Skitch_

FFG Live Pics 4-30

13 minutes ago, Enigami said:

Electro Proton Bomb isn't faction-locked! Only the K-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher, Andrasta (Firespray), Star Fortress and Hyena can equip it,

Wouldn't both varieties of Y-Wing take it since it has mod and device slots and reload?

2 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

Wouldn't both varieties of Y-Wing take it since it has mod and device slots and reload?

I didn't include them since their reloads are red, don't have the rules on hand so assumed the EPB required white reload. Is that not the case?

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

this thing is smaller than an arc?

that's some clown car bull

What FFG  should have done is made the whole thing medium base and the pod small base, but I'm guessing FFG was more interested in giving the Resistance a small base shuttle and giving it everything they wanted the full shuttle to have.

4 minutes ago, Enigami said:

I didn't include them since their reloads are red, don't have the rules on hand so assumed the EPB required white reload. Is that not the case?

I double checked, it's in the Republic Y-Wing spread so I hope they can take 'em.

9 minutes ago, Enigami said:

According to yasb squad builder ywings can take saturation salvo which has the same restriction as the Electro proton bomb

I gotta admit, I really like the Resistance transport model more than I thought I would.

The transport and pod are going to give the Resistance faction SO many new possibilities.

Has there been any official word yet that you could buy one expansion and be able to fly the pod itself alongside a transport that is missing the pod piece? Casual games should be fine but curious for tournaments.

35 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

What FFG  should have done is made the whole thing medium base and the pod small base, but I'm guessing FFG was more interested in giving the Resistance a small base shuttle and giving it everything they wanted the full shuttle to have.

I mean, the lore says it’s literally the same size as a b-wing. 

24 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

I double checked, it's in the Republic Y-Wing spread so I hope they can take 'em.

19 minutes ago, Xeletor said:

According to yasb squad builder ywings can take saturation salvo which has the same restriction as the Electro proton bomb

I'd forgotten that, that means 6/7 factions can use it then! Also means Scum has access to Genius + EPB, I wonder what can be done with that...

I'm assuming there'll be abilities that interact with the "fused" state of bombs too, otherwise they could've just used charge tokens like how Autopilot Drone works.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Enigami said:

Electro Proton Bomb isn't faction-locked! Only the K-Wing, TIE Bomber, TIE Punisher, Andrasta (Firespray), Star Fortress and Hyena can equip it, but that still leaves 5/7 factions capable of deploying it. Considering the fuse making it very avoidable, the inability to inflict lethal damage, and the cost of a Device & Mod slot just to equip it, I really hope it isn't expensive, unless it's meant for Epic only.

Scum, Rebels & Empire seem like the best alternative factions for it. Sabine K-Wing, Skilled Bombardier Deathfire, Tragedy Simulator Punisher or Andrasta Emon with Nym all look like fun homes for the EPB. EPB Boba(Crew) Andrasta + Nym in Epic is what I'm most looking forward to, you deploy Andrasta somewhere past the middle of the board and drop the EPB, have Nym hold it there, and now the opponent has a big fat disruptive bomb sitting right in their flight path.

You forgot Scum and Rebel Y-Wings. It has a red reload action just like the Hyena and BTL-B Y-Wing (which come with the device) and the TIE Bomber (please tell me that you haven't playing the TIE/sa's Reload as white)... Any action on an Action Bar counts towards an upgrade's requirements regardless of difficulty except those that only appear on the Action Bar as the second portion of a linked action pairing (IE the TIE/sf's x>Rotate does not permit Vet Tur Gunner to ne taken).

Edited by Hiemfire

Man.... they are making it hard to say no to the droids with even more shenanigans.

liking that emp. A lot.

Sigh.... maybe I will end up giving in to a prequel faction. 

Also, Resistance transport looks good as a coordinate platform or maybe a weapons platform. Not sold on the single pod format of it.

9 minutes ago, HelHound said:

Any chance we can get the other pics into this thread? I only have mobile devices and I can’t read the cards. We need the Resistance pod by itself, the new bomb, and the other Republic droid pics. Thank you! 

I've added them to the Infinite Arenas Card Browser, which I'll just mention makes it easier to add the images to threads:

rose-tico.png

dbs-404.png

electro-proton-bomb.png

electro-proton-bomb-insert.png

fuse-marker-rules.png

plasma-torpedoes.png

Oh and one that has been translated from the original French leak:

passive-sensors.jpg

Did that cover everything you were hoping to see? There are a few more...

Posted (edited)

Thanks @J1mBob and @Hiemfire for the pics. Hiemfire, the resolution in my phone was bad so I assumed GA-97 was an astromech (should have guessed otherwise since it’s in the transport spread). That bomb looks nasty against swarms! 

Edit: Bomb not bomber 😊

Edited by HelHound

9 minutes ago, HelHound said:

the resolution in my phone was bad so I assumed GA-97 was an astromech

To be fair the Resistance transport has an Astromech slot so that was definitely in the realm of possibility.

Padme is going to be disgusting, imo. Put Juke on her to really bolster her offense (as well as the offense of the other N-1s).

She's going to combo with Luminara so well too. Luminara turning a hit to a focus and then Padme making it so that that focus might not be moddable? Big oof there.

Also, it says you may modify only 1 focus result. So, that's obvious for focus tokens; spending 1 focus token will only allow you to mod 1 eyeball. But, theoretically, let's say you roll 2 eyeballs: would you be able to spend the focus for 1 and an evade for the other? I'm inclined to say no, which makes Padme a really nice ace hunter, I think.

Further, let's say you focus out on a double modded attack roll. So, you can only spend the focus for 1 eyeball. But, would Padme stop you from rerolling the remaining focus results because you'd technically be modding the remaining eyeballs?

She might be ridiculously more powerful than what's obvious.

7 hours ago, Frimmel said:

From a fluff perspective isn't the initiative a bit high on Padme? 

One reason for the "it's initiative now not pilot skill" is so that Init levels aren't purely rankings of everyone's skills as a pilot.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, J1mBob said:

passive-sensors.jpg

Did that cover everything you were hoping to see? There are a few more...

Well ****

If those sensors are legit, it's a game changer for low I ordnance

Problem is finding any good platform that isn't the nuboat 

If it comes on the Hyena, Kraken's gonna get real cute 

Edited by ficklegreendice