Clutterbuck

What do you think the Nantex will cost?

How many squad points do you think the Nantex will cost?

- It has a mobile arc 

- That Mobile arc only shoots 2 reds

- It has a fixed arc to shoot 3

- That fixed arc is only the bullseye

- It can only focus and evade

- It also can tractor itself to rotate and pseudo-boost or barrel roll

- The dial is pretty nice

Comparable - maybe a HWK with Moldy Crow?  But that HWK gets a full front arc and it gets to keep focus tokens.  The cheapest HWK w/ Moldy Crow is 51 points for I2 (for the rebels at least).  That also has seen next to no play since the Crow was raised up 6 points.  

Over or under 40 points for the base Nantex?  What do you think?

It has the same statline as a Fang Fighter, but its reposition is more complicated and can leave them with one less agility. Without a ship ability, the should cost less.

So probably under 40 points, although the generic has a higher pilot skill than a Zealous Recruit.

Definitely under 40. It’s a 3 agility, 4 Hull, 2 attack ship with a bonus die in bullseye. And it’s only reposition comes at the expense of one agility die.

Its also for a turret.

i mean this thing is appropriately weird. And ensnare is fascinating. It’s got all kinds of weird shenanigans going. How much do space rugs pay for their tractor ability? That’s how much these will pay for ensnare over raw stats.

I really think these come base at maybe 36 points? 40 seems too high. The lack of boost and barrel roll without losing agility is a bigger hit. Plus it also can’t turn 45° on its boost, a bit insignificant hit. Plus the lack of true 3 dice primary (though mobile 2 dice probably compensates?) seems more than 4 points of discount.

Posted (edited)

Being that you can pass off a tractor token at the end of activation to any ship 0-1 in that arc with Ensnare, it's going to make it punch quite a bit harder than the 2 die attack appears when in close quarters with that -1 defense die.

Edited by kris40k

4 minutes ago, kris40k said:

Being that you can pass off a tractor token at the end of activation to any ship 0-1 in that arc with Ensnare, it's going to make it punch quite a bit harder than the 2 die attack appears when in close quarters with that -1 defense die.

^ This is why I'm thinking the I4 + Ensnare should be 51 minimum. Unkar's judo dodge at range 0-1 on an interceptor with a mobile arc is going to be mean. The added agency to get a target into its bullseye as well. I3 + Ensnare 46-47. Though that is if the generics get talent slots. Base bare on them I'm thinking I3=40-41, I4=45.

1 hour ago, kris40k said:

Ensnare is an additional expense, though... could be 7, 8+ points over the baseline.

For a naked generic, you're probably looking at somewhere in the 28-30 range. It's slightly more durable than a TIE, and has a mobile arc that it can only move by tractoring itself.

Sun Fac will probably be in the 50-point range, as he appears to have bonuses for shooting tractored targets, and Ensnare will be a no-brainer for him at IN6.

Sun Fac will be a riot and very interesting at I6 and will be quite a ship I'm wagering; the others? Not so much. I think he'll be in the mid 50's; the others should start at 30 at the bottom and roll up, but Sun Fac will be kinda pricey for the stat line, but his shinanagans will make him very usable I think.

Plus, think of the fun ways to abuse his name, haha. That's gotta be worth something.

Don't forget: no bank "boosting" without afterburners. But that's complicated considering tractoring yourself into clouds, tractoring opponents, and the fluctuating agility and attack values on a ship with no native shields or lock. My guess is slightly less than a fang, but difficult to master and hastily declaring it DOA, watch a European (probably either Rasta or OldPara) do weird and epic things with it, and then watch the US and Canada lose our salty marbles over why it's busted and needs an increase in cost. But for 6 months, the only increase is the cost sharks are willing to shell for it due to stock unavailability. The sky isn't falling now, but who is to say that it won't?

Now where's my Amp?

Posted (edited)

Fang prices, or a little less.  it's not as good, but the extra firing positions from the turret are.

Or to put it another way, as long as I can get Sun Fac in alongside Maul and Greivous, I don't especially care.

Edited by thespaceinvader

6 hours ago, Ikka said:

Middling-30s should be good for a start on the generics. Ensnare...have no real idea what they'll think of charging for that.

This. I'd anticipate it looking very much like a TIE Interceptor or Striker in cost. The 'elites' and the ability to pack ensnare is going to make a big difference, but I'd anticipate Sun Fac being roughly Soontir money - both are initiative 6 aces who should be able to outfly opponents with ease but are criticly dependent on lining up a bullseye and will go pop quite badly if they actually get shot at. 

5 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

This. I'd anticipate it looking very much like a TIE Interceptor or Striker in cost. The 'elites' and the ability to pack ensnare is going to make a big difference, but I'd anticipate Sun Fac being roughly Soontir money - both are initiative 6 aces who should be able to outfly opponents with ease but are criticly dependent on lining up a bullseye and will go pop quite badly if they actually get shot at. 

Yeah, and Ensnare really transforms what the ship is able to do and how it wants to fly. That's probably a pricey card.

I would say the generics will start in the 30’s with even the lowest having a talent slot and the higher generic and named pilots getting 2 talents. The pack comes with 4 or 5 Talents. The only other slot will be a mod.

Im looking forward to the weirdness this ship will bring to the game.

I'm thinking somewhere in line with Tie Strikers.  Uncertain on Sun Fac, but would expect Soontir'ish costs.  Where pricing gets weird is when you look within the vacuum of CIS and access to cheap, but expendable 3 dice attack with ESC drones.  

I agree with Striker-esque pricing for most with Sun Fac a tad cheaper than Soontir (since you'll DEFINITELY need Ensnare on him.) It's going to be a load of fun to fly this ship, even if it crashes and burns a bunch. Skill ceiling is quite high, but the floor probably is too.

I just realized the dial has every basic maneuver except 1str. Is that the most basic maneuvers of any ship?

Also, a tip for those at work: don't be a doof like me and google "nantex HD spread" at work lol