Jump to content
VisionVoid

Magnetizing the Occupier?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, VisionVoid said:

Has anyone taken a stab at magnetizing the TX-225 GAVw Occupier? I'm curious to see what anyone has done for this so far.

I’m not 100% on how you’d do this effectively, since the options are two sets of arms and two pindle machine gun options. I opted for gluing the arms into position such that I can slide the guns out to swap them as needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the guns and the boxes, I used the left arm on the gun and the right arm that is sitting along rim of the gunner’s position. Makes him look at the ready. Thought about magnetizing the driver but decided to just glue him in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I did it to the top guns and mount. Also, the pilot and commander plus his arms. @xwing_games on IG for recent pics. WIP. 

My photo file sizes are too big I guess...

 

Got some photos to work. I made another post on page 2. 

Edited by Savate
Photos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, VisionVoid said:

Has anyone taken a stab at magnetizing the TX-225 GAVw Occupier? I'm curious to see what anyone has done for this so far.

If you use opposing magnets on the base and model you could theoretically make it hover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jabby said:

If you use opposing magnets on the base and model you could theoretically make it hover

Id love to know how. sadly, it usually just ends up flinging the model as soon as something is unbalanced. I've wanted floating speeder bikes forever...... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive tossed a strong magnet inside the tank. When I put one of my models (that usually already has a magnet for transport) the magnet inside grabs and holds the model in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jabby said:

If you use opposing magnets on the base and model you could theoretically make it hover

The Occupier wasn't a hover tank, but I'd love to see if someone succeeds at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, crx3800 said:

Id love to know how. sadly, it usually just ends up flinging the model as soon as something is unbalanced. I've wanted floating speeder bikes forever...... :(

Maybe use wires under it in the center to hold it down. If you place the wires under the middle of the model they might pass unseen

Edited by Jabby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stackeffect said:

The Occupier wasn't a hover tank, but I'd love to see if someone succeeds at this.

There was a hover variant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I magnetized both the pindles, the boxes, and the driver dude (mostly for fun). Pics can be found on the SW: Legion FB page, from 4/27.

The boxes attach to the back of the tank - it's a small thing but makes it feel more legit :D 

Edited by Simonsays3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stackeffect said:

Really? Where are those mentioned?

Probably the confusion with Lego making the hover tank for Rouge One(movie tank had treds). The hover variant was added the lore and used it Rebels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stackeffect said:

I knew about the Hover variant from early development that was still released in toy form, but I wasn't aware of a Hover Occupier appearing in Rebels.  

Its the reason that they drive aroung so fething fast in rebels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to try to figure out a way to make the crew magnetized and replaceable by the hatches which would also be magnetized.

Not sure how yet, or even if it’s possible. I’ve had a little hitch in that one of the crew’s heads is just a melted blob, so it’ll slow me down in putting at least one of the crew together (so much for quality control). I’m going to send a message to FF later today to get a replacement.

Anyone know if the heads are unique, or are they just the same head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

I want to try to figure out a way to make the crew magnetized and replaceable by the hatches which would also be magnetized.

Not sure how yet, or even if it’s possible. I’ve had a little hitch in that one of the crew’s heads is just a melted blob, so it’ll slow me down in putting at least one of the crew together (so much for quality control). I’m going to send a message to FF later today to get a replacement.

Anyone know if the heads are unique, or are they just the same head?

Generally when magnetizing smaller things, remember that you often only need a magnet on side, with a appropriately shaped/sized ferromagnetic metal object on the other. Maybe even glueing iron shavings on the surface might work? The good thing with that solution is, that you don't have to worry about polarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stackeffect said:

I knew about the Hover variant from early development that was still released in toy form, but I wasn't aware of a Hover Occupier appearing in Rebels.  

Think about how cool it would have been, if they packed it with both the tracks and repulsor pads as interchangeable parts. The hole for the hover stand would have been covered up by the model for the tracked variant anyway. In that case it should have also come with two different unit cards of course. 

Well I guess here's Rome for some cool conversions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pintle mounted guns are easy... I'm still not sure if I want to put in the effort for the commander/gunner because I can't seem to get a non-awkward pose out of him and (the guns lost a bit of height to accommodate the magnets).

You could always skip the commander/gunner).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

The pintle mounted guns are easy... I'm still not sure if I want to put in the effort for the commander/gunner because I can't seem to get a non-awkward pose out of him and (the guns lost a bit of height to accommodate the magnets).

You could always skip the commander/gunner).

I put the commanders hands down along the rim of the hatch and then pivoted the pintle mount over to the right of the commander and magnetized each gun. There’s no reason the commander *has* to be manning the gun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, FSD said:

I put the commanders hands down along the rim of the hatch and then pivoted the pintle mount over to the right of the commander and magnetized each gun. There’s no reason the commander *has* to be manning the gun. 

"Something something, never drop your weapon, something, something, don't want to get chewed out by the CSM."

 

And it looks cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...