MikeEvans

Should Reinforce be buffed?

Maybe some ships with Reinforce need the buff while others don't?

I remember a suggestion here awhile back that ships with 0 agility could get a minor buff while those that have a non-zero agility would remain as-is. I don't remember what the actual change was, though I think it wasn't to just replace it with 1e style. I think we can all agree that we don't want that.

Anyway, the idea would be pilots like Boba Fett would still have the bad version, but maybe ships like the Ghost and Decimator could be more playable.

Do 0 agility ships actually need the help, though?

7 hours ago, Ximatique said:

What if there was an upgrade in the future that could give the reinforcement action to any ship ? Would it be broken ?

The Resistance Transport have a reinforce token with no such action on the pilot cards. So there's a mod, crew, or astromech card coming that grants the action but by gut saws it's limited in number and locked to the Resistance.

8 hours ago, Scum4Life said:

This is a game about dogfighting after all. So increasing the different areas you could reinforce would make it harder to get around, but the direction of reinforce would be revealed so ships roll or boost around it, plus splitting into two group and attacking from both sides is outflying.

Seems like most people are happy with reinforce as is, so I can only hope the large ships go down in points to become competive.

That heavily dilutes choices made at the dial phase and previous turns.

Reinforce covering 180 degrees AND be able to choose between 4 different directions is too broad of a power to be a real choice.

1 hour ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Do 0 agility ships actually need the help, though?

They need a price reduction and that's all. Apparently the Decimator has a playable build now, which is pretty cool, but it's used along Whisper, who is acknowledged to be a very strong ship for the cost already. It probably balances out.

Large ships (other than Han) need a 2-5 point drop across the board. Less for Lambdas, though probably still a little, and definitely more for the YT-2400.

55 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

They need a price reduction and that's all. Apparently the Decimator has a playable build now, which is pretty cool, but it's used along Whisper, who is acknowledged to be a very strong ship for the cost already. It probably balances out.

Large ships (other than Han) need a 2-5 point drop across the board. Less for Lambdas, though probably still a little, and definitely more for the YT-2400.

A forum post doesn't necessarily mean it's that playable. It does look like fun, though.

I agree about points reductions needed. I'd prefer that to changing reinforcement.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

A forum post doesn't necessarily mean it's that playable. It does look like fun, though.

I agree about points reductions needed. I'd prefer that to changing reinforcement.

The guy won a large extended tournament with it and had massive MOV at the end.

But he also believes a cost reduction is in order.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

I think the mechanics for Reinforce are fine as is. It's situational for sure, but it can be effective in the right circumstances.

That said, I also wouldn't be upset if there were some more pilots or upgrades that benefited reinforce (or benefited from it, like Lando crew).

A mod or illicit upgrade with something like:

• "While defending, if you are reinforced and the attacker is in the reinforced arc, you may change one [crit] result to a [hit]"
  • OR "While defending, if you would use a reinforce token to add an [evade], you may instead spend 1 shield and a reinforce token to cancel all [hit] and [crit] results"

would give those who want it access to a stronger reinforce, in exchange for paying a bit more.