WillisRBC

E-Web Conversions

Has anyone seen any conversions of the e-web blaster team to use normal storm troopers instead of snow troopers?  I don't wants snow troopers all the time.  One of the things that I'm iffy on about getting started with the game is the fact that troopers are released that are specialized climate troopers, and if I'm playing in a different climate it doesn't make sense.  My brain has trouble dealing with it.  

I did one with Scout troopers since I have tons of extra scouts. Due to the range 2 vs Range 4 on their guns I can't imagine ever running the larger group.

I don't think you need all of the HH-12 rocket launcher figures, so swapping arms with them might work as well.

15 hours ago, WillisRBC said:

One of the things that I'm iffy on about getting started with the game is the fact that troopers are released that are specialized climate troopers, and if I'm playing in a different climate it doesn't make sense.

Here we go again...😄

Well, I too like E-Webs and dislike Snowtroopers, so I've toyed with a few options.  My first attempt was to simply repaint the snows as mudtroopers.  That was marginally successful, though I wish I had the helmet conversions that are now available.  My second attempt was to kit bash some spare stormtroopers on.  Again, somewhat successful.  My last attempt was to simply buy a team from Skullforge, and that was arguably the easiest.  Any of these options work, IMO, and it's up to you how you want to handle it. 

20190430_080614

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Staelwulf said:

Here we go again...😄

Maybe once Shoretroopers come out people will start converting those to build their themed forces? 

At the moment I'm weighing up making an entire Rebel force using converted Fleet Troopers (although this could end up costing a lot 😛

Edited by FearofaBlankPlanet

10 hours ago, Themodalnodes said:

Chopped up some stormies for this set. Really happy with how it came out. Would recommend giving a try!

Not one to bash your amazing painting skills, next to you I paint like a one armed man that lost his main arm, and has the shakes, but why didn't you paint the black stripe above the eyes?

It always looks weird to me when I don't see the helmet bar painted, and it's not the first time I've seen Legion Stormies without it.