Hi everyone!

I primarily play armada, but i have been interested in getting into x-wing casually for a while now. Tie Defenders are my favorite Imperial fighter and I was wonder if anyone had a defender list that they enjoy playing with. Ideally I would like to run 3 in a list but it doesn't look like that's possible in a standard list. 

Anyway any suggestions or Defender lists would be appreciated. :)

Yeah triple defenders isn't possible anymore. Seen people run double defenders but I'm not crazy about it. Single defender backed with other stuff is solid fun though. Staple FCS and Juke to it and go have fun. 

Two of my favs: 

TIE/ph Phantom - •“Echo” - 55
    •“Echo” - Slippery Trickster (50)
        Juke (5)

TIE/D Defender - •Rexler Brath - 93
    •Rexler Brath - Onyx Leader (82)
        Juke (5)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Heavy Laser Cannon (4)

TIE/ph Phantom - Sigma Squadron Ace - 51
    Sigma Squadron Ace - (46)
        Juke (5)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

And

Alpha-class Star Wing - Nu Squadron Pilot - 54
    Nu Squadron Pilot - (32)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Proton Torpedoes (12)
        Cluster Missiles (5)
        Advanced SLAM (3)
        Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (0)

Alpha-class Star Wing - Nu Squadron Pilot - 54
    Nu Squadron Pilot - (32)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Proton Torpedoes (12)
        Cluster Missiles (5)
        Advanced SLAM (3)
        Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (0)

TIE/D Defender - •Countess Ryad - 91
    •Countess Ryad - Cutthroat Politico (84)
        Juke (5)
        Fire-Control System (2)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Rexler/juke/fcs  89

Duchess/Predator/5th Bro  53

Maarek Stele/Marksman/FCS/Afterburners 55

3 maneuverable aces all at init 5 so it gives you easy activation order to prevent bumping.  Get the potential combo of maarek giving bad crits and then rexler exposing them again.

hola 👋 

if you want more than one I’d go with Deltas and pair them with a good third ship. 

If you add Soontir you get a classic list, I’d use trick shot Echo (Phantom) because it’s a bit more fun...

Delta Squadron Pilot (70)

Delta Squadron Pilot (70)

Colonel Jendon (46)
Emperor Palpatine (11)
Hull Upgrade (3)
Total: 200

or

Rexler Brath (82)

Major Vynder (39)
Crack Shot (1)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Advanced SLAM (3)
Os-1 Arsenal Loadout (0)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)

Colonel Jendon (46)
Emperor Palpatine (11)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I've kind of stopped flying Defenders, after a long run of them (particularly with a Palp Shuttle) when 2e first came out.  However, this kind of interests me:

• Delta (FCS) 72
  • Omicron Group Pilot (Emperor Palpatine) 54
  • Darth Vader (FCS, Afterburners) 73

I like OGP for flying with Deltas, to chop-and-change the order of activation for nice coordinates.  I've run 2x Deltas a bunch in the past, but Vader swapped in seems really interesting to me.  Getting a high-Init, High-damage ship to mix in just seems like it'd be fun.

I adore the Defenders, but their biggest problem tends to be their predicability.  I like to add a ship with Coordinate; a boost or barrel roll before a 4-K lets you come in at all kinds of attack vectors, and you can still get a modded shot (something you can miss with Advanced Sensors).

This is what I've been enjoying recently. If you do it right, Sai can have a Focus and a Lock, and Rexler can have a Focus, Evade, and a Lock:

TIE/D Defender: Rexler Brath (82 + 5)
    + Juke (5)
    + Jamming Beam (0)
Lambda-class Shuttle: Lieutenant Sai (47 + 4)
    + Jamming Beam (0)
    + ST-321 (4)
TIE/ph Phantom: "Whisper" (54 + 5)
    + Juke (5)

15 hours ago, pakirby said:

what's a good Defender/Interceptor/Phantom List? 

Onyx Squadron Ace (76)
Juke (5)

“Whisper” (54)
Juke (5)

Soontir Fel (52)
Predator (2)
Total: 194

You can do Rexlar, without a bid. I prefer bids though. Onyx is just as tough as Rexlar, you just dont get his ability.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wurms said:

You can do Rexlar, without a bid. I prefer bids though. Onyx is just as tough as Rexlar, you just dont get his ability.

Not having a bid isn't as bad when your ships have Juke; when you attack first you will definitely have the Evade, as opposed to having to decide whether or not to spend it defensively before you fire.

Edited by A Long Vader Go
Formatting

8 minutes ago, A Long Vader Go said:

Not having a bid isn't as bad when your ships have Juke; when you attack first you will definitely have the Evade, as opposed to having to decide whether or not to spend it defensively before you fire.

Yeah, understand that, but I prioritize not getting shot at because...green dice. And the bid is more for Soontir than the Jukers as I6 is getting a little crowded with Vaders, Anakins, Poe's, Wedge, Quickdraws, etc. etc.

3 hours ago, wurms said:

Yeah, understand that, but I prioritize not getting shot at because...green dice. And the bid is more for Soontir than the Jukers as I6 is getting a little crowded with Vaders, Anakins, Poe's, Wedge, Quickdraws, etc. etc.

I can't blame you in the slightest. Even three green dice and four shields can only last you so long.

Since Soontir is so tight for points, I wonder if an Init 5 ship would be a strong 3rd to a double-Juke Whisper/Rexler list.

I had a friend who used to fly with Duchess back when Whisper could take Vader crew, but still seems at least OK now.  Duchess leaves a lot of room for extras.  Maybe Fire Control System or Collision Detector on Rexler, maybe Fifth Brother on Whisper, maybe Shield Upgrade on Duchess.  Crack Shot or Elusive seem like the best picks for a Talent on her.  Duchess isn't as strong of an arc dodger as Soontir, but she's a lot cheaper, and not too bad.

I've also seen someone mention Maarek Stele along with Whisper/Rexler.  Not quite as much room, but at 49 for a Crack Shot or Marksmanship Maarek with FCS, that'd leave 5 points for either bid, or FCS on Rexler.  Seems like some pretty impressive hitting.

I always worry with the 3 ace Imps, that if I have a Striker or an Interceptor in there, if they get caught, the opposing squad won't even slow down.  Maybe a git gud thing....

But still, I like to be able to have all 3 nigh on impossible to kill with 1 4 dice attack. Gives you that leeway to make a mistake and recover. Or trade those half points, knowing your squad strength is unchanged and now you have an advantage.

Phantoms are such great partners, with Juke. They're all good, decloak is better than boost, choose any. 5th Brother is brilliant for the named, too expensive for the others.

I like the v1 a lot at the moment. Either dirt cheap or 7th Sister. Complements the Defenders zoom and boom.

Maarek.... feels a bit flimsy and predictable without more support/distraction, but a great price. Afterburners kinda needed in a 3 ace list.

Really want to get a Lambda. Massive Reaper fan but it isn't really tough enough to support 2 aces. Having been a little burned, I haven't been brave enough to try it with Feroph..... Yet.

Defender itself. Juke Rex is the king. Hands down. Whatever you pay for any of the others, it's not as good value as this.

But I prefer AdvS, Outmanoeuvre  Ryad. Unfortunately she's (fittingly?) a very expensive show off, more than an actual effective fighter pilot. She is immune to many things though.

I2 and I4 are solid. But you may as well go up to Rex from the I4 imo.

The I2s, I honestly found them a bit boring. Solid, dependable, but not very interesting to fly once a Coord gets away from you. Difficult to get the R1 hammer blow against a lot of things, so it's chip, chip and chip away more often than I like.

My favourite combination from the above, so far, is Juke Rex, Juke 5th Bro Echo and 7th Sister. Really good, obnoxious fun. But we still have a load of things we need to put some proper time into.

Posted (edited)

As a result of this thread, I am now convinced this will just be the best thing ever. But I did only just think of it.

(82) Rexler Brath [TIE/D Defender] (5) Juke. Points: 87

(46) Seventh Sister [TIE Advanced v1] Points: 46

(65) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1] (2) Fire-Control System. Points: 67

Total points: 200

May actually swap the FCS to 7th Sister, evade plus force plus single red reroll is a good, simple stack, as failed block insurance. Vader can just take a new lock. It does hurt, running him without burners and FCS, but he's still very good.

Edited by Cuz05

Here's a Defender list I saw and thought was vicious: 

Countess Ryad w/ Juke... 89

Echo w/ Fifth Brother, Juke... 64

Lt. Sai... 47

200/200

No bid, no worries- it's not like there's much in the game that can keep up with you regardless. Ryad gets back the unpredictability Defenders normally surrender, with coordinate actions to make the problem that much harder for your foe. Echo is vicious and horribly tricky to lock down. Fifth Brother gives you emergency actions should the unthinkable happen, and lets you barrel roll with little drop off in performance.

The list, in short, is one that rewards precision flying and offers more positional variety than all but a few in the game. Initiative 4 arc dodgers sounds like a contradiction, but believe me, it totally isn't.