Sign in to follow this  
Gaido

Tournaments and deck language

As you know, in organised play, players can read opponent's deck list for two minutes before main game.

In my country players can buy KeyForge decks in two languages: english and polish.

Imagine now, that I take my deck with polish name, decklist, rulings on card to tournament in USA. My opponents don't know polish, and names on decklist don't tell him anything. Fox example Pitlord in polish is Władca Otchłani and Wild Wormhole is Luka Czasoprzestrzenna (try to pronounce it xD). My opponent can find card by it's number, but 2 minutes it's to short time to find all cards.

How to deal with this situation? 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:41 AM, dpuck1998 said:

I would just ask to look at the deck, I know it well enough by the photos.

Agreed. Magic is printed in 13 languages last I checked and I prefer to play with foreign cards as it is a way to differentiate my decks if they were to be stolen.

If I can see your decklist, I already know your decks contents, so seeing your actual deck is no different.

What is actually interesting is even just going to events and playing against newer players who don't even know what all the cards are anyways. I benefit more from know what is in their deck versus them "knowing" what is in mine. I understand what cards of mine are more important for the match while they are only able to know whether or not I am cheating by putting in a card that is not listed.

This game up at the Eindhoven vault tour and the judges ruling was that the opponent could use the mastervault app to scan the foreign language deck, as this translates the cards into the users native language.  I had to do this twice on the day as faced both a French and a German deck with a couple of cards I couldn’t figure out from deck list