I used to play some Brobots when they first came out with moderate success. With all the different changes in 1.0 there were so many other new ships to look at and Brobots didnt seem popular in the meta, so I didnt really give them a look until recently. With the medium base (which seems much more appropriate) and the moderate cost which accomodates a solid 3rd ship in the list, I like to think Brobots can form a competive list once again. Here is my first draft:

IG-88B, Ion Cannon, Title 71pts

IG-88D, Ion Cannon, Title 71 pts

Old Teroch, Predator 58 pts

I played a few games so far and its a really fun list to fly. IG-88D is a great machine. Being able to choose between a 3 Segnor, 3 hard K-turn, 3 K-turn and the standard 4 K-turn gives you so many options. I also feel that ability translates better to the medium base than the large base in 1.0, you can more often fit yourself between ships or asteroids with the medium base allowing for some surprising moves.

The ion cannon is a pretty decent weapon to make use of IG-88Bs ability. You can also decide to use it as the first choice if you get a good chance to ion somebody into a rock or off the table, giving you a strong control element. The Advanced Droid Brain ability is definitely beneficial for the "gunner" effect because you get to convert a single focus (which is often the number that comes up in 3 dice) on both attempts.

The icing on the cake is to be able to fit Old Teroch into the build. I like to fly him to the other side from the Brobots because he is a great flanker and he can hold his own against most pilots 1v1 even PS6 pilots. It is so much easier to fly the Brobots through the asteroids since they became medium bases so they can also act as bait for OT to get behind.

Going through tournament results and 2.0 youtube videos you hardly see successful Brobots-lists. Is there something out there that completely eats them for breakfast?

It's not that any particular list eats them alive. It's that you have a lot of points in an I4 ship.  Any ace list is going to arc dodge like nobodies business.  And you don't have the firepower to out muscle rebel beef.  Brobots are in kind of a weird middle ground between them.  That doesn't mean you can't win with them thou.  The funnest part about brobots is watching your opponent decide whether to take damage, or spend a token and risk it on the ion shot.

I flew B and D with advanced sensors, ion and jam cannons, elusive, and the title at adepticon alondside lando in the escape craft and loved it.  This list is more defensive, and more mobile than yours.  But yours hits a lot harder.  And if you can fly Old T well, he can be a monster.  I definitely want to try it out.

Thanks for the reply.

Advanced Sensors is definitely the upgrade I crave for my build. Its too expensive to fit into a 3-ship build (which I really prefer) so I have considered using it on a single IG-88 leaving points for two solid ships as well. The 2.0 Advanced Sensors really hurt IG-88C (because he wont get the extra Evade Action after pre-movement boost) so I really prefer IG-88B for a single Aggressor build. IG-88B also has a more reliable damage output and since you are pretty much guaranteed a couple of calculate tokens with Advanced Sensors he should be durable enough.

Im thinking along these lines:

IG-88B, Advanced Sensors, Ion Cannon 80 pts

Palob, Trick Shot, Moldy Crow, Engine Upgrade 62 pts

The third ship could be something other than Palob in the 60-pts range. I feel Old Teroch is the best Scum pilot for the points these days so I try to fit him in where I can.

Old T seems like a nice innovation to IG lists.  He's at once a support ship (denying opponent's tokens) and a decent hitter and arc dodger, so he diversifies the threats.

Also, count me in IG-B/Cannon crowed.  I just doubt the Aggressor's potential to deal enough damage over the course of a game without backup cannon shots.  I hope Autoblaster isn't too expensive, so that it would serve as a potential cheaper replacement for Ion in IG-88 B lists.

7 hours ago, Sixter said:

Thanks for the reply.

Advanced Sensors is definitely the upgrade I crave for my build. Its too expensive to fit into a 3-ship build (which I really prefer) so I have considered using it on a single IG-88 leaving points for two solid ships as well. The 2.0 Advanced Sensors really hurt IG-88C (because he wont get the extra Evade Action after pre-movement boost) so I really prefer IG-88B for a single Aggressor build. IG-88B also has a more reliable damage output and since you are pretty much guaranteed a couple of calculate tokens with Advanced Sensors he should be durable enough.

Im thinking along these lines:

IG-88B, Advanced Sensors, Ion Cannon 80 pts

Palob, Trick Shot, Moldy Crow, Engine Upgrade 62 pts

The third ship could be something other than Palob in the 60-pts range. I feel Old Teroch is the best Scum pilot for the points these days so I try to fit him in where I can.

4-LOM with Advanced Sensors, Mist Hunter, Ion Cannon, and IG-88 D is wicked tempting to me.  It's 70 points, so a bit high to fit with Old T, unless you cut AdvS from 4-LOM.  But it seems so good on 4-LOM.

Been toying with this.   Kavil is just alot of hit points and a threat.  I prefer the ig88D with his options to chose what red turn.  Keeps options open when blockers move in.  I think brobots need the double tap option.  

I am hoping there comes something like the old HLC, but takes up two cannon slots and will ignore the bullseye requirement.   But, here is the list.

New Squadron

(65) IG-88D [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(1) IG-2000
(3) Elusive
(5) Ion Cannon

(65) IG-88B [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(3) Elusive
(1) IG-2000
(5) Ion Cannon

(43) Kavil [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(4) Ion Cannon Turret
(1) Greedo

Total points: 198

Sixter, I tried your list out last night.  I think I prefer Lando in the escape craft.  Old T definitely hits harder, but when it came to the end game, not have elusive and advanced sensors made the bros a lot more immobile.  Granted I was against whisper, but being able to sloop or k turn and still have calculates, plus elusive would have been a very different outcome 

I've been having some success with C + D with minimal upgrades + something beefy.

e.g.

IG-88C (66)    
    Elusive (3)    
    Seismic Charges (3)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 73  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 4    

IG-88D (65)    
    Elusive (3)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 74  Half Points: 37  Threshold: 4    

Lok Revenant (43)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (4)    
    Veteran Turret Gunner (6)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 5    

Total: 200

Not sure what upgrades I like on the IGs, I've tried FCS on them a few times but never seem to get much value out of it. Have wondered if Proxy Mine might be worth it instead of one of the bombs as well.

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, Sixter said:

IG-88B, Ion Cannon, Title 71pts

IG-88D, Ion Cannon, Title 71 pts

Fenn Rau fits nicely into Ds spot.

A double tapping ion cannon from B, and ioning a ship allowing old t and fenn to get range 1 would be devastating.

BroB fills a support roll now, instead of actially being the main ship to rely on for damage. I kind of like that, as its usually once Bro B goes down, your bros offense drops significantly. But with two fangs out, offense aint a problem.

IG-88B (65)
Fire-Control System (2)
Jamming Beam (0)
Ion Cannon (5)

Fenn Rau (68)
Predator (2)

Old Teroch (56)
Predator (2)

Edited by wurms

I agree that IG-88B is the best bot by far, especially since you dont get the evade action of IG-88C if you use Advanced Sensors. I really like Advanced Sensors if playing a single IG-88, it gives you Calculate tokens when you bump or do those K-turns. My idea was to use Palob/Teroch/IG-88B (see my earlier post), but surely Fenn gives more offense at the expense of durability.

Hi @Sixter, I waited a while to reply to this post because I wanted to try the list. The basic setting in my opinion was very interesting, but trying your version I came to make some changes and they are the following:

Old-IG  (199)

Old Teroch — Fang Fighter 56
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 59
Half Points: 30 Threshold: 2

IG-88B — Aggressor Assault Fighter 65
Tractor Beam 2
IG-2000 1
Ship Total: 68
Half Points: 34 Threshold: 4

IG-88C — Aggressor Assault Fighter 66
Ion Cannon 5
IG-2000 1
Ship Total: 72

Half Points: 36 Threshold: 4

first of all I replaced IG D with C (It seemed to me that the chance of boosting aiming for a bump or simply to shorten the distance in order to get an evade was more useful, considering how I play). Still, I won’t deny that even the unpredictability of my Segnor's / tallon and k-turn impressed my adversaries.

The other two variables are putting fearless on Teroch (I think there is no need to explain the reason why) and playing two a-symmetrical IGs, one with tractor and  the other with the ion cannon. This allowed me to play good games and to optimize the damages I inflicted, not only by assigning ion tokens, but also by increasing the damage done by second Ig. All of this not considering the advantage given by the chance of repositioning the opponent’s ship on an asteroid.

I am still waiting for the change of points to see if I will be able to improve something in the upgrades or if the Scum will simply succeed in bringing back the IGs to the meta. As far as the games played with the various lists in meta are concerned:
the game that gave me the most of satisfaction was against rebel beef, where between Teroch, tractor and Ion beams the poor bwings didn't have an easy life. At the end I came out as the winner with a nice 70 - 200.

I need to circle back to the Aggressors, I haven't put them on the table in a while.  My main complaint was their lack of dice mods.  Two Calc tokens are good, but they don't help blanks and taking FCS means you have to take an action to target lock a ship which depending on it's initiative may or may not be in arc after the activation step.  Furthermore, you are locking out Adv Sensors which is far and away my favorite upgrade on Aggressors because it is useful nearly every turn.

Posted (edited)

So! Lots of options, with 2 point Autoblasters, ship reductions, and IG-88 crew reduction.  I'd also suggest that 3 point Contraband Cybernetics seems worth a look now.

• Old Terroch builds can run any combination of ABCD with at least Autoblaster cannons in a B-based build, often with Contraband.
  • Kad Solus, C, and D, all with Elusive, IGs with Contraband.  Elusive Kad is a lowkey favorite of mine, and this just seems like silly fun.
  • A/C/D with no upgrades other than IG-2000 fits.  All the non-cannon synergies!
  • B/C/D with 2x Autoblaster, 1x Jamming Beam (well, 3x Jamming beam... why not?) is going to fit.  Seems like a decent buff to trip bots.
  • 4-LOM/B/C will fit with Ion Cannon and no free points.  4-LOM/B/C will fit with Autoblasters and 9 points, 4-LOM/B/A with Autoblasters and 6 Points.  Some combination of Marksmanship and Contraband Cybernetics seems wise.  CC on 4-LOM seems particularly cool.  Take a red move, grab a free Calculate from his ability, then also take another action.  It'll also let you chain red moves when you aren't able to get to Range 1 to clear stress, and might help you getting to Range 1 for the next round.
  • B/C/Firespray will fit, too, but only with the generic Bounty Hunter.  198 points with just overhead upgrades, so only room for 1 Autoblaster.  I guess the world isn't ready for a boosting, evading Krassis Trelix with second-chance attacks out of the rear arc.
Edited by theBitterFig

Just to test I flew 3 Bots last night   (B, C and D) all with title and Jamming Cannons.  (Simply because Jamming cannon is free and it gave me something to do with B's ability, even if mostly useless)

Its not as versatile as proper geared up bots + wingman can become, but it was still a lot of hurt for the opponent.

The bots have good dials, and good stats. And with 3 built in abilities this list worked out to be a lot of fun.

Posted (edited)

The version that, at least on paper, makes me feel more confident is the really versatile one with A, C and D. these three ships work synergically and have the chance of always having at least one token (even when they do a k or a S turn) and the leverage given by IGD's ability makes it really hard, for the opponent, to make them bump the moment they decide to turn around. I have high expectations for thislist and will do some tests in the next few days.

Edited by Matt_08

tinkering with this squad right now, still theory crafting. IG-88C/Trelix/Lando... i'm calling it BroLix or Brondo ;)

IG-88B (64)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Autoblasters (2)    
    Ion Cannon (5)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 86  Half Points: 43  Threshold: 4    

Lando Calrissian (Scum) (Escape Craft) (29)    
    Tactical Officer (6)    

Ship total: 35  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    

Krassis Trelix (68)    
    Trick Shot (4)    
    Autoblasters (2)    
    IG-88D (3)    
    Slave I (2)    

Ship total: 79  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 5    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v7!s=200!82:133,111,232,11,,,,151;93:,61,;107:133,232,,36,,,,161,&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Trelix with Slave1 gives you some nice repositioning options for setting up your rear firing arc. My plan with IGC is to use Ion Cannon at range 3 to set up a range 1-2 shot with autoblaster. Opening attack use autoblaster if i have bullseye online and enemy ship is range 1-2. Depending what I roll I might just save mods and reload on the second shot.

Lando gives either ship a free focus/TL or repostioning boost or trelix a reinforce or IG-88C an evade. Lots of tricks possible for doubling up actions on a single ship eg. Focus IG-88C then coordinate a boost/TL/evade then Sloop.

As stated above this is still theory crafting but this is look promising. At least on paper :)

On 6/26/2019 at 6:42 PM, FastWalker said:

You are my hero. I hope i have your strength to fly 3x Brobots:

B + C + D w/ 2x Autoblasters, 3x Jamming Beams, and title

It won't be meta. It'll be fun. I just have to borrow a 3rd IG2000 until it goes on sale.

I've been thinking about tribots lists but won't have a chance to try it on the table for a little while.  I'm not sure between that B/C/D version with 2x Autoblasters or A/C/D with only the titles.  I'm leaning towards A/C/D, but if anyone is trying out tribots (or A/B/4-Lom, etc.) I'd love to hear how it's been working out.

Not 100% sold on all this just yet, but I’ve been messing with this. I’ve never seen anyone use Feedback Array, but a 2 die ship isn’t going to do a whole lot of damage. So I’m thinking boost into bump range, get an evade, and cause auto-damage.

Bro Bots

(68) IG-88A [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(0) Jamming Beam
(1) IG-2000
(1) Crack Shot

(65) IG-88C [Aggressor Assault Fighter]
(1) IG-2000
(0) Jamming Beam
(1) Crack Shot

(47) L3-37 [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(3) IG-88D
(7) Engine Upgrade
(4) Feedback Array

Total points: 198

i recently flew these guys :

IG-88B (64)    
    Crack shot (1)    
    Tractor Beam (2)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    Seismic Charges (3)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 71  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 4    

IG-88A (68)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Autoblasters (2)    
    Jamming Beam (0)    
    IG-2000 (1)    

Ship total: 72  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 4    

4-LOM (49)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    IG-88D (3)    
    Mist Hunter (2)    
    Autoblasters (2)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 5    

Had something like 3 games on TabletopSim - 3 games won, only once lost 4LOM :) one thing which is worth noticing  :

Autoblaster + Marksmanship absolutely ROCK!! -  low shield or shieldless ships are really vulnerable to this beauty!!  

U can always change Crack+tractor to AutoMarks on the first one to have 3x the killer krit kombo, but i preffer to lower the agi before killing the victim :) (throwing some same/lower ini nasties on rocks also helps here)