Sign in to follow this  
gran_orco

Firing "through" a wall

If I am using Keen Eyes from a space that is two squares away from the target, in the opposite side of a wall, can I count spaces through the wall? I mean, If I count directly to the objetive (through the wall), it is two spaces away, but if I must count "around" the wall, it is 4 spaces away.

Posted (edited)

From the Reference Rule Book.

111.2: If an ability, such as “Keen Eyes,” allows for a hero or enemy to resolve a ranged attack that is up to two or more spaces away on a battle map, it may be possible for a hero or enemy to resolve a ranged attack against a target that is on the opposite side of a wall token.

Edited by Thaeggan

Posted (edited)

I  think it doesn't means you can shoot "through" the wall, but "around" it, so you can't shoot if you are 4 spaces away. Ranged attack allows to attack a target that is adjacent, keen eyes increase the range so you can attack someone who is 2 adjacent spaces away. Rules for walls say that spaces separated by them are not adjecent, so you don't count directly through the wall, but around it.

Edited by Casparas

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Thaeggan said:

From the Reference Rule Book.

111.2: If an ability, such as “Keen Eyes,” allows for a hero or enemy to resolve a ranged attack that is up to two or more spaces away on a battle map, it may be possible for a hero or enemy to resolve a ranged attack against a target that is on the opposite side of a wall token.

I read It. That's why I made the question. Anyway, It seems that you do not think the same that Casparas.

13 hours ago, Casparas said:

I  think it doesn't means you can shoot "through" the wall, but "around" it, so you can't shoot if you are 4 spaces away. Ranged attack allows to attack a target that is adjacent, keen eyes increase the range so you can attack someone who is 2 adjacent spaces away. Rules for walls say that spaces separated by them are not adjecent, so you don't count directly through the wall, but around it.

This is what I thought initially. 

Thanks to both of you.

Edited by gran_orco

Thematically I would interpret it as your eyes being so keen you see a break in the wall and know you can make the shot through it: Legolas shooting through the gaps in the door in Balin's tomb in Moria.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lord Citrus said:

Didn’t the developers shoot over the wall in the twitch event?

I will try and find the video of it, maybe I am remembering wrong 

1h 56min in

You can't attack through a barrier, but you can attack around them.

Edited by Thaeggan

Yeah, with Keen Eyes you can count spaces around a wall.

If your space is separated to the target's space by a wall, but both those spaces share another adjacent space you can count it, then the target space as the second.

It's not shooting through the wall, or over, but around it.

He's got remote controlled arrows or somesuch nonsense

1 hour ago, Majushi said:

It's not shooting through the wall, or over, but around it.

He's got remote controlled arrows or somesuch nonsense

Doing a Disney Robin Hood. Shoot the previous arrow with another arrow to change it's direction.

There is not line of sight rules in this game and that is sometimes making my head hurt a Little bit, but I just have to adjust my thinking to make spaces more abstract than They appear in the board...