Sign in to follow this  
Herr Style

Deploying your Raddus ship

When the first ship is ready for deployment with the Raddus special rule, once the ship has been placed on the table with all four of its base legs touching the table, can measuring still continue and the ship then be moved about to get the optimum position?

33 minutes ago, Cleto0 said:

No.This question has been previously answered on another thread and by the Worlds judge

Thanks for the answer, couldn’t find anything about it when I did my ( obviously  pathetic and lacklustre) search lol.

1 hour ago, Cleto0 said:

No.This question has been previously answered on another thread and by the Worlds judge

It's possible I missed it, but I haven't seen @i2xCross rule this.  I've seen him say you can't pre-measure using the ship's base before deciding whether or not to trigger Raddus, but that you can't use the ship's base to determine deployment location?  Eeehhhhh... how would you even enforce that...?

Posted (edited)

The only thing we have in regards to placement anywhere in rules, faqs or statements is, effectively, that Squad Placement goes under "Chess" rules...  IE, you can reposition as long as you havn't taken your hand off it...  Once you've placed, that's final.  (In regards to any iteration of the one-tool rule).  Its not entirely untoward to consider extending the context of said rule to the Raddus Placement.

Really, its again, in lieu of an actual ruling, best to self-impose.  Ask yourself "what is most fair to my opponent" and do that.  That way, you'll never be accused of doing anything untoward. 

But if someone is looking for an actual hardcore, detailed, explicit, step-by-step procedure on how to deploy a Raddus ship.  That's not in extistance at this time.

Edited by Drasnighta

Posted (edited)

We had this discussion last month, after it came up at Worlds.

The ruling then (as I understand it) was that you can only use the ship base to measure things on the table after declaring that you are deploying it. I don't think we've had a clear judge rule on how exactly you go about measuring with it once you have declared the drop. The rules aren't clear, and some interpretations would make deploying ships normally a bit weird.

If you're worried about it check with your opponent, or TO, before the game starts. Better to have the discussion then than after you've casually made one corner of the ship base touch the table when deploying it.

Edit: The "chess rule" approach to Raddus come from a Top 4 Worlds 2018 decision, based on the squadron-placement rule. So about as official as an unofficial ruling can get.

Edited by Grumbleduke