Posted (edited)

It would be a very powerful card if it was a total of 8 and know FFG on being relentless about damage and healing, I would say it is 4 total.

Technically on how it is written, without a comma between the two items, it reads as 4 total.

Still a very powerful card.

Edited by Thaeggan

3 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

It would be a very powerful card if it was a total of 8 and know FFG on being relentless about damage and healing, I would say it is 4 total.

Technically on how it is written, without a comma between the two items, it reads as 4 total.

Still a very powerful card.

That’s how I interpret the card too

I agree with the above posters. It's also worth noting that no other healing cards allow 8 healing, or have a wording that would imply something to the effect of x damage + x fear healing. In general the healing is either one damage category, or any combination of the two damage types up to a certain total.

Posted (edited)

Yep. Or would means a choise of healing either damage or healing fear. Not both. And means conbination of those (based on that ”and” is better than ”or” according to developers)

Edited by Hannibal_pjv
Clarification

IMO it would have been much clearer if it said "...up to 4 facedown [DAMAGE] and/or [FEAR]..."

I had the same question regarding even the basic Guard and Rest abilities.  Really poor choice of wording.

Posted (edited)

Over at BoardGameGeek they got an official reply from Grace:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/31896849#31896849

Basically you do discard up to 4 damage and up to 4 fear (totalling up to 8 cards removed).

Note most other cards say damage or fear. This one says damage and fear

Edited by MeeKey