Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 7:51 AM, kerbarian said:

I've been thinking about tribots lists but won't have a chance to try it on the table for a little while.  I'm not sure between that B/C/D version with 2x Autoblasters or A/C/D with only the titles.  I'm leaning towards A/C/D, but if anyone is trying out tribots (or A/B/4-Lom, etc.) I'd love to hear how it's been working out.

Flew B,C+4-LOM (D-Crew)  last night.    With Autoblasters on all.

(Flew against Boba, Fenn Rau and Plutt)

Was fun to fly.  Lost in the end because 7 turns of shooting couldn't do more than 2 dmg on Fenn, and didn't roll the needed crits on the blasters.

But I really enjoyed it.   

*I made my list in a hurry, so missed the obvious addition of Marksmanship which synergise beautifully with the Autoblasters.

Will definitely try B,C,D with 2x autoblasters on the new points.

Edited by Bort
Additional info

Bort - short with 2 points to fly BCD with full automarks combo x2 :( U need to drop 2x marks to fill 2x auto 
U still need to go with 4lom or Zuckuss to have 3x automarks  - but if U try, waiting for results :) 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Boyleer said:

Bort - short with 2 points to fly BCD with full automarks combo x2 :( U need to drop 2x marks to fill 2x auto 
U still need to go with 4lom or Zuckuss to have 3x automarks  - but if U try, waiting for results :) 

Can fit 3 bots (B,C and D only, not A) ,  3 titles, and 2x Autoblasters. 

I.e. one ship with just title.   And 2 ships with title and one autoblaster each,  using the updated point costs on the bots as-of today its exactly 200 points.

Before the updated I played a game with B,C,D and titles alone, and even that worked. So basically I now just have 2 extra cannons added on.  Bonus!

I just love the trip-bro-bots because I like the IG base ship. But yeah,   4Lom + 2 bots gives you a bit more options, and is still a really fun list to fly.

*EDIT.  Wait... have I been an idiot with my favorite ship.   Apparently I just read IG-88B clearly for the first time.

"After you perform an attack that misses, you may perform a bonus <cannon> attack>"

For some reason I have always thought I have to shoot with primary wpn, then if that misses I can shoot with cannon. 

But reading it carefully as written I can shoot twice using the same equipped cannon right?  I mean there is no rule saying I can't shoot twice with the same cannon or anything. Or am I forgetting some core rule somewhere now in my excitement?

Edited by Bort

Bort that is what i wrote basically :) 
And yes - U can perform 2x cannon attacks, and what is also worth mentioning, U can perform the 2nd attact against different target (like shooting 2nd ship from 0pt jamming beam *autoinclude as its free and BBots have 2 slots* to make it drop its tokens before other BBot attack it) 

Flew this last night:

G-1A Starfighter - •4-LOM - 57
    •4-LOM - Reprogrammed Protocol Droid (49)
        Marksmanship (1)
        •IG-88D (3)
        •Mist Hunter (2)
        Autoblasters (2)

Aggressor Assault Fighter - •IG-88B - 71
    •IG-88B - Brutal Battledroid (64)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Autoblasters (2)
        Seismic Charges (3)
        IG-2000 (1)

Aggressor Assault Fighter - •IG-88A - 72
    •IG-88A - Aggressive Automaton (68)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Autoblasters (2)
        IG-2000 (1)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

2 games: 1 win 1 lost
very funny, i love IGs and 4Lom too. I think this list can have great potential

G1IG2000

(68) IG-88A [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(3) Contraband Cybernetics
(3) Elusive
(1) IG-2000

(64) IG-88D [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(3) Elusive
(1) IG-2000

(49) 4-LOM [G-1A Starfighter]
(1) Cikatro Vizago
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 200

I've had great success with this. Elusive can really make these things survive just about anything, and whip in behind your opponent with ease while 4-Lom does his thing. 

21 hours ago, Krumok said:

2 games: 1 win 1 lost
very funny, i love IGs and 4Lom too. I think this list can have great potential

I see a lot of Bots, 4-Lom and Autoblasters in my future. :) 

Your list is roughly what I flew (cept I did my list in a hurry and forgot the Marksmanship) and I really enjoyed it.

I prefer to use B+C since I like to boost. But I can see A being useful when S-Looping. Have to try that.

34 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

I just had a bad but hilarious idea for a Brobots list:

• IG-88 B (Crack Shot, Ion Cannon, IG-2000) 71
  • IG-88 C (Crack Shot, Ion Cannon, IG-2000) 72
  • Dace Bonearm (IG-88 D, Moldy Crow, Engine Upgrade) 57

I was playing last night against someone using A, B, and Torkil Mux. That was quite interesting - Mux had Moldy Crow, so had two focus tokens to protect himself, and with IG-88A's ability could sling calculate tokens around. The mini-mindlink ability appears very useful!

20 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I was playing last night against someone using A, B, and Torkil Mux. That was quite interesting - Mux had Moldy Crow, so had two focus tokens to protect himself, and with IG-88A's ability could sling calculate tokens around. The mini-mindlink ability appears very useful!

It was seeing your post in the four T-70 thread which inspired me to play around with Moldy Bots on YASB.

I couldn't figure out how to get more than one Contraband Cybernetics into the list with Torkil, but then I figured Dace was cheaper, and I started to wonder if Ion + B would work.

9 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

It was seeing your post in the four T-70 thread which inspired me to play around with Moldy Bots on YASB.

I couldn't figure out how to get more than one Contraband Cybernetics into the list with Torkil, but then I figured Dace was cheaper, and I started to wonder if Ion + B would work.

It's not a bad idea at all. I think the issue is more that my opponent really wanted A's token-sharing ability. He was also packing passive sensors, which combined with Torkil's ability, was largely intended as a response to the IG-88's comparatively poor initiative for unique pilots.

Dace sharing initiative with the Aggressors is probably not something to ignore, though, and the combination of IG-88B with Ion Cannons and Dace's ability means you should be able to reliably ionize even bigger targets without too much trouble.

I'm not sure Engine Upgrade is that important - you've got tokens up the wazoo with Moldy Crow - but I'm not sure what I'd take instead. It would pay for IG-88A instead of IG-88C, I guess - so Dace can play mindlink-token-generator when his charges are recovering.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I had a similar list built in my squad builder but never played it as I was never sure Dace's ability was worth the cost still.  I guess it's worth a shot to try it.

11 hours ago, Burius1981 said:

does anyone have some table time with an Aggressor and Passive Sensors?  I'm tooling around with it in a squad builder, but I was curious how it has worked out for others

Been looking at them (on paper, no real games), but not sold yet.  Not currently using anything in the sensor slot. 

But since I usually play B+C I almost always want to boost for the positioning + free evade. Or strait evade if I'm going to get shot a lot.   Might be I play too defensively and should probably be target locking more often.

I tooled around with them on Fly Casual a bit.  Major downside is not having Calculates or Evade for defense against anything shooting before you and then you still might rather have Calculates for defense for what ever is firing after you.

Basically, not a fan.  Passive Sensors are mostly to enable low Init ordnance; there may be a set up with them for Aggressors but it I don't see it yet.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:28 PM, Burius1981 said:

does anyone have some table time with an Aggressor and Passive Sensors?  I'm tooling around with it in a squad builder, but I was curious how it has worked out for others

I thought about it, but didn't see the point.  Aggressors don't have any effects which require Locks instead of Calculate tokens.

The difference between double-calculate and Lock on attack rolls is like 0.016 damage per attack.  Essentially no difference.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

I thought about it, but didn't see the point.  Aggressors don't have any effects which require Locks instead of Calculate tokens.

The difference between double-calculate and Lock on attack rolls is like 0.016 damage per attack.  Essentially no difference.

My thought process was Alpha + any of the others.  So you can prime Passive Sensors with the one more likely to have a good shoot while Calculating with the other.  Start of Engagement you pass a Calculate and on engagement use Passive Sensors to take a Target Lock and you have a double modded shot.

It's not hard to pull off, but I'm not sure if it is worth the points yet.  I need to get some more table time with it.

Edited by Burius1981

26 minutes ago, Burius1981 said:

My thought process was Alpha + any of the others.  So you can prime Passive Sensors with the one more likely to have a good shoot while Calculating with the other.  Start of Engagement you pass a Calculate and on engagement use Passive Sensors to take a Target Lock and you have a double modded shot.

It's not hard to pull off, but I'm not sure if it is worth the points yet.  I need to get some more table time with it.

I guess it's a little bit of damage.  Two 3-dice double-calculate attacks is 4.469 expected hits, a pair of single-calculate bots where one has a Lock is 4.723 damage.

But I don't know what Passive Sensors is entirely needed for that.  Brobots are fast, and won't really mind crashing into Range 1, unlike a Passive Sensors Missile/Torpedo ship.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, theBitterFig said:

• Dace Bonearm (IG-88D, Engine Upgrade, Conner Nets, Trickshot)
  • IG-88 A (Contraband Cybernetics, Ion Cannon, IG-2000)
  • IG-88 B (Contraband Cybernetics, Ion Cannon, IG-2000)

Flew this against Plo Koon, Obi-Wan and Ric, all with R2. The damage output of the IG's is pretty low, as I really tried to just get things ioned. It really is a "dirty scummy tricks" jank list but those IG's are just so much fun to fly. Trickshot did wonders on the two die turret of the HWK, I'm keeping that, I didn't use Engine upgrade once, I will replace with Cybernetics next time. Dace's ability was basically useless because I was up against small base ships. For casual nights this will be a fun list, and I can't wait to use Dace on a Decimator, but top tier it ain't. I shouldn't have won my game, but I did as my opponent flew her squad for the first time and hadn't played in a while.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

I think most of the reason I went with Engine Upgrade is that, with IG-88 C in the list, you can White Boost and Evade, but it wouldn't work with a Red Boost.  With IG-88 A, having a White Boost is less important.

for sure, I had IG88-C in the squad builder and then figured out I could take A and forgot to take off EU of Dace.

Triceptitons -- triple brobots. Which is better?

Option 1 -- B + C + D)

IG-88B (64)
Autoblasters (2)
IG-2000 (1)

IG-88C (65)
Autoblasters (2)
IG-2000 (1)

IG-88D (64)
Jamming Beam (0)
IG-2000 (1)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

=== OR ===

Option 1 -- A + C + D)

IG-88A (68)
IG-2000 (1)

IG-88C (65)
IG-2000 (1)

IG-88D (64)
IG-2000 (1)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

I have always favoured B.  So the B,C,D combo is what I usually fly. I also like the Autoblaster more than I should.

BUT I have also in a recent tournament where I flew just B and C realised that I'm hardly ever taking the second shot with B.  I'm either missing at range 3, and then the cannon is not in range. Or in range 1 or 2 I get 1 dmg through so no bonus shot.  

So the no-cannon fleet may be a viable option, because the combination of 90 degree s-loops and then being able to transfer calculate to the stressed ship can be quite good.

If someone tries it let us know how it flies.