Sign in to follow this  
WillisRBC

Vehicle: Open

So, say you're ferrying Vader around in your shiny new tank.  Can he toss his lightsaber or choke passers-by while he's riding across the field?  I'm still really new to the game and am trying to get a handle on the rules.

no.

"While a unit is being transported, it cannot perform any actions except for the disembark action."

(pg 57)

Transport X: Open means only that units being transported can be wounded by attacks against the vehicle, if the vehicle suffers wounds.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

On 5/3/2019 at 10:36 PM, WillisRBC said:

So, say you're ferrying Vader around in your shiny new tank.  Can he toss his lightsaber or choke passers-by while he's riding across the field?  I'm still really new to the game and am trying to get a handle on the rules.

I love the idea of a weird Imperial parade where Vader, instead of tossing out candy to the kiddies, throws his lightsaber and force chokes people.

4 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

E-web on an assault tank?!

The transport x: open/closed keyword allows a vehicle to transport friendly trooper units. Eligible units can perform an embark move to be transported by a vehicle with the transport x keyword. RR, p. 57.

An emplacement trooper is a type of unit. It is a subtype of the trooper unit type. RR, p. 32.

Yes you can.