Sign in to follow this  
Terefang

New Weapon/Attack Quality -- Savage

Savage (Active)

If trigger by a [T], the target is subject to the "Bleeding Out" Condition of the Critical Result Table.

Wolverines Claws ? etc etc

what do you think ?

Rather than telling them to go to another place in the CRB (a rule that essentially references another rule), go ahead make the description the "Bleeding out" condition. Then decide if it also counts as a critical injury. If it does, it is probably too powerful for a single threat.

40 minutes ago, Terefang said:

Savage (Active)

If trigger by a [T], the target is subject to the "Bleeding Out" Condition of the Critical Result Table.

Wolverines Claws ? etc etc

what do you think ?

No. Much better IMO to just add several ranks of Vicious and leave a random element in.

7 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

No. Much better IMO to just add several ranks of Vicious and leave a random element in.

This. There is no reason to force a specific Critical Injury on someone. A low crit and high Vicious ratings do just fine. Besides, your idea completely bypasses the normal rules for wounds, Critical Injuries and the potential for death. It sounds like you want a one-hit-win button. Which Genesys isn't about…unless you're hitting minions, in which case Critical Injuries don't really matter,

As worded it is indeed way to strong. Since you let them crit with a very high results and activate a weapon quality. 

What did you want to achieve with savage? Was it a kinda bleed effect? 

This could be acheived via the burn effect but substitute the atletics roll for resilience or medicine or something Else similar. 

hello respondees

yes i know that Vicious is supposed to handle critical effects -- but i want to create something like slashing bloody wounds regardless of critical wounds.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Archellus said:

This could be acheived via the burn effect but substitute the atletics roll for resilience or medicine or something Else similar. 

good idea

but burn stops after rating number of rounds where bleeding does not

hmm ... should have created a slashing/bleeding quality instead ?

Edited by Terefang

Perhaps create a Burn (bleed) condition with a duration equal to the wielder's Brawn rating, or weapon skill rating. Even still, I wouldn't make that a standard weapon quality.. that is more of an enchantment, attachment, or a super power ability, rather than something to which anyone should have access.

3 hours ago, Terefang said:

good idea

but burn stops after rating number of rounds where bleeding does not

hmm ... should have created a slashing/bleeding quality instead ?

Well you could treat it sameway as envorinment effect so suffer wounds equal to rating until target makes a Hard resilience or medicine check. 

Be advised its still more powerfull then standard burn so should be rare or say 3 advantages or triumph to tigger. 

You might want to throw in something like : savage weapons are tricky to wield and if a player rolls despair they cut themselves and suffer same effect

This seems very similar in scope to the Disruptor Pistol/Rifle in Star Wars, where it can never deal less than a certain level of crit. Except Disruptor Pistols/Rifles in Star Wars also have the vicious quality.

Posted (edited)

new start:

Savage (Active, Attack Quality)

If triggered by a [T], the target is suffering from Bleeding causing one wound per rating per round until the wound is being healed.

Healing/Resilience checks are made with a difficulty equal to the rating.

A successful check reduces bleeding by 1 wound per round.

You may spend [AA] to reduce bleeding by 1 wound per round.  You may spend [AA] more than once.

You may spend [T] to stop bleeding completely.

You may spend [D] to accelerate bleeding by 2 wound per round.

me thinks that covers Wolverines Claws or Vorpal Swords better than the Vicious Quality.

Edited by Terefang

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:38 PM, Terefang said:

new start:

Savage (Active, Attack Quality)

If triggered by a [T], the target is suffering from Bleeding causing one wound per rating per round until the wound is being healed.

Healing/Resilience checks are made with a difficulty equal to the rating.

A successful check reduces bleeding by 1 wound per round.

You may spend [AA] to reduce bleeding by 1 wound per round.  You may spend [AA] more than once.

You may spend [T] to stop bleeding completely.

You may spend [D] to accelerate bleeding by 2 wound per round.

me thinks that covers Wolverines Claws or Vorpal Swords better than the Vicious Quality.

This seems like one of the more complicated quality and ongoing status effects in Genesys. It is functionally like giving specific, powerful critical injury in addition to also being able to cause other critical injuries.  This would be compared to the Burn effect or poisoned attacks. There is a weapon attachment in Realms of Terrinoth that covers the original Bleeding Out only approach. Page 106.

"When this weapon inflicts a Critical Injury, it inflicts the Bleeding Out Critical Injury instead of one determined through rolling for the result."

While causing a very powerful critical injury, this can only cause that one. This makes subsequent critical injuries redundant, which balances the effect. Adding a more involved version of a powerful critical injury as a guaranteed effect, granted sufficient rolls, while also allowing other critical injuries doesn't seem like fun for the players or the gm to track or experience. I understand the desire to recreate a beloved object, setting, or person from another media. However, converting the flavor and not the mechanics is usually the way to go.

7 hours ago, HaphazardNinja said:

There is a weapon attachment in Realms of Terrinoth that covers the original Bleeding Out only approach. Page 106.

"When this weapon inflicts a Critical Injury, it inflicts the Bleeding Out Critical Injury instead of one determined through rolling for the result."

While causing a very powerful critical injury, this can only cause that one. This makes subsequent critical injuries redundant, which balances the effect. Adding a more involved version of a powerful critical injury as a guaranteed effect, granted sufficient rolls, while also allowing other critical injuries doesn't seem like fun for the players or the gm to track or experience. I understand the desire to recreate a beloved object, setting, or person from another media. However, converting the flavor and not the mechanics is usually the way to go.

i didnt think about attachements.

thank you for pointing this one out.

i think this IS the way to go forward.

18 hours ago, Terefang said:

i didnt think about attachements.

thank you for pointing this one out.

i think this IS the way to go forward.

Happy to help. Shoot us the final product so we can enjoy your hard work.