Sign in to follow this  
X Wing Nut

Who shoots first Bail or Han?

Say i have Bail to trigger in round 3 and i want to also trigger Han. Both say at the start of the ship phase. does this mean i do Bail then Han or the other way around or only 1 of them as i would be getting 2 activations?

The default timing rule is:

If two or more of a player’s effects have the same timing, that player can resolve those effects in any order.

Although the more interesting question is what happens if you have Bail but the 1st player has Han Solo. Based on the other timing rule:

If both players have effects with the same timing, the first player resolves all of his effects with that timing first.

...which would mean the first player's Han would go before the second player's Bail (and also before the Second Player got to use EWS, or Hondo, or any other "start of the ship phase" thing).

Wouldn't it be interesting if a Han from the first player was able to kill a Bail on the second player before it could activate first that round

I guess the question is what happens first "may" or "must"?

i always thought "must" has to happen before any "may" ability can. 

either way I think I like the idea of having 2 activation's in a row as second player :D  

38 minutes ago, X Wing Nut said:

i always thought "must" has to happen before any "may" ability can. 

Don't think so. Just means that it has to happen; you can choose not to activate Han at the start of the ship phase, but if you have used Bail you have to activate his ship then.

But yes - a first-player Han activation could kill a Bail ship, or a Hondo ship, or a Fleet Command ship, or any other "at the start of the ship phase" thing.

Posted (edited)

As mentioned, anything that shares the same timing. The 1st player always resolves first, followed by the 2nd player.
Further, correct, the player can choose in which order they resolve anything in that timing window.

As for must and may.

May is a choice.
Must means it has to happen.

Edited by Karneck