Sign in to follow this  
Rettere

Vader, Stress, and Afterburners

Vader is stressed and executes a 3-speed white maneuver. He is still stressed but boosts with afterburners. Can he now spend one force, after boosting, to get a target lock? 

I am pretty sure the answer is NO but want to know why to explain it at LGS. To me it seems obvious that the 'even while stressed' on afterburners only applies to the boost and not to any followup actions, but other people don't seem to see it that way...

28 minutes ago, Rettere said:

Vader is stressed and executes a 3-speed white maneuver. He is still stressed but boosts with afterburners. Can he now spend one force, after boosting, to get a target lock? 

I am pretty sure the answer is NO but want to know why to explain it at LGS. To me it seems obvious that the 'even while stressed' on afterburners only applies to the boost and not to any followup actions, but other people don't seem to see it that way...

You're correct here, only the boost from Afterburners is covered by the 'even while stressed' clause. Any attempt to perform actions after that via Vader's ability causes them to act as normal actions, meaning they cannot be done while stressed.

Agreed.  Afterburners only exempts the Boost from the not-while-stressed requirement of actions.

//

Just to note another Vader/Afterburners interaction: If Vader isn't stressed, he'd be able to chain actions off of Afterburners.  It generally doesn't matter, since you'll normally have a Perform Action step you can use afterwards, but there are a few cases where it's relevant.  For example, flying over an Asteroid or Gas Cloud will cause you to skip your Perform Action step, but Afterburners can still trigger (and Vader could spend force to chain actions).  So if you're worried you might clip a non-Debris obstacle, it'll be best to do so at higher speed.