Sign in to follow this  
Jaden Ckast

What’s been going on? No news since sept.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

An old one showed up in the Poe Dameron comics.

Not the Punishing One though.

Found the reddit thread. Looks extremely heavily modified:

nywunyrcvaj11.jpg

There is also a Ghitroc ( bottom, which was pointed out in the thread) and what looks to be the *** end of an E-Wing (left edge, another cell with one in it from the Poe comics). I hate it when images get cropped like this, though I can understand why they did.

Edited by Hiemfire

52 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

There is also a Ghitroc ( bottom, which was pointed out in the thread) and what looks to be the *** end of an E-Wing (left edge, another cell with one in it from the Poe comics). I hate it when images get cropped like this, though I can understand why they did.

The E-Wing already showed up in the same series in a collector's hangar. Wasn't mentioned by name but it was certainly and unequivocally an E-Wing.

6 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The E-Wing already showed up in the same series in a collector's hangar. Wasn't mentioned by name but it was certainly and unequivocally an E-Wing.

By "another cell" I meant this one was another one. I knew about the one in the personal collection already.

1 hour ago, Hiemfire said:

and what looks to be the *** end of an E-Wing (left edge, another cell with one in it from the Poe comics). I hate it when images get cropped like this, though I can understand why they did.

dunno about the other panel, but that one is clearly a kihraxz's butt

15 minutes ago, overduegalaxy said:

dunno about the other panel, but that one is clearly a kihraxz's butt

Thought so too, but the crest off of the rear fuselage and the shape of the wings says E-Wing. The Kihraxz in any of its configurations doesn't have that shape. I double checked before I posted.

Vaksai is canon, even if Kihraxz isn’t yet. According to Wookiepedia anyway.

Regardless, I don’t see Disney just dumpstering any OT-era ship designs after the work that went into them. Not much reason to and it’s a great way to get in good with the older fans.

1 hour ago, FTS Gecko said:

Oh don't even, that's not even canon.

56 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Vaksai is canon, even if Kihraxz isn’t yet. According to Wookiepedia anyway.

Regardless, I don’t see Disney just dumpstering any OT-era ship designs after the work that went into them. Not much reason to and it’s a great way to get in good with the older fans.

You know what grinds my gears? The Vaksai came after the Kihraxz, long after. Let's go for a history lesson here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The privateers in SWG had six ships not counting the YT-1300.
The Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, Kihraxz, Ixiyen, and Rihkxyrk Starfighter. The Scyk and Kihraxz were your light interceptor fighters- really the Scyk was a run of the mill "I'm going to die, huh?" fighter. But the Dunelizard was gotten by playrs about the same time as Y-Wings were. little more agile, good hardpoints. Beefy enough.

The Dunelizard and Ixiyen have been totally forgotten. The Rihkxyrk has at least been seen elsewhere- primarily in Empire at War.

Rihkxyrk_Heavy_Starfighter.jpglatest?cb=20080421013651th?id=OIP.jeFl6RvR1Jspq0Dgans1EQHaF7

Rihk, Ixi, and Dune, in that order. The Rihk was a sluggish but ultra-heavy attack fighter. You could get it fast but its turn rate wasn't very good. Honestly, it deserves the bullseye perks FAR more than the Kimogila did, as the Kimogila had some wideset-as-**** guns. The Ixiyen was essentially a black sun X-Wing, but FFG seems to think that's not the case and made the Kihraxz that! I dislike this immensely. The Dunelizard... Just sorta' is there. Tough enough but genuinely nothing special.

Many of these vessels had different body styles too. The Vaksai's style is just the stock Kihraxz, FFG has done you guys dirty here.

allkihraxz.jpg

Somebody really liked the Style-4 Kihraxz. Now I get why they did it. If they ever add the Vaksai, and they do seem to plan to, it did really only ever have ONE body style, the Kihraxz's Style 1.

So there. A little history.

2 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Somebody really liked the Style-4 Kihraxz. Now I get why they did it. If they ever add the Vaksai, and they do seem to plan to, it did really only ever have ONE body style, the Kihraxz's Style 1.

Yeah, apparently a style 1 showed up in canon under the name of Vaksai. Don’t know where or in what material though.

I suspect FFG might take that route with the reprint? An alternative would be cool.

Still can’t get my hands on any Black Sun Kihraxzes fur sub-$70 though :(.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:44 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah, apparently a style 1 showed up in canon under the name of Vaksai. Don’t know where or in what material though.

I suspect FFG might take that route with the reprint? An alternative would be cool.

Still can’t get my hands on any Black Sun Kihraxzes fur sub-$70 though :(.

Aren't the Guns for Hire boxes much cheaper than that?

On 5/8/2019 at 12:26 AM, Captain Lackwit said:

You know what grinds my gears? The Vaksai came after the Kihraxz, long after. Let's go for a history lesson here.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The privateers in SWG had six ships not counting the YT-1300.
The Scyk, Dunelizard, Kimogila, Kihraxz, Ixiyen, and Rihkxyrk Starfighter. The Scyk and Kihraxz were your light interceptor fighters- really the Scyk was a run of the mill "I'm going to die, huh?" fighter. But the Dunelizard was gotten by playrs about the same time as Y-Wings were. little more agile, good hardpoints. Beefy enough.

The Dunelizard and Ixiyen have been totally forgotten. The Rihkxyrk has at least been seen elsewhere- primarily in Empire at War.

Rihkxyrk_Heavy_Starfighter.jpglatest?cb=20080421013651th?id=OIP.jeFl6RvR1Jspq0Dgans1EQHaF7

Rihk, Ixi, and Dune, in that order. The Rihk was a sluggish but ultra-heavy attack fighter. You could get it fast but its turn rate wasn't very good. Honestly, it deserves the bullseye perks FAR more than the Kimogila did, as the Kimogila had some wideset-as-**** guns. The Ixiyen was essentially a black sun X-Wing, but FFG seems to think that's not the case and made the Kihraxz that! I dislike this immensely. 

I think, they just went for modelling practicality. The Rihkxyrk and the Ixiyen both have extremely thin rods within the model. Makes them difficult (aka expensive) to produce. And highly susceptible to damage when playing (lifting the Rihkxyrk midways gonna break the rods sooner or later, probably sooner) and transporting around to gamestore/club/tourneys. The Kihraxz and the Kimogila are a lot more sturdy. 

Now a Vaksai style 1 would be cool. The walket would be in horror though, I already have 6 Kihraxz.