Jump to content
Fajrant

New Keyforge Player needs help

Recommended Posts

Ubogi is rather bad. Or good, depending. Shadows doesn't do much shadow stuff and has too many speed sigils. The logos part is good for good hands with two mothers and a lot of labworks, but there's nothing to combo. And worst of all, you have NOTHIGN to control the opponent's Aember except a Miasma that will only give you at msot a single turn. Probably a good reversal deck xD. I'll give it a 3/10.

Bystra has a decent Brobnar that does brobnar things, but Brobnar isn't a strong house overall (except some very good cards, that you don't have). Your DIS is decent to generate Aember and even to capture it (dropping those dust imps and a pandemonium just after that to force the opponent to kill them would be fun). Eater of the dead is strong but no one will ever let him live. The MARS is OK but lacks the combo cards to make it work (megaphones or soft landing) so you'll ahve trouble making it work. Not a bad deck, but not a strong one either. Your only Aember control is in DIS (or very minor with Brobnar): Not great. i'll give it a 5/10.

Estella is a decent deck, with a sufficient Shadows (skeleton key + Selwyn the Fence is a good combo for example, hidden stash to hide a bait and switch, an urchin to work with the Ghostly hands... It has some OK potential). The DIS is good: Lash of Broken Dreams is awesome, control the weak, three fates, dominator baubles are good, poltergheist is very good to get rid of an opponent's artefact that annoys you... Just be careful with Three fates as it kills the strongest, and if you ahve Niffle queen your niffle apes are power 5! so you may kill them by mistake. Untamed isn't great, but it works and has a couple strong cards (witch of the eye with a speed sigil, deployed next to a shadow self, can be very very good) with nepenthe seed, cooperative hunting... Too bad you don't have a troop call. 7.5/10.

Matka is bad, because you have 2 wild wormholes with 2 poison waves and 3 gateway to Dis. Too **** risky. Ozmo the martianologist makes no sense since you don't have Mars, Shadows doesn't do a great job, just decent, with the spymaster being great but doesn't work that well. Too random.

Golec is OK. Brobnar is good with lots of creatures, including interesting ones, and has some aember control (Burn the stockpiles + 2 bumpsy can make a -6 aember in one turn. Pretty nasty). The Logos is interesting and should run well withotu being awesome. Crazy killing machine is very good at removing artefacts, all your creatures will force the opponent to get rid of them so will change their plans... Yeah, it's nice. Sanctum has soem artefact remover as well with Gorm, lots of mana generation, some neat support, and veemos lightbringer in a deck where you do'nt have anything with skirmish so you do'nt risk killing your own guys. 7/10.

 

So I would say Ksiezniczka Golec and Estella "Trzon" as good decks, and Ubogi Rybaczyk as a good reversal deck because it's jsut so bad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy Cow, I'm going to unintentionally counterpoint Deuz because I like a lot of what I see. Granted I am not hyper-competitive. I mean I play to win but as long as you can play and have fun win or lose that's what matters. I'm not afraid to take a weaker deck to a tournament just to see if I can pull it off so to me there is a wide-range of decks that are tournament viable. I mean there's a lot of factors to that too in addition to the deck-list. It's all subjective, but a great rule of thumb is the more you play the better you will do. Heck I would still take my "worst" deck to a tourney because it's the one I know the best.

So take this with a grain of salt. We can evaluate your decks all day (and we will) but more playtime is the best thing you can do for yourself. If there's not a lot of casual play in your area, you can even *gulp* use the Crucible. Did I just say that? Someone get Doc Escotera to take my temp...

On to your decks - I'll rate them 1-5 in order of most favorite to least favorite. 1 is the one I want to play the most, 5 the least:

Ubogi Rybaczyk: HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS DECK. I really want to play it. You've got the Mothers, Dysania, Novu Archaeologist, Psychic Bug (hugely underrated card I think) and multiple foggifys and labworks. I don't know that I love the 3 speed sigils but that means you will almost always get one out quick. Plus that triple Full Moon in your untamed and Halacor. I just think this deck wants to hit the ground running full speed and never stop. There are just so many things that look like a lot of fun and I think the big mistake would be to underestimate this deck. I don't look at a lot of decks online but I don't think I've seen a deck that has 3 copies of 3 different cards (Labwork, Speed Sigil, Full Moon). This is #1 for me.

 

Bystra Prorokini: This deck looks pretty interesting. Nothing really stands out but I do like the double Loot the Bodies in Brobnar. The quad Dust Imp seems nice and the Eater of the Dead could cause some serious ripples if it came out right. The Mars mix has more synergy that it first seems, and Mating Season could be crazy at the right time. I see this deck as an engine deck but I don't see a lot of aember control or other ways to hinder your opponent (aside from fighting) and I think that could be an issue. Using Smith at the right time will be a battle you have to fight hard for. Probably #4.

Estella "Trzon," Akuszerka Kosciola: Oh man, this deck looks down right nasty. I try to stay off the "Dis/Shadows is the combo to beat" hype after they keep showing up in Vault Tour results but let's be honest: It's pretty potent for a reason and you've got a good mix of both. I love Deuz's idea of archiving Bait & Switch until you need it. I would love to have a deck with that card lol. Meanwhile over in Untamed you just have a roster of tough beat 'em ups and it is very intimidating, but if you get your niffle queen/apes out and going you've pretty much negated Three Fates, so there is some subtle timing issues that you'll have to figure out to make the most of this deck. Still it's very potent and I'll bet it does alright. This would be #2 for me but it also might be the one I would recommend taking to a chainbound tourney if you were looking to buckle down serious.

Matka Golec - This deck makes me grin from ear to ear. It doesn't feel like the most tourney-competitive but I also think it is the one that would be the most fun. I think it's a very unconventional deck and that is what makes it so appealing to me. You have to undo what you think you know about the game and just roll with the punches. I think hitting a Wild Wormhole into a Gateway to Dis would make me laugh every time. The only thing that would interfere with that is if you actually got and maintained a Dis board presence, at that point you might not want to use those Gateways because you are messing with and hindering your opponent in a lot of practical ways, but as soon as they flip it and change the board state you've got an answer and I like that. This is #3 to me.

Ksieznickzka Golec: You have two decks with Golec in the name. That's fun. This deck looks solid. Like nothing really sticks out to me as a jaw-dropper but I can't help but think you'll have a solid game every time you play this deck. Every faction in this deck has some of the staples that make that faction good and I think you'll be able to get something going. I feel like it has some answers for several situations and has some ever-rare artifact control which is another thing I think is under-valued. It's the one I am ranking #5 of your decks, but again don't take that to mean that I think it's not that good. I think you've got a solid set of decks and I like them. 

Hope that helps a little. I don't spend a lot of time looking at decks online, just every now and then when people come on these forums and list them and it is so much fun to see what everyone has gotten, especially when it is so different from what you have. Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things I feel like adding to spitfire's points.

9 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Ubogi Rybaczyk: HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS DECK. I really want to play it. You've got the Mothers, Dysania, Novu Archaeologist, Psychic Bug (hugely underrated card I think) and multiple foggifys and labworks. I don't know that I love the 3 speed sigils but that means you will almost always get one out quick. Plus that triple Full Moon in your untamed and Halacor. I just think this deck wants to hit the ground running full speed and never stop. There are just so many things that look like a lot of fun and I think the big mistake would be to underestimate this deck. I don't look at a lot of decks online but I don't think I've seen a deck that has 3 copies of 3 different cards (Labwork, Speed Sigil, Full Moon). This is #1 for me.

I'd also note that with grasping vines, you can set up an annoyance of bouncing back your own speed sigil to get a use for it on your turn then deny it to your opponent. It does look like one you may want to practice with to get a handle on how the game can push you to think outside the box and invent combos on the fly.

9 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Bystra Prorokini: This deck looks pretty interesting. Nothing really stands out but I do like the double Loot the Bodies in Brobnar. The quad Dust Imp seems nice and the Eater of the Dead could cause some serious ripples if it came out right. The Mars mix has more synergy that it first seems, and Mating Season could be crazy at the right time. I see this deck as an engine deck but I don't see a lot of aember control or other ways to hinder your opponent (aside from fighting) and I think that could be an issue. Using Smith at the right time will be a battle you have to fight hard for. Probably #4.

Dominator Bauble, Gauntlet of Com & Megamouth give you an ability to utilize your board no matter the house you pick if you can get them to stick. At the very least, even on a brobnar or mars turn you can command your dust imps to suicide themselves into the opponent's line for quick aember.  Bolter, Zookeeper & Eater give you ways to lock out your opponent's creatures.  Thankfully you have no way of archiving yourself so Zookeeper is as good as purge. If John Smyth can stick around...

I can see this deck's potential depending a lot on whether you face someone with board wipes. Though if someone does do that to you, you could play 3 dust imps then 3 fates them yourself for an easy key.

9 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Estella "Trzon," Akuszerka Kosciola: Oh man, this deck looks down right nasty. I try to stay off the "Dis/Shadows is the combo to beat" hype after they keep showing up in Vault Tour results but let's be honest: It's pretty potent for a reason and you've got a good mix of both. I love Deuz's idea of archiving Bait & Switch until you need it. I would love to have a deck with that card lol. Meanwhile over in Untamed you just have a roster of tough beat 'em ups and it is very intimidating, but if you get your niffle queen/apes out and going you've pretty much negated Three Fates, so there is some subtle timing issues that you'll have to figure out to make the most of this deck. Still it's very potent and I'll bet it does alright. This would be #2 for me but it also might be the one I would recommend taking to a chainbound tourney if you were looking to buckle down serious.

Ditto to most of the above except to note that the 3 fates is going to be more likely to hit your mushroom men than apes.

9 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Matka Golec - This deck makes me grin from ear to ear. It doesn't feel like the most tourney-competitive but I also think it is the one that would be the most fun. I think it's a very unconventional deck and that is what makes it so appealing to me. You have to undo what you think you know about the game and just roll with the punches. I think hitting a Wild Wormhole into a Gateway to Dis would make me laugh every time. The only thing that would interfere with that is if you actually got and maintained a Dis board presence, at that point you might not want to use those Gateways because you are messing with and hindering your opponent in a lot of practical ways, but as soon as they flip it and change the board state you've got an answer and I like that. This is #3 to me.

I played against someone with a similar deck before - except I think they had a cowards' end or 2 on top of the 3 gateways. You'll probably run high on chains, but it looks like with those decks you just want to keep the board clear until you have out your people that you want to keep. Especially the spymaster who basically lets you use anybody you want any turn you want. Noddy or Pit Demon to steal? Sure. Quixo to draw? Anytime. Your opponent has a lot of nice artifacts? Use the one you like every turn with Nexus. Then when in doubt, just use a tocsin to keep their hand stripped down turn after turn. By that point who cares what they have, it probably won't stop you.

Heck the poison wave/finishing blow just acts as a 2 card "I'll kill what I want." Yeah, I'd definitely rank this as a solid black swan deck. Bring it when you just feel like screwing with the meta.

9 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Ksieznickzka Golec: You have two decks with Golec in the name. That's fun. This deck looks solid. Like nothing really sticks out to me as a jaw-dropper but I can't help but think you'll have a solid game every time you play this deck. Every faction in this deck has some of the staples that make that faction good and I think you'll be able to get something going. I feel like it has some answers for several situations and has some ever-rare artifact control which is another thing I think is under-valued. It's the one I am ranking #5 of your decks, but again don't take that to mean that I think it's not that good. I think you've got a solid set of decks and I like them. 

Yeah, that's a good intro deck for Brobnar & Sanctum if you want to get a feel for what the faction typically does. Also good for house interaction using things like Gauntlet or Remiel to activate batdrones for your stealing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Deck (J. Li) - I like that double loot the bodies + the Warchest possibility, but the problem is there are not a lot of Brobnar creatures to go with it! It looks like with the right match-up it would do well but it would be very situational. The Mars is probably the strongest part of it but at the same time that multiple Zyzzix with a Thinkdrone seems counter-productive. Combine that with Perilous Wild - potential to hurt you as much as your opponent and a less than stellar (but still useful) Untamed mix, like I said I think it's interesting but situational. 

 

Second Deck (R. Nowik) - Now this deck looks like fun. The dis is there to buff your other creatures and I think those Hand of Dis x3 will help keep your opponent's line in check. That Mars mix looks like a much more proper mix than the previous deck and that could do some fun stuff. The double Grabbar Jammer + triple Mumook looks mean and like a lot of fun. Protect that Hunting Witch with your life and all will be good although admittedly that is very hard to do.

 

Third Deck (Waleczny) - With the exception of the Shadow Selfs and Dodgers you are going to struggle to get any kind of board presence. Fortunately Arise will also help with that. The Dis mix is good, just nothing sticks out. The Logos is interesting and you should fly through your deck with all those babbles. Pocket Universe is helpful to protect your own aember (especially with that effervescent principle). The shadows mix is pretty nasty but again some of it hurts you so make sure it hurts your opponent more. This looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

 

Fourth Deck (Glodny) - This one looks interesting but at first glance I have to say what a strange mix. Rocket boots on that Vespilon Theorist could be a lot of fun! It's a good Logos mix (good not great). The Mars is equally curious, triple Zyzzix but I do like the EMP blast for artifact control. Grabber Jammer plus a Jammer Pack on the Dominator could be fun too. The Sanctum is functional. I've never seen the card "Charge!" before and I like it, but you only have 4 Sanctum creatures. The Sanctum mix is pretty good and this feels like a finesse deck that can be good but you need to play it a lot to get a feel for how it works.

 

Fifth Deck (Glodna) - For my perspective this might be the best out of the five. A strong Brobnar section and I am all about that Iron Obelisk (i've lost plenty a match to it), Untamed's Save the Pack doesn't work well with it so be careful. The Mars mix looks really good and like a lot of fun, and that Untamed mix also looks like a lot of fun. Out of the five decks to me this one looks the most competitive. That Mars engine will be crazy if it gets up and running. The nepenthe seed just seems like it will always bring you back whatever you need - which I think in this deck will be very situational. Fortunately, it has the build to deal with those situations.

 

Well those are my thoughts. Again experience with the decks is the best teacher - I could be completely wrong! Thanks for sharing, it's a fun game and something in me just loves checking out new decks and thinking about what they could do. You never really know until you play but it is fun to speculate. Enjoy your collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

First Deck (J. Li) - I like that double loot the bodies + the Warchest possibility, but the problem is there are not a lot of Brobnar creatures to go with it! It looks like with the right match-up it would do well but it would be very situational. The Mars is probably the strongest part of it but at the same time that multiple Zyzzix with a Thinkdrone seems counter-productive. Combine that with Perilous Wild - potential to hurt you as much as your opponent and a less than stellar (but still useful) Untamed mix, like I said I think it's interesting but situational. 

There's only 2 creatures in the deck to be hit by perilous wild. So it's nice to go up against Shadow (which are more likely to be hosed by that). I think the deck wants to use anger & gauntlet to have the other houses fight on a brobnar turn but that's a long shot. While entertaining, the dragon is often brobnar's albatross. If you can't play it when you draw it, then just ditch the thing. (unless you're playing a deck that is increasing your key cost - then the dragon is hilarious)

8 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Second Deck (R. Nowik) - Now this deck looks like fun. The dis is there to buff your other creatures and I think those Hand of Dis x3 will help keep your opponent's line in check. That Mars mix looks like a much more proper mix than the previous deck and that could do some fun stuff. The double Grabbar Jammer + triple Mumook looks mean and like a lot of fun. Protect that Hunting Witch with your life and all will be good although admittedly that is very hard to do.

Daaaaaaaang that look likes fun. Protecting the hunting witch won't be as hard as you think with 2 flame-wreaths in there. Man, I'd have such a hard time picking who to put those on. Dominators? The grabber jammers or murmooks? Don't forget the John Smyths are great for aember too. For example: with both smyths out and just 1 grabber jammer, you can get 5 aember from reaping while capturing 3 from your opponent. There's also just a good stuffing of stun effects to slow down your opponent. Just get in the habit of spreading out your upgrades. ;) 

IMPORTANT POINT TO REMEMBER: The plague master hits ALL humans - that includes your hunting witch.

8 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Third Deck (Waleczny) - With the exception of the Shadow Selfs and Dodgers you are going to struggle to get any kind of board presence. Fortunately Arise will also help with that. The Dis mix is good, just nothing sticks out. The Logos is interesting and you should fly through your deck with all those babbles. Pocket Universe is helpful to protect your own aember (especially with that effervescent principle). The shadows mix is pretty nasty but again some of it hurts you so make sure it hurts your opponent more. This looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.

Hah! Now THIS is a troll deck. Customs Office to make your opponent pay to play artifacts, then a Tentacus to make them pay you to use them? At least in my area it seems like artifacts have a strong position in the meta so this is definitely a deck to bring here. Considering that each house has a "fireball" in it, I'd say your opponent is going to have a hard time establishing board presence too. I would not underestimate this deck.

8 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Fourth Deck (Glodny) - This one looks interesting but at first glance I have to say what a strange mix. Rocket boots on that Vespilon Theorist could be a lot of fun! It's a good Logos mix (good not great). The Mars is equally curious, triple Zyzzix but I do like the EMP blast for artifact control. Grabber Jammer plus a Jammer Pack on the Dominator could be fun too. The Sanctum is functional. I've never seen the card "Charge!" before and I like it, but you only have 4 Sanctum creatures. The Sanctum mix is pretty good and this feels like a finesse deck that can be good but you need to play it a lot to get a feel for how it works.

Not much to say to the above, though consider me jealous as the deck I have with rocket boots doesn't have nearly the appealing targets this one does. You've got Zyzzix for a quick growth monster (I would love to see how big you could make him), Bolters for a machine gun, Jammer & Sequis for rapid capture, and finally Grey Monk to just massively heal your line. 

I'd definitely label this one the fun casual deck of the list.

8 hours ago, TheSpitfired said:

Fifth Deck (Glodna) - For my perspective this might be the best out of the five. A strong Brobnar section and I am all about that Iron Obelisk (i've lost plenty a match to it), Untamed's Save the Pack doesn't work well with it so be careful. The Mars mix looks really good and like a lot of fun, and that Untamed mix also looks like a lot of fun. Out of the five decks to me this one looks the most competitive. That Mars engine will be crazy if it gets up and running. The nepenthe seed just seems like it will always bring you back whatever you need - which I think in this deck will be very situational. Fortunately, it has the build to deal with those situations.

I will have to respectively disagree with Spitfired here. Stampede requires using 3 creatures and you have EXACTLY 3 creatures in untamed, meaning they all have to be out for a turn. Sure at 7, 5 and 4 they might (at least none of them die to earthshaker) but it's a long shot. Heck you have 2 full moons - AND ONLY 3 CREATURES in untamed. I'm... I'm sorry, man.

Now talking about mars... I apologize for the Mars. You only have 3 creatures, all of which die to earthshaker. Then for further irony, most of your mars are upgrades - and most of your creatures are brobnar... all of which will bounce with a wardrummer. At least red planet raygun and a brain stem antenna on troll could be fun if they stick - but again the antenna only works if you play a mars creatures - of which you only have 3. While zookeeper can be amazing, you have bio-backups in your deck too, meaning if you try to "save" any creature after death, you'll have to return your opponent's creatures back to them as well.

I say this is going to be your test of skill deck since so much of the deck kind of works against itself. The only really decent combo you have in there is grenade squib and earthshaker. I will admit your brobnar has impressive loss ability. Don't forget that sometimes you can cannon your own brob creature to increase costs with Iron Obelisk. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...