Jump to content
Emilius

Different cards with the new reprint?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It seems that with the new reprint, some cards have been modified.

See below  the example for  LEGACY OF DURIN”.

It also seems that the modified cards will be inserted in the next faqs.

Do you have any news regarding this changed cards?  Do you know if there are other cards that have been modified during reprinting?

457A8FDD-15CD-46DA-87EA-99438CB13B29.jpeg

Edited by Emilius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I can't recall another time when errata'ed reprints arrived before the FAQ was updated to include the errata—has it ever happened before?

Edited by sappidus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not sure why they are doing it in 2019. Not many players use dwarves swarm nowadays,  no new card combo arrived to require to nerf this cards after so many years ( like silvan did for horn of gondor) and the card did not lead to game breaking chain. 

Granted, it was OP. No discussion there. But still hard to understand the nerf since it is not more powerful that new brand hero who has no limit to his ability.

Edited by Halberto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Halberto said:

Not sure why they are doing it in 2019. Not many players use dwarves swarm nowadays,  no new card combo arrived to require to nerf this cards after so many years ( like silvan did for horn of gondor) and the card did not lead to game breaking chain. 

Granted, it was OP. No discussion there. But still hard to understand the nerf since it is not more powerful that new brand hero who has no limit to his ability.

My guess is we're getting some more Dwarf cards in this upcoming cycle that would have broken LoD. A preemptive errata of sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer they complete the  full development  of archetypes left midway: eagle/creatures, hobbit, woodman ( we miss a couple of allies and attachments there. Why did we not get an Woodman Axe giving +1 attack boosted to +2 when active location has an attachment?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The post-errata Legacy of Durin is still a usable card, good enough even to be a staple in dwarf decks.  At the heart of every broken combo deck has been resource generation and card draw, and fixing that by requiring exhaustion is a much better solution (preserving the common case) than changing the way the card works entirely (poor Horn of Gondor).

BUT I do NOT expect any new dwarf-related cards in the next cycle (or beyond) to have *required* this errata.  A dwarf that can effectively infinitely be returned to hand and played again for free will not be released.  This looks to be a power-related nerf, weakening dwarf decks (though not as badly as the WANI nerf did) to make it the card they wished they had released in the first place -- at the cost of affecting the utility of hundreds of published decks and weakening the first "power deck" a progression player can make.  I don't like that, and I fear what other nerfing errata is lurking when the next FAQ comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dalestephenson said:

This looks to be a power-related nerf, weakening dwarf decks (though not as badly as the WANI nerf did) to make it the card they wished they had released in the first place -- at the cost of affecting the utility of hundreds of published decks and weakening the first "power deck" a progression player can make.  I don't like that, and I fear what other nerfing errata is lurking when the next FAQ comes out.

Yeah. Especially if you consider that the encounter decks have been playtested against the non-errataed cards, and so the power of the encounter deck is tailored to decks with those cards available. Thus, if they are not careful, nerfing cards like this can make the game harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Seosaidh said:

Yeah. Especially if you consider that the encounter decks have been playtested against the non-errataed cards, and so the power of the encounter deck is tailored to decks with those cards available. Thus, if they are not careful, nerfing cards like this can make the game harder.

It's quite reasonalbe for players playing progession stile to play erratas progession stile too. At the end if you played quest when released with only cards available at the moment you would have played these cards as orginally designed. 

Think if they errata stewars of gondor. It would improve the general status of the game now in 2019 but would make almost unbeatable cycle 3 quests designed back then with a difficulty creep considering players where using steward of gondor.

But let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dalestephenson said:

Bear in mind that new players playing progression style *now* are the same people who are going to pick up those Dwarrowdelf reprints and get the "fixed" Hama and Legacy of Durin, never seeing the pre-errata versions.

You are right here. They might use the FAQ to backtrack changes but it would be more things to keep in mind in a game already quite complex in that regard. 

 

Make me think I might come back to core set and role-playing all quest progession stile with modern erratas just to see how much difference I will find in game difficulty and deckbuilding approach...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dalestephenson said:

Bear in mind that new players playing progression style *now* are the same people who are going to pick up those Dwarrowdelf reprints and get the "fixed" Hama and Legacy of Durin, never seeing the pre-errata versions.

As someone who was able to play through the Dwarrowdelf progression style for the first time thanks to the recent reprints, I'll say that I found both cards to be excellent.

Hama/Feint is *still* great in Shadow and Flame, even though both of those cards have been nerfed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While ABB's lack of exhaustion made it a far more powerful card, and certainly a staple for any heroic defender with lore -- there's absolutely no way that ABB could create a "broken" situation requiring errata.  Are there any *positive* errata?  I understand errata has a cost, but surely the cost is higher to nerf widely-used card than to enhance widely-ignored cards.

A Burning Brand is in over *9000* decks at ringsdb -- all are now worse, sometimes significantly worse, than they were pre-errata.  Is Steward of Gondor next?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Emilius said:

Also A Burning Brand is changed!

23A465FE-08DE-4A4D-9954-1C7321071E46.jpeg

Glad I beat Battle of Carn Dum a few months ago... don't think I could have beaten it with this errata in effect. And no, I'm not going back to try again with this nerf. 

Edited by TwiceBorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwiceBorn said:

Glad I beat Battle of Carn Dum a few months ago, before this came into effect... don't think I could have beaten it with this errata in effect. And no, I'm not going back to try again with this nerf to ABB.

It's essential to Carn Dum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny I constantly have about eight decks built and I run exactly zero copies of a Burning Brand between them. Always seemed a wrong design compared to the othe shadow cancellation but I also don’t use Lore defenders repeatedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...