MidWestScrub

[Blog] The Brilliance of the "Hatchet Man".

Posted (edited)

I seriously disagree with a particular point of the article:

Palpatine sitting with a pale buttcheek in each crew slot

His wiry old *** is not enough to spread that far across two seats (case in point, he squeezes into an advanced reconnaissance craft's copilot seat). You're thinking of Jabba the Butt. Now Palp takes up that much space so that he can surround himself with cool looking guards and some weird-looking courtiers so he can fulfill the evil galactic emperor fantasy to its fullest. As for Snoke, judging by the art depicted, he either wasted an entire seat for his projector or demanded that both seats be removed for a tower of a chair.

Edited by player3010587

When I was trying out Vynder in early 1e, I was trying to use him as a flanker, so went with Lone Wolf (which foreclosed on Coordinate support), and I hadn't thought of Advanced Proton Torpedo, but otherwise pretty similar.  He didn't feel bad to me, just not good enough.  This build with a few small changes makes a lot more sense to me.  APT covering close range with massive firepower seems very good.  Bringing support (Jendon ability, Palp force, Lambda Coordinate) also makes sense.

I was using Vynder quite a bit before the jan/feb points change with Vader and Redline. I knew as soon as Redline was out of play, Vynder should get his day in the sun as the imperial power puncher. Vynder is a beast for anything moving before him. Nice to see the major get the win.