Alzer

A less-Happy-than we'd like but it's still Friday

Happy Friday all. Despite the sad news of Mr. Mayhew leaving us.

My question for you this weekend is: What are you doing to celebrate Revenge of the 6th? (Or  May the 4th if you're a traitor to the Empire)

Spending the 4th (well part of it) watching the (British) Army V Navy Rugby match, played at twickenham but on Sky Sports for those of us who dont have tickets......

My youngest was born May 2nd, so his SW themed birthday party this year will be on May 4th.

I make a custom star wars cake each year for him (wampa arm with bloody stump, sarlacc pit pulling in a toy Boba Fett, Tauntaun with luke and guts spilling out, and this year will be a star destroyer).  I make a pinata each year (death star thats about 2 feet across) that they break with a lightsaber (broom handle painted neon green).  I did a Tie fighter pinata one year, but I prefer the death star ones.  I make pool noodle lightsabers for the kids to beat each other with.  We have a sarlaac toss game (painted bucket to look like a sarlacc pit that they toss hasbro galaxy hero figures into).  There is the stormtrooper shooting gallery (nerf blaster shooting at milk jugs painted up to look like stormtrooper helmets).  We have a pin the hand on luke game.  And the food is all star wars related too.  We have blue milk, Vaderaid, and Dagobah swamp punch.  We coat pretzel rods with colored candy coating in red, blue, and green so they look like lightsabers.  We eat wookiee tracks ice cream.  I make little tie fighters and x-wings out of various food.  I have some han solo in carbonite molds that we make grape jello in...or carbonite jello.  I have star wars ice trays, so even the ice cubes are star wars shaped.  

Not sure if a bloody wampa arm stump is an appropriate cake for a 3 year old's birthday, but I frankly don't care.  I had too much fun coming up with the idea to not make the cake.

I have an Armada event in the neighboring town. Either 3 rounds of 400, or if there aren’t many of us we’ll play 1200s for fun!

Also, I’m introducing the movies one by one to my kids. Each year we watch a “new” one. We’ve watched the original trilogy over the last three years - this year we start on the prequels with Phantom Menace.