Cubanboy

Are Vehicles worth bring?

i wanted to ask the same as well.. they look cool but cool things in games doesnt mean good stuff in general.. people say the new ones are good but are the ones like AT ST worth ?

6 minutes ago, gmcc said:

i wanted to ask the same as well.. they look cool but cool things in games doesnt mean good stuff in general.. people say the new ones are good but are the ones like AT ST worth ?

We've been proxying the generic pilot over here for about a month now. It really helps the ST out, but you need to buy the new heavy or get the card online to have it.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, gmcc said:

I had one game with the tank so far on capture the supplies. I drove it up the middle and was able to deny the enemy the middle box until turn 5. When he tried to capture it I nearly wiped a whole unit of snows with one shot. Then Palp came in with now you will die and made toast out of my tank with crit fishing. All in all I killed about 80 points of troopers and made Palp take 4 wounds (So I indirectly nearly killed a 230 point unit with it). So with that and the deny of the middle token I think it was worth the points.

If I had managed to do some wounds on Palp beforehand, the tank had been unstoppable. Sadly Palp defended godlike against my Death trooper shots.

Edit: I had the surge to hit pilot and the 1 red 3 white gun on it. Because with this combo the damage output is higher than with the dlt.

Edited by Staelwulf

12 hours ago, chr335 said:

I enjoy AT Rts still figuring out which weapon to use but go between the gatling cannon or the anti vehicle blaster cannon

I find that if i don't have the flamer on the atrt, i regret it. The gatling doesn't really threaten anyone and the laser is alittle too inaccurate as a pure armor hunter. Flamer just kills stuff that has to be killed(troopers) All other units can be worked around.

56 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I find that if i don't have the flamer on the atrt, i regret it. The gatling doesn't really threaten anyone and the laser is alittle too inaccurate as a pure armor hunter. Flamer just kills stuff that has to be killed(troopers) All other units can be worked around.

Huh, I would have rated them exactly opposite.  The Gatling is the go too for the amount of die you can toss, and the surge to crit really helps.  The cannon is weaker, even against armor, but it's great for range 4 sniping.  The Flamer is OK, but not great in that you have to charge into a wall of Impact to get within range. 

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

The laser might not be perfect, but it's still the best option for consistent damage against armor the rebels have. I routinely see STs in my area, so I always bring a pair of laser RTs to deal with them.

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Huh, I would have rated them exactly opposite.  The Gatling is the go too for the amount of die you can toss, and the surge to crit really helps.  The cannon is weaker, even against armor, but it's great for range 4 sniping.  The Flamer is OK, but not great in that you have to charge into a wall of Impact to get within range. 

I have yet to have black dice do anything in this game when I play rebels.  FD or AtRT or any Rebels.

My flamer Rt's just have to get within range 1, they climb like bosses, so I can hide behind LOS blocking terrain and then run around or spring over walls and land within range one, roll 10 dice and then finally with those odds and no cover, I have a chance at making my opponent roll some blanks. Keywords are what seems to win shooting for me, not the color of the dice (red are awesome I know, but up til recently, few units could carry multiple reds)

I have yet to see this wall of Impact.  The most I see is the random DLT and half of those I can mitigate with cover.  If my ATRT gets focused, then the rest of my figures are in a great spot to unleash serious damage or they've already stolen the objective and ran off unscathed. I always run 2 ATRTs so one usually gets blown to bits but the second one usually wipes out 2-3 squads over and over.  They are also great at eating sniper squads and other entrenched units. 

The laser may see more use if the occupier tank and AT-ST start showing up more.

rotary cannon is and has been the weakest for me since day one.  Flamer is cheap and scary for the opponent. Especially if 2 are racing towards him and Luke Skywalker/Jyn is right behind.

7 hours ago, thepopemobile100 said:

The laser might not be perfect, but it's still the best option for consistent damage against armor the rebels have. I routinely see STs in my area, so I always bring a pair of laser RTs to deal with them.

The problem now is going to be other Rebels... as Cover 2 basically negates the laser.

I haven't run the math but you might be better crit fishing with the Rotary.

6 minutes ago, WAC47 said:

The problem now is going to be other Rebels... as Cover 2 basically negates the laser.

You're absolutely right on all fronts. Fortunately rebel corp seems to be built for that.

3 hours ago, WAC47 said:

5 crit surge dice average 1.25 crit damage 

4/6 is .8333 average wounds. So, not great at all on AT-ST armor. (.625 against the GAVw tanks armor)

Laser cannon is dealing .75 crit and 1.375 hits (2.125) which, on AT-ST armor is 1.41667 (1.0625 on the GAVw armor)

12 minutes ago, Derrault said:

5 crit surge dice average 1.25 crit damage 

4/6 is .8333 average wounds. So, not great at all on AT-ST armor. (.625 against the GAVw tanks armor)

Laser cannon is dealing .75 crit and 1.375 hits (2.125) which, on AT-ST armor is 1.41667 (1.0625 on the GAVw armor)

Pretty sure he meant against the 47 and 34 with cover 2.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, thepopemobile100 said:

Pretty sure he meant against the 47 and 34 with cover 2.

Ah, yes, none of the AT-RT options is particularly good for attacking an enemy with a single mini, armor, and cover 2.

Maybe the laser cannon with battery, or the T-47 itself (3.75 average goes to 1.75 through cover 2; is 1.16)

Or just take the x-34 with M-45 Ion Blaster, RPS-6 Rocket gunner, and A-300 Rifle (or DH-17 at range 2) is rolling 7 white dice, 2 black, 1 red with Impact 3, Ion 1 (1.25 crit, 3.875 hit) for 3.125 damage after cover 2 (2.083 average damage, pretty much guarantees Ion takes effect)

Mark II medium blaster is .375 more average damage, but misses out on impact and ion, so, not nearly as strong against vehicles.

Edit: granted, you’re paying 158 for that punching power. 

Edited by Derrault

Are you taking about points or dollars??? It would be interesting to talk about their REAL prize... Not sure about you, but One single 10cms vehicle for 60$/€ is WAY difficult to justify... Simply think about it as a toy, a paintless and SMALL toy... Would you buy it?????????? 

50 minutes ago, Tubb said:

Are you taking about points or dollars??? It would be interesting to talk about their REAL prize... Not sure about you, but One single 10cms vehicle for 60$/€ is WAY difficult to justify... Simply think about it as a toy, a paintless and SMALL toy... Would you buy it?????????? 

I did. 

2 hours ago, Tubb said:

Points, I thought that was obvious, as the actual miniature is 49.95, and not 74.95.

I bought two of each though, but only because I like to be able to field as many as are potentially possible (ie 4 IRG units with Palpatine; 4 Death Troopers with Krennic)

19 hours ago, Derrault said:

bought two of each though, but only because I like to be able to field as many as are potentially possible 

Not ONLY this... You also got economical resources that I can hardly understand, congrats... 

22 hours ago, Derrault said:

I bought two of each though, but only because I like to be able to field as many as are potentially possible (ie 4 IRG units with Palpatine; 4 Death Troopers with Krennic)

How long will it take to paint everything??? 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

How long will it take to paint everything??? 

Like, actual paint time? Probably 10-15 minutes to prime (I do it by hand), then another 20-30 painting, although that doesn’t include time spent pondering exactly how I want to paint everything (hunting down reference shots from movies, ascertaining how to mix colors for a close approximation, etcetera).

This would all be spread out over days/weeks/months however based time demands. 

Edit: in regards to the IRG, those are done, they’re pretty basic: bright red helmets, robes, and boots, blood red gauntlets (a medium brown covered with a diluted red), a black visor, force pikes are silver metal with dark brown handles, and the special has gold flanges and gold tips.

I haven’t primed all the Death Troopers as yet, they’d delayed in the queue as I finally picked up a third unit of scout troopers, Wookies, and that 4th unit of IRG. 

Now it’s the scout troopers, and if FFG sends the missing wookie arm, they’ll be next. Otherwise, DTs

Edited by Derrault

I think vehicles (this also includes a single AT-RT or a pair of speeder bikes) can have a hard time being cost effective. However they can be fun to play with, even if you lose (I looking at you AT-ST). I think the best answer is "it depends" (which is not definitive in any way)

I fielded an AT-ST for a tournament last sunday, equippes with the extra blaster turret and the new imperial hammers pilot. It did better than usual, never died in three games! Funnily enough, i've lost the third game because I deployed it in the wrong position on the field, so I "only" got second place!