With Bossk coming out this month (Hopefully) has any one had a chance to proxy him, and if so what are your thoughts? Even if you haven't used him what do you think of him?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, crx3800 said:

He can not detonate Scouts charges. He can only detonate dioxis charges. 

Ah, just checked and you're right :)

He can still play sniper, lay his dioxin charge and have a nasty melee attack to boot. 

Give him Hunter and let him hunt? 

Edited by FearofaBlankPlanet

I've been using him in Invader.  He's amazing.

His long range firepower is excellent with aim token access, and his command cards are very solid.  He's definitely vulnerable to burst damage, so you don't want to get him close to any major threats, but luckily he is very effective at range 4.  Regen punishes your opponent for trying to chip damage off him at range.

2 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

He's been pretty effective in this season of the Invader League. I think he'll be a staple of long range suppression lists. 

So you’re saying bossk krennic and suppressive eweb lists! 

2 hours ago, krebeck said:

So you’re saying bossk krennic and suppressive eweb lists! 

I dunno about eweb, but I’ve run a mean Krennic, DT, Bossk list that can put out some suppression tokens! 

while he has some great abilities he isn't going to be as strong long range compare to snipers and other units like boba fett, he is great up close as he can also regenerate while in melee.
his command cards are interesting
3 pip = unlimited aim tokens if he goes last.
2 pip = double attack
1 pip = grenade and it does damage unless heal the next activation of that unit.

8 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

What's an Invader League?

Where did you see his command cards?

They spoiled the cards on the FFG livestream awhile back. 

http://www.invaderleague.com/

invader is an online league I run twice a year. We’re in the third season now, with around 96 players. Invader uses unreleased content, so new units like Bossk and Sabine are being tested already. 

On 5/4/2019 at 12:04 AM, azeronbloodmoone said:

while he has some great abilities he isn't going to be as strong long range compare to snipers and other units like boba fett, he is great up close as he can also regenerate while in melee.
his command cards are interesting
3 pip = unlimited aim tokens if he goes last.
2 pip = double attack
1 pip = grenade and it does damage unless heal the next activation of that unit.

I've played against him a few times on TTS, he's a wrecking ball at long range. He's just tough to deal with in general.

11 hours ago, arnoldrew said:

I've played against him a few times on TTS, he's a wrecking ball at long range. He's just tough to deal with in general.

Oh man that’s really exciting! I’m super pumped! He’s gonna get all Miley Cyrusey up in those lists

On 5/4/2019 at 9:08 AM, Alpha17 said:

Eh, don't care about Bossk in lore, so I won't be picking him up.  Besides the AT-ST down and the Shoretroopers, it'll be a slow summer for me and Legion.

Bossk is a dork, but he's a bounty hunter. He's a dangling carrot for the bounty hunter prize we all want; 4LOM and Zuckuss. 

I'm torn on the shoretroopers.

30fxtd.jpg

30 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Do we know why his bomb is only one and Sabine says to arm 2? Is there a difference in dice because they are both one Pip cards.

his bomb does damage over 2 rounds while sabine doesn't. also even if the defender blocks the hit with bossk they still get a poison counter on them.

8 minutes ago, qwertyuiop said:

Bossk is a dork, but he's a bounty hunter. He's a dangling carrot for the bounty hunter prize we all want; 4LOM and Zuckuss. 

I'm torn on the shoretroopers.

30fxtd.jpg

I've never been a fan of any of the bounty hunters; I only picked up Boba because i figured he'd be a fun painting challenge.  For the shoretroopers, I'm much the same as you, though if what has been leaked/suggested on here, the mortar is going to be a lot less interesting than I had hoped.