Kieransi

Ship of the day: VCX-100

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I was just toying with an attack Shuttle build using Hera + Cassian. Put in the maneuver you think is wrong, then look at the dial. If you’re right, change your dial. If you’re wrong, you have the right maneuver but you can change it anyway and then barrel roll and evade too.

Just wish FlyCasual had Cassian!

it's even funnier with Cassian/Sense. you sense the dial. then "guess" the dial, then do whatever you want.

I debated doing a double ghost with hera/nein as well

Kanan Jarrus (84)
Sense (6)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Cassian Andor (6)
Leia Organa (2)
Veteran Turret Gunner (6)

Hera Syndulla (VCX-100) (73)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Nien Nunb (5)
Magva Yarro (8)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

is my double don't care what you do build

47 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

Kanan Jarrus (84)
Sense (6)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Cassian Andor (6)
Leia Organa (2)

Hera Syndulla (VCX-100) (73)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Nien Nunb (5)
Magva Yarro (8)
Total: 200

is my double don't care what you do build

100% trying some variation on that when I get the new Ghost model.

can ghost's still fire torps out the back? I need to double check that.... but sense would work good with a bomber....

Kanan Jarrus (84)
Sense (6)
Collision Detector (6)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Cassian Andor (6)
Leia Organa (2)
Shield Upgrade (3)

Miranda Doni (45)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
Barrage Rockets (7)
Skilled Bombardier (2)
Sabine Wren (3)
Bomblet Generator (5)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Total: 199

27 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

can ghost's still fire torps out the back? I need to double check that.... but sense would work good with a bomber....

Kanan Jarrus (84)
Sense (6)
Collision Detector (6)
Proton Torpedoes (12)
Dorsal Turret (2)
Cassian Andor (6)
Leia Organa (2)
Shield Upgrade (3)

Miranda Doni (45)
Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)
Barrage Rockets (7)
Skilled Bombardier (2)
Sabine Wren (3)
Bomblet Generator (5)
Shield Upgrade (4)
Total: 199

How would it fire a torpedo out the back?

Here’s my take on the double ghost list: 

New Squadron

(73) Hera Syndulla [VCX-100 Light Freighter]
(5) Nien Nunb
(5) Seasoned Navigator
(4) Ion Cannon Turret
(6) Veteran Turret Gunner
(2) Fire-Control System
(2) Trick Shot

(70) "Chopper" [VCX-100 Light Freighter]
(4) Ion Cannon Turret
(6) Veteran Turret Gunner
(8) Magva Yarro
(8) Saw Gerrera
(2) Fire-Control System

Total points: 195

you have 2 choices, chase hera who can pretty much dial what ever she wants, and get chased by chopper who is just out to murder things or go after chopper and have a ps5 dial changing Hera chasing you down 

Posted (edited)

Yeah torps on the ghost are weird. It's basically paying 6-12 points for a crit if you already happen to have a lock. Definitely not worth it. The only thing I could see is splurging for the Ion torps for a 4-die Ion attack at R3 if you really need that for some weird reason. Also turns off VTG so still probably not worth it except at R3

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Wiredin said:

it's even funnier with Cassian/Sense. you sense the dial. then "guess" the dial, then do whatever you want.

I debated doing a double ghost with hera/nein as well

Definitely true but I really like Hera for I5 (plus I just like her character). Sitting at I5 (plus an enormous bid) and waiting for your opponent to move, then changing your dial, barrel rolling, evading, and blasting them out your back with an ion turret is just the best feeling.

My Kanan/Ezra build was super fun because basically Kanan gets both Hate and Sense, he can keep Ezra safe, and he has 3 force points (and extra emergency force regen) with Maul so he always has focus mods and he's free to lock or reinforce as necessary.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

21 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah torps on the ghost are weird. It's basically paying 6-12 points for a crit if you already happen to have a lock.

Primary attacks grant an extra green at range 3. Torps and Missiles don't.

22 hours ago, svelok said:

This is pretty much the one thing about the VCX coming to hyperspace that I don't like.

It's an interesting ship so long as it's not an I5 dial-changing arc dodger! Saw/Magva "burn-down" builds seem really cool.

Keep in mind that she's limited in how much she can do with this. Stressing her significantly hinders her options, as banks are not great for arc-dodging, and red maneuvers while stressed just force her into a 2-straight. She's also only IN5, so she's not nearly the arc-dodger that a fat Han would be.

1 hour ago, PhantomFO said:

Keep in mind that she's limited in how much she can do with this. Stressing her significantly hinders her options, as banks are not great for arc-dodging, and red maneuvers while stressed just force her into a 2-straight. She's also only IN5, so she's not nearly the arc-dodger that a fat Han would be.

She's awesome with Tactical Cassian, but unfortunately that limits her even more. I'm curious how the Hera/Leia combo would work out. I'm assuming she can't change her reds if she's treating them as white? Timing is beginning of the round, not before executing the maneuver :( 

39 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

Something I never got was the 4 Attack rating in the front arc. Is it to simulate the crew on a bunch of little turrets, so it's basically 4 reds? 

Probably based on the show where the ship annihilated anything it shot it.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, HanScottFirst said:

Something I never got was the 4 Attack rating in the front arc. Is it to simulate the crew on a bunch of little turrets, so it's basically 4 reds? 

Maybe it part. The ghost is a good example of a ship that pushes the scale of the game to the limit. It's really not far off in size from a Gozanti. The 4 Attack mainly represents an upgunned ship that is already just more ship than most of the things that can meaningfully engage in a dogfight can be, but it's also nimble enough to get a real dial and represent its maneuvers with the same templates everything else uses.

Ditto the insane HP and zero agility, functionally representing an entirely different class of ship.

Edited by Hand of Vecna

2 minutes ago, Hand of Vecna said:

Maybe it part. The ghost is a good example of a ship that pushes the scale of the game to the limit. It's really not far off in size from a Gozanti. The 4 Attack mainly represents an upgunned ship that is already just more ship than most of the things that can meaningfully engage in a dogfight can be, but it's also nimble enough to get a real dial and represent its maneuvers with the same templates everything else uses.

It's a really solid, beefy ship, but if it's not supported it's stuck either modless or just taking heaps and piles of damage from every shot.

9 minutes ago, battlestarbill said:

Anyone else curious as to why the new ghost has the shethipede instead of the attack shuttle?

maybe there's a CIS sheathipede coming in the pipeline so they were preparing to do the production of the sculpt run anyways... 

8 minutes ago, battlestarbill said:

Anyone else curious as to why the new ghost has the shethipede instead of the attack shuttle?

The Attack shuttle’s wings fold up to dock. I’ve seen a picture of a wings-folded Attack shuttle sitting in the new Ghost model.

Hopefully this means it will also come with a docked-only attack shuttle model, even if it lacks the cards/cardboard to fly the thing.

20 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

The Attack shuttle’s wings fold up to dock. I’ve seen a picture of a wings-folded Attack shuttle sitting in the new Ghost model.

Hopefully this means it will also come with a docked-only attack shuttle model, even if it lacks the cards/cardboard to fly the thing.

Dang it if that's so, I'll need to buy a fourth ghost lol

(also ran out of reactions today, sorry :))