clanofwolves

WAVE V ....the real, burning question.

TAP isn't too bad.

Baron of the Empire?  Shrug.  Dude's a Green RZ-1 A-Wing with a System instead of a 2nd Talent.  Nothing fancy or too interesting.

The Grand Inquisitor certainly seems a bit too expensive.  3 more than Obi-Wan, 5 more than Plo Koon doesn't make sense, IMHO.

Seventh Sister with Hate, perhaps with FCS, is a solid little filler ship.  Turns out getting full-arc Crack Shot every other turn is pretty reasonable.

Generic Inquisitors are fun.  With Supernatural Reflexes, they've got a lot of movement flexibility and action economy, trading their 1 force for 2 actions.

Advanced Sensors Grand Inquisitor is surprisingly good.

It's really hard to get a good gauge on the TAP because it's been completely pushed out of Extended by first Squad of Legends and then after points Quad Phantom. 

7th Sister? For 6 more points you get Soontir or 2 less points you get Countdown. Grand Inquisitor? For 3 more points you get Juke Whisper. Generic Inquisitors are pushed out by Gideon Hask and Wampa being very solid for fewer points, and even though you get a pretty hilarious token stack with Supernatural on them for only 46 points, but now you got Imdaars at 43. 

I think they'll be pretty good in Hyperspace, especially if they rotate out squints. 

59 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

TAP isn't too bad.

Baron of the Empire?  Shrug.  Dude's a Green RZ-1 A-Wing with a System instead of a 2nd Talent.  Nothing fancy or too interesting.

The Grand Inquisitor certainly seems a bit too expensive.  3 more than Obi-Wan, 5 more than Plo Koon doesn't make sense, IMHO.

Seventh Sister with Hate, perhaps with FCS, is a solid little filler ship.  Turns out getting full-arc Crack Shot every other turn is pretty reasonable.

Generic Inquisitors are fun.  With Supernatural Reflexes, they've got a lot of movement flexibility and action economy, trading their 1 force for 2 actions.

This is the correct take. Most are uninspiring, but Seventh Sister is downright great. She is an amazing 1:1 knife fighting jerk.

None of the others move me, and feel worth their points. Typically I’ll scratch a few points for a named Striker over the generic Inquisitor.

54 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

Yeah, Grand Inquisitor is simply too much for what you get in that chassis, dial and pilot ability, he’s a shadow of his former self. 🙁

And Generics, I think maybe? in Epic, like back in 1.0, low PS ones with prockets were Uber fun! 🤔

12 minutes ago, Micanthropyre said:

I think they'll be pretty good in Hyperspace, especially if they rotate out squints. 

Rotate out Squints? Have you seen any played save Soontir? 😢

1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

If instinctive aim missiles aren't good I struggle to see passive sensor missiles changing that.

Being up either a soft double mod or having a defensive spends seems like a pretty nice buff, no?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, thespaceinvader said:

Nor does instinctive aim you get a focus and use the force to fire.

Considering the generic Inquisitor:

• With Instinctive Aim, you only get your Focus token to mod your shot, since you spent the Force for the ability. If you get arc dodged, you have your Focus and Force token for defense.
  • With Passive Sensors, you get your Lock and your Force Token to mod your shot. If you get arc dodged, you have a Calculate and Force token for defense, or can take and save the Lock for next turn. It simply hits harder than the Instinctive Aim option. 

However, being able to take a Boost/BR + Focus is a benefit of the Instinctive Aim option for maneuverability. You could take Supernatural Reflexes to spend you Force for a Boost/BR + Focus, then move, then use Passive Sensors, but I feel that is getting too expensive for the generics once you add on a Missile. 

As far as the ship itself, I think they need to take another pass at SNR which I feel they were a bit too aggressive with pricing out of the competitive field. Seventh Sister or Grand Inquisitor can benefit from it greatly without being too exploitative like Vader or Kylo can be. The frame is fragile but squirrelly and could benefit from SNR. TIE/v1's can get double modded shots with it (or Focus/Evade), but they are only two-die shots without spending a lot of points on Missiles, so not too exploitative. Sister loses her ability if you SNR, and Grand Inquisitor only has enough Force for 1 ability modified shot if you SNR. But they can plink. 

Edited by kris40k

2 hours ago, RStan said:

wrong-question.png

Wave V won't be the reason TIE Adv Protos become better, it's whether the points update in June or July that will determine their fate. That is where you'll get your real answer. 

All ships and pilots are broken, good, bad, or unplayable based on their cost relative to other ships and pilots.  Keeping points off the cards was a very wise decision. 

1 hour ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

All ships and pilots are broken, good, bad, or unplayable based on their cost relative to other ships and pilots.  Keeping points off the cards was a very wise decision. 

I know, right? There is a price point where the Grand Inquisitor is a worthwhile and interesting piece.

I don’t think that price is above 50 points. But maybe I’m wrong.

3 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

TAP isn't too bad.

I made a fun theme list with the Grand Inq, Sister Inq, regular ING and 5th brother on Duchess. Have had pretty good result, all that soft focus force is pretty **** good. 

Quiz at 48 would be awesome. Honestly at that price I’d fly him naked as a budget closer. I think imperial 4xI5 will be a real thing soon, it just takes a few tweaks to get there.

I don’t think he’s that bad. If you use him up close and arc-dodge properly, you shouldn’t need his ability. If you screw it up though, you’ll be glad to have both force tokens around.

And then he also lets you choose to snipe or knife-fight, and his excellent dial and linked boost let you switch between those at the drop of a hat.

Definitely overpriced right now, but potential to be amazing at a lower cost!

Seriously, the same cost as Wedge with R4 and Predator? Whose idea was that?!

I've had great success with this list. I got second place in our local league with a 6-0 record. 

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 44
    Inquisitor - (38)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle - •Colonel Jendon - 57
    •Colonel Jendon - Darth Vader’s Shuttle Pilot (46)
        Jamming Beam (0)
        •Emperor Palpatine (11)

TIE Advanced v1 - •Seventh Sister - 54
    •Seventh Sister - Sadistic Interrogator (46)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 44
    Inquisitor - (38)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I want to try a baron with the passive sensor, ion missile and marksmanship in a list next to a Omicron group pilot.

The trick could be: Omicron move and coordinate a focus on the baron ( is charge is active so he can). baron activate rush in combat against the higher init he can find then use passive sensor because not range 3. If he survives first engagement he should be able to ionise the bigger threat and arcdodge it for the second round and get a great r1 bullseye shot. It could be worth 40/45 points.

I've been having the time of my 2e life playing inquisitors lately. They're bananas fun, and surprisingly good. I will say the gas clouds have actually hampered their potential. Supernatural Reflexes and FCS, and call it a day. I've danced those bad boys around more high initiative aces for free shots than I can count.

I will say this; I'm about 40/60 on wins with just 4x Inquisitors, but I'm about 70/30 wins 3x Inquisitors and some kind of ace. Ran them this week with a Gunboat against a tight XXAA list and - aside from flying one Inquisitor off the board in a distracted act of idiocy by reading the dial wrong - it took a fairly convincing win.

53 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I've been having the time of my 2e life playing inquisitors lately. They're bananas fun, and surprisingly good. I will say the gas clouds have actually hampered their potential. Supernatural Reflexes and FCS, and call it a day. I've danced those bad boys around more high initiative aces for free shots than I can count.

I will say this; I'm about 40/60 on wins with just 4x Inquisitors, but I'm about 70/30 wins 3x Inquisitors and some kind of ace. Ran them this week with a Gunboat against a tight XXAA list and - aside from flying one Inquisitor off the board in a distracted act of idiocy by reading the dial wrong - it took a fairly convincing win.

I've been thinking about 3x SNR/FCS Inquisitors + Predator Soontir Fel...