Sign in to follow this  
Jaden Ckast

What’s been going on? No news since sept.

2 hours ago, Jaden Ckast said:

So I’ve been away from the game since version 2 released. I’ve been keeping tabs here and there because I still love the game a lot. However when I check back there’s been no recent news since sept of last year. What’s been going on? 

Republic, separatists, many other things. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, Jaden Ckast said:

So I’ve been away from the game since version 2 released. I’ve been keeping tabs here and there because I still love the game a lot. However when I check back there’s been no recent news since sept of last year. What’s been going on? 

Try this: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/x-wing-second-edition/?

There’s been tons of news. For the most part though, you either have conversion kits from wave 1-2, and then you have prequels.

If you don’t play prequels the game ended for you at wave 2. Everything else has been rerelease for your old factions.

I have small hopes that won’t be the case forever though. I do want to see new toys for my old factions. The resistance transport is an example, and so far the only unreleased ship I plan to pick up because it’s a unique item for one of my factions.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:27 PM, Jaden Ckast said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8224998

Trip Upsilons was a thing and FFG squashed that with a quick points change. That was fantastic news.

5 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

There’s been tons of news. For the most part though, you either have conversion kits from wave 1-2, and then you have prequels.

If you don’t play prequels the game ended for you at wave 2. Everything else has been rerelease for your old factions.

I have small hopes that won’t be the case forever though. I do want to see new toys for my old factions. The resistance transport is an example, and so far the only unreleased ship I plan to pick up because it’s a unique item for one of my factions.

CARD PACKS!

Sorry I say this on almost every thread, but this seems like the future of the game for OT factions, at least for the foreseeable future (unless we can get the TIE Brute!)

New pilots and upgrades for existing ships will be plenty to keep me occupied: No need to reinvent the X-Wing. It's a great ship, we just want more variety for who flies it.

And Epic and Huge Ships are coming.

ST will be getting plenty soon though. The Upsilon and Starfortress were supposed to release with Wave II (2 SKUs are missing there and contents were added to conversion kits) so we'll probably see them out with wave V or so. Vonreg's interceptor and the Fireball are also practically a given at this point.

11 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

How dare you ignore rotating B-wings. 

6 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

CARD PACKS!

Sorry I say this on almost every thread, but this seems like the future of the game for OT factions, at least for the foreseeable future (unless we can get the TIE Brute!)

And Epic and Huge Ships are coming.

ST will be getting plenty soon though. The Upsilon and Starfortress were supposed to release with Wave II (2 SKUs are missing there and contents were added to conversion kits) so we'll probably see them out with wave V or so. Vonreg's interceptor and the Fireball are also practically a given at this point.

Upsilon won’t matter if you converted them already, especially with that super cheap price amazon had the models for.

Huge ships is exciting sure, but that’s it.

And I’m still not convinced the card packs will be too great... probably one copy of most anything you want multiples of. :) and nobody promised new pilots. 

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

nobody promised new pilots

Promised no. Said at Celebration that they want K2-S0 in game and that is a route they're considering yes. It was in response to Dion of GSP asking during the Q&A citing the Ep 9 preview showing Lando flying the Falcon again.

17 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Harsh, but true.

It has made it pretty easy to be a non-converter for the last year.

Yup. I still converted because I actually like the rebalance and what’s been done in second edition.

I just don’t like how it’s led to a whole lot of nothing since wave 2.

There is exactly one new ship on the horizon for only one of the old factions (resistance transport). Then nothing at all in wave 5.

I am pretty stoked about the huge ship conversion, but who knows how far off that will be. 

5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Actually they did at Celebration, and they name-dropped K-2S0 as a definite future inclusion.

Well that was missed by me I suppose. I hope they actually deliver them soon-ish. And not just “oh we rereleased all the conversion kit content let’s now and only now revisit how to add content”

I am still enjoying the game. I’m just worried I’ll get power creeped out of existence with the new factions getting the new toys and no one else

53 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I am still enjoying the game. I’m just worried I’ll get power creeped out of existence with the new factions getting the new toys and no one else

Well fortunately “power creep” as such isn’t as much of a thing in 2.0, or at least they can hit the undo button when it inadvertently happens.

Case in point: Republic and CIS are generally weak right now and Rebels and Empire are pretty dominant (even excluding quad phantoms, Rebel beef, and Yion).

So power level isn’t the main reason to worry; I just want new toys already! :)

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

I just don’t like how it’s led to a whole lot of nothing since wave 2.

15 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I just want new toys already! :)

Plus, new content should be a no-brainer:

TIE Heavy

Zeta shuttle: could be a Rebel and Imperial release

Blue Squadron X-Wing Expac

Libertine Yacht

And heck, tap the EU again!

I’m betting Disney is a big no go on that. They probably only allow EU legends material that was already done.

I expect large-scale recanonization of the rest of the ships with new pilots. Jumpmaster, Defender, and E-Wing already have been, for example. K-Wing, Agressor, Punisher, Phantom, Scyk, and Kimogila are the only ones left as I recall.

New pilots will either be FFG creations or new Canon characters. Unfortunately, we're probably never getting Tycho or Carnor back.

I’m betting Disney is a big no go on that. They probably only allow EU legends material that was already done.

I could see that becoming a Game of Thrones-like problem with FFG outstripping Disney in terms of ship releases to the game/from the movies.  The last few movies have had 2-3 ship options per, and I doubt Resistance and The Mandalorian or going to be a font of new ships.  FFG may need to tap the EU to keep the game fresh.

19 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I expect large-scale recanonization of the rest of the ships with new pilots. Jumpmaster, Defender, and E-Wing already have been, for example. K-Wing, Agressor, Punisher, Phantom, Scyk, and Kimogila are the only ones left as I recall.

Again, how fast?  Plus, these ships are already in the game, so that doesn't help much.

Unfortunately, we're probably never getting Tycho or Carnor back.

IMHO, that's exactly what card packs are for--individual pilots that would be great to get into the game, but are not quite blingy/official enough to make it into a ship expac.