Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cubanboy

Droid Droid Droid

Recommended Posts

Definately looking forward to a new (hopefully) core set for Clone wars. My son is into Armada (+ X wing), and I wanted to get him his own set, but couldn't see the reason to have a third VSD and a fourth Nebulon. For me, is coming out at about the right time as I still need to get a few more Imperial and Rebel ships for my collection.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see what they do with them and how they make them stand out. The key items for both the Rebels and Empire aside from a few ship differences, are the officers and admirals. It'll be interesting to see who we get.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely looking forward to CW. Not a big fan of the new trilogy so far beside it has not that much to offer...

44 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

I keep saying it but I hope some of the CW stuff is cross faction. Existing faction players get new stuff, new players get new stuff & FFG sells more models. Everyone happy.

Hope the ships won‘t be cross faction as I don‘t see a need for that but for sure many of the upgrade cards will be usefull for all factions. 

I would prefer to see 1-2 new game mechanics which might get already implemented with the two new sozeable ships coming...?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M0N0LITH said:

Definitely looking forward to CW. Not a big fan of the new trilogy so far beside it has not that much to offer...

Hope the ships won‘t be cross faction as I don‘t see a need for that but for sure many of the upgrade cards will be usefull for all factions. 

I would prefer to see 1-2 new game mechanics which might get already implemented with the two new sozeable ships coming...?!?

I definitely see the need for an imperial Acclamator 😁. I don’t want everything cross faction- only ships - and not all of those. Just things that work with the mythology ie: the aforementioned Acclamators etc.

And it’s good marketing. Why sell 1 Acclamator to a Republic faction player when you can sell another to an imperial faction player like me as well 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cubanboy said:

Happy Friday you crazy muggles. 

This week I want to ask if you are happy with the selection of prequel stuff for Armada which is coming next or would you have preferred Scum, First Order and Resistance?

 

or are you just happy for new and exciting goodness?

ALL OF THE FACTIONS!!!

X-wing at 7 (I have ship from all, but not every ships)

Armada "soon" to be 4 factions.

KEEP IT COMING FFG! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of implementing the Clone Wars. Lots of good stuff to put on the table there. It also indicates that Armada is NOT dead, and has a long and bright future, which is great. I'll happily keep giving part of the family income to FFG :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Norell said:

I love the idea of implementing the Clone Wars. Lots of good stuff to put on the table there. It also indicates that Armada is NOT dead, and has a long and bright future, which is great. I'll happily keep giving part of the family income to FFG :)

Agreed 👍🏻 I just hope they do it in a way that does not neglect existing players, particularly those who may not have the income to splash out on more than a single faction (or just don’t want to for that matter).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

Agreed 👍🏻 I just hope they do it in a way that does not neglect existing players, particularly those who may not have the income to splash out on more than a single faction (or just don’t want to for that matter).

I'm not worried about Imperial and Rebel neglect.  They will do what they said they are doing with X-wing.  Most new stuff will be Clone Wars stuff until the new factions are caught up to the existing factions.  They said at a QandA that the split will be around 80% new factions and 20% old factions until the new factions are caught up. Honestly the Imperial and Rebel factions are pretty well rounded at the moment.  I want more ships and we will get more ships but it will probably be a couple years till things even out. And if clone wars does well, guess what.... Resistance and first order will happen at some point.  The fact that clone wars is happening means they plan to expand armada for us long as they can and will put effort into it.  I think it still may be on a slower release schedule than legion and xwing but they see value in the game and they still see it as profitable.

 

Very exited for Armadas future.... Even if I'm chomping at the bit to get new plastic on the table. I think I'll bring the SSD to bed as a body pillow, just to get a reaction out of my wife. Hahahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I am 11/10 hyped for clone wars across the board. Legion and Armada. I will say, as usual, I can't wait for First Order stuff. I love the aesthetic...

It would be doable, to make Sequel factions.

Not a huge variety in ships on screen, but I'm sure there are some in obscure comics, novels and computer games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kylemcph240 said:

I think the Clone wars was the right era for new armada content. In my opinion there have not been enough ships for sequel trilogy yet. 

Also, CW has Clones and Jedi, Droids and Sith.

Sequels have SuperLeia (TM).

The coolness isn't on the same scale even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Green Knight said:

Also, CW has Clones and Jedi, Droids and Sith.

Sequels have SuperLeia (TM).

The coolness isn't on the same scale even.

Well I have to say, I actually prefer the resurgent over the imperial star destroyers. aside from that sequel doesn't really have anything worth it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kylemcph240 said:

Well I have to say, I actually prefer the resurgent over the imperial star destroyers. aside from that sequel doesn't really have anything worth it

Yeah... they lack the dumb superhigh superstructure of the ISD, which makes the ISD seem.... not so hot (never thought I'd say this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Yeah... they lack the dumb superhigh superstructure of the ISD, which makes the ISD seem.... not so hot (never thought I'd say this)

I’ve been at odds with the ISD design for so long. It is so poorly designed at every single level. The shield generators are giant “please shoot me” balls on the painfully exposed bridge. The big guns block each other trying to point all guns forward. The only way to bring all the main weapons to bear is to tilt the ship nose down, so you present the biggest possible target AND offer up the shield generators AND bridge as the easiest possible features to shoot first. The **** main reactor is exposed on the belly, which has none of the real big guns protecting it. Ugh. The design is an abysmal engineering failure.

 

But it looks so fricken cool and it was what I saw in the movies growing up, so I still love it in spite of that. 

 

Back to topic:

Clone Wars content was the only good choice to keep Armada moving forward for a long time. I also loved the CW TV show, so a lot of my most liked characters will be coming to the tabletop now. So I say yes, I’m happy they chose this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Also, CW has Clones and Jedi, Droids and Sith.

Sequels have SuperLeia (TM).

The coolness isn't on the same scale even.

It's all a matter of opinion here. I prefer the new-age designs behind the super-sleek Resurgent, and the unconventional shapes of the Nebulon-C, Resistance Bombers, Mandator IV and Kylo Ren's shuttle. I'm chomping at the bit for the Maxima-A cruiser to get depicted in this game. I can wait decades for any of the Clone Wars designs.

I'd much rather prefer sleek, crisp, efficient designs and harsh angles of the First Order over the cartoonish designs of the prequels. Hands down I'd trade a Venator for a Resurgent in a heartbeat, and fly First Order gear over the garish Republic.

So lets get Clone Wars out of the way so we can move on to the more interesting stuff. By then IX will be out and Resistance will have run for a few seasons, giving Sequel fans a boatload of new stuff to look forward to, after the last chapter of the clone wars has finally closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I like the Clone Wars for Armada, let us just put aside the question of the quality of the prequel movies. But still we will get more iconic ship models like Venator, Acclamator, Recusant and Providence, maybe Lucrehulk as huge ship? You can fill in CR90 with BLUE STRIPES (Do we need CR90 models with blue stripes over those with red ones? ****, yeah!), Arquitens with red, other MC ships from the Quarrens (the other native species from Dac, home of the Mon Calamari, that sided with the separatists). I don‘t regret Rebels and Imperials coming to an end (at least my wallet doesn‘t), more ships would have come from more obscure sources than the AFMKII. Droid Squadrons could be different and fun like they try in X-Wing. So what is not to like about the upcoming line? I really don‘t get the desire of so many to give FFG all their money as fast and often as they can. I wasted enough on the Star Wars LCG. Armada is perfect right now.

Edited by KaLeu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Norsehound said:

It's all a matter of opinion here. I prefer the new-age designs behind the super-sleek Resurgent, and the unconventional shapes of the Nebulon-C, Resistance Bombers, Mandator IV and Kylo Ren's shuttle. I'm chomping at the bit for the Maxima-A cruiser to get depicted in this game. I can wait decades for any of the Clone Wars designs.

I'd much rather prefer sleek, crisp, efficient designs and harsh angles of the First Order over the cartoonish designs of the prequels. Hands down I'd trade a Venator for a Resurgent in a heartbeat, and fly First Order gear over the garish Republic.

So lets get Clone Wars out of the way so we can move on to the more interesting stuff. By then IX will be out and Resistance will have run for a few seasons, giving Sequel fans a boatload of new stuff to look forward to, after the last chapter of the clone wars has finally closed.

The Resurgent is a cool design. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of much else so far yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 3:59 AM, miridor said:

honestly prefer the prequel stuff for Armada than the others. I like the idea of a Scum force but don't see how it would fit.

But over all, just happy for Armada goodness!!!

Pretty much summed up my feelings. Although I like the thematic idea of scum/pirate/third party factions, I think they work best as auxiliary fleets or in 200-250 pts skirmish battles. The prequel era is probably the best bet for fully-fledged new factions at this moment in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...