Sign in to follow this  
azeronbloodmoone

looking for custom design minature

You didn't really say anything.   

Are you looking for and STL or OBJ format?  Do you want it printed?   Is it a liscenced character or your own creation?   If printed do you want multiple pieces?   There is a distinct lack of information, without which it is hard to recommend anything.  

Contact artists you like on shapeways, or deviant art.   Ask around on reddit.   

Try Heroforge.com to make it yourself.   

Being involved in the arts, I've found that not offering to pay upfront implies wanting it for free.   

4 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Are you looking for and STL or OBJ format?  Do you want it printed?   Is it a liscenced character or your own creation?   If printed do you want multiple pieces?   There is a distinct lack of information, without which it is hard to recommend anything.  

Being involved in the arts, I've found that not offering to pay upfront implies wanting it for free.   

Nothing op said in anyway indicate they wanted free stuff.  They just asked for recommendations you assumed they wanted free stuff and acted poorly.  There was no need to be so aggressively hostile

10 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Related image

Image result for fallacy refs

Image result for fallacy refs

Are you looking for someone to make an existing SW character like the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels? If so Mel's miniatures is working on several and open to suggestions. You would have to talk to them to see if they are willing to do a commision, but they are at least listening to suggestions. 

Other than that, just cruise thingverse and shapeways and ask around. I have no idea what a 3d commission would cost though, we are talking substantial man hours and skilled labor.

what i'm looking for is i have a character from SWTOR that i want to make into a mini. i have played the same character since launch and it has a look i want for my army.  i can provide pictures of both the weapon he use (yes i use the same style of weapon for years also) and the outfit.

Just want to offer an apology for being so acerbic.   

I’ve seen too many artist’s nearly die from exposure.   What I mean is that they work incredibly hard to produce something and be expected to sell it for a pittance at best, or to do it for free - there comes the exposure.   Exposure doesn't feed you or pay rent.   

Now, as to the cost of a commission, it is going to be based on how long it takes, and how detailed.   Just doing a digital sculpt can take a while, at least several hours if highly skilled, but making suitable for printing is another matter.   I would say a minimum if 3-4 hours.   Now, Personally I would charge about $20 an hour - this is in Canadian funds, by the way, so you would be looking to spend around $80 to get a digital sculpt that you can print at home.   This is, of course, doing it from scratch.   

I don't lowball, prices, no artist should.   

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 3:20 PM, That Blasted Samophlange said:

...  Now, Personally I would charge about $20 an hour - this is in Canadian funds, by the way, so you would be looking to spend around $80 to get a digital sculpt that you can print at home.   This is, of course, doing it from scratch.   

I don't lowball, prices, no artist should.   

Oh, wow. You're down right affordable! Hire this guy! 

Personally, I don't do commission work for less than 30$/hour American. And even that never generated enough revenue for me to drop my day job. 

Artists are pricey, for good reason. 

14 minutes ago, Albertese said:

Oh, wow. You're down right affordable! Hire this guy! 

Personally, I don't do commission work for less than 30$/hour American. And even that never generated enough revenue for me to drop my day job. 

Artists are pricey, for good reason. 

It is a difficult thing to set prices.  The above example was based on what would be the supposed living wage of $15 an hour here in Ontario.    

Quick question; what mediums are you using?   Are you referring to digital sculpting? Or more traditional work?  The reason I ask is the use of materials would increase the cost of a commission as well.

14 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Quick question; what mediums are you using?   Are you referring to digital sculpting? Or more traditional work?  The reason I ask is the use of materials would increase the cost of a commission as well.

Oh, I'm old school in every way.  I've looked at stuff like zBrush and other 3d software but it's just not for me.

Mostly I've done 2d-media work actually, drawing/painting illustration type stuff. But I have done miniatures also, though always traditional sculpture and/or lost wax technique for custom metal figures. Always just a side hussle, though. Like I said, it doesn't pay the bills.