in list.. lol

28 minutes ago, Triangular said:

The Turbolaser Reroute Circuits is the old version without exhaust ...

Oh yeah, they're totally changing it back to the old way when the SSD drops to make up for the Rebels not getting anything. Source: ....nnnnot me making things up. My uncle works for Nintendo/FFG.

45 minutes ago, Norell said:

And here I was, thinking that I'm gonna surprise the world with the Annihilator+Kallus+QLT combo....

PDR hasn't been been mentioned yet... and I suspect I'll take it with Ravager over Annihilator any day.

I’m still floored that they let Jerjerrod work on it. 

I do do appreciate that it can essentially shrug off the worst aspects of Armada (last-first alpha strikes) and I might have considered it if I was a primarily imperial player. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Norell said:

Well, if you put in a H9 and/or PDR, you probably won't need the Annihilator title.

Can you stop to spoil any more of my "tricks"? 😉

And if you mention the Annihilator, Kallus, H9, Quad Cannons, Leading Shot combination, i am getting mad 😁.
Even when i would prefer Ravager over Annihilator. The look of the opponent must be really great, when you are rolling 6 dice against squadrons (yes, only against one squadron, but still nice).

@Green Knight and yes, i know. ISD with devestator can roll 7+ dice ☺. You were showing it to me.

Edited by Tokra

Ravager vs Annihilatetor is an interesting debate. Ravager is more flexible and lets you really put the hurt on one squadron, while Annihilatetor basically makes you AA a tie fighter attack.  I think I might lean towards Ravager now, but I do find the debate interesting.

More dice does seem the way to go via a vis Ackbar since crit effects will be largely useless against the SSD due to ubiquitous usage of damages control officers...

9 hours ago, xero989 said:

Ravager vs Annihilatetor is an interesting debate. Ravager is more flexible and lets you really put the hurt on one squadron, while Annihilatetor basically makes you AA a tie fighter attack.  I think I might lean towards Ravager now, but I do find the debate interesting.

Ravager: anti no-squad-lists

Annihilator: anti max-squad-lists

FFG seemed to foresee the meta :D

Ravager is certainly more flexible, but it also depends on your fleet. If you don't have a light screen, Annihilator may be a good assurance against bomber fleets. If you have some squadrons, you may put an extra weight on killing ships with Ravager while still being able to squat squads too.

4 hours ago, The Jabbawookie said:

FTFY

Maarek’s gonna have a bad day when hit with a red and 4 blacks from a CF command with Kallus...

Or from 5 red and a blue with 2 auto accurate und at least 2 rerolls 😉.

Everthing with 3 or 4 hull should be dead for sure. 5 and 6 hull will survive this, unless the roll was really lucky.

But this might not be enough. You can only kill one squadron this way on each turn. 

Ravager just never impressed me like Annihilator. It's just one die. Annihilator just keeps...on...murdering... Sure, on it's own the title isn't great. It's the combination of QLT, Kallus, and the fact that there are no other meaningful targets in your fleet if you have an SSD to begin with. All that put together means a significant increase in your anti-squad output for only a 16 point investment. There are so many other ways to murder ships with the SSD, that dedicating just 16 points in incredible anti-squad makes too much sense.

21 minutes ago, Truthiness said:

Ravager just never impressed me like Annihilator. It's just one die. Annihilator just keeps...on...murdering... Sure, on it's own the title isn't great. It's the combination of QLT, Kallus, and the fact that there are no other meaningful targets in your fleet if you have an SSD to begin with. All that put together means a significant increase in your anti-squad output for only a 16 point investment. There are so many other ways to murder ships with the SSD, that dedicating just 16 points in incredible anti-squad makes too much sense.

Shutuppppppppp. Let them build it bad so that I CAN kill it with squads....