Sign in to follow this  
Archlyte

Linked on Adversary Attacks

I'm at work so I couldn't look this up but I was wondering if some multi-limbed or really impressive adversaries have the linked qualities on their attacks. I have a bunch of Adversary cards but my mind is failing me on this one. So for instance can you have an expert swordsman who has Linked 1 for his Sword attack, or a Creature with multiple Tentacles having like Linked 3? 

I've not book-dived to confirm, but I believe generally speaking most NPCs don't have Linked 1 due to having pure skill with a solitary weapon or due to having multiple limbs.

With regards to multiple limbs, I think that's been sort of "baked in" either by giving the creature's base attack a boosted damage value (to reflect getting walloped/scratched multiple times), or with multi-limbed sentient species getting a boost die on Brawl checks.

Personally, I've used Linked for a couple Nemesis Adversary builds to reflect that they've specialized in multi-weapon combat, such as a modified Lightsaber duelist droid that used twin lightsabers having Linked 1 so that I didn't have to worry about the two weapon combat rules, but also countered that by not giving it a monstrous Lightsaber dice pool in comparison to the PCs (who were pre-gens as this was for a con module).

I suspect that General Grevious would have Linked 3 for his particular method of lightsaber attacking, making him a very dangerous opponent to fight unless you've mastered a fully defensive style that's going to load him up with so many difficulty upgrades and setback dice that he's got little chance of hitting, much less hitting with enough advantage to be able to use that Linked quality.

The multi-armed species that I am aware of get a 2nd Maneuver for Free, still unable to take 3 maneuvers in a turn without having Unmatched Mobility signature move.

You can certainly build weapons that have the linked quality for them but it's not specific to their racial abilities.

19 minutes ago, Varlie said:

The multi-armed species that I am aware of get a 2nd Maneuver for Free, still unable to take 3 maneuvers in a turn without having Unmatched Mobility signature move.

You can certainly build weapons that have the linked quality for them but it's not specific to their racial abilities.

Yeah I was only thinking of Nemesis or really nasty Adversaries. 

Gracious does have linked 3, with the light sabers. So 1 hit, each additional linked hit adds it's damage value to the sum. It's just crazy how much damage he can do with the right dice roll. Damage 9 x4 (1 base + linked 3) + 1 damage per success....

On 5/11/2019 at 1:21 AM, doktor grym said:

Gracious does have linked 3, with the light sabers. So 1 hit, each additional linked hit adds it's damage value to the sum. It's just crazy how much damage he can do with the right dice roll. Damage 9 x4 (1 base + linked 3) + 1 damage per success....

But if he wasn't scary he wouldn't be the general.