Sign in to follow this  
Lipstickpaddy

Prediction for 2019 expansion - MoM Legacy

Short of news running to Gencon, this could be the big reveal at the show, and the big reason for secrecy.Ā 

Due to the popularity of the Scythe's legacy expansion, this could really be a big seller.

Sign me up if it's true, and colour me mega excited for the next reveal.

Posted (edited)

If Legacy is what I'm thinking about, then I'm not a fan of putting stickers etc on my game boards etc.

Interesting idea, though...

Edited by DMG

"Scythe's legacy expansion"?
The expansion was a non-legacy campaign, though it did containĀ some legacy-like elements, like boxes that you didn't know what they contained until you opened them. So playing through it a second time means some elements of surprise are lost. But it's certainly doable, no stickers anywhere and no cards ripped in two.

Don't get me wrong, but the designer made it non-legacy explicitly because many people are put off by those kind of campaigns. šŸ˜›

However, I would really like it if they released a campaign-like system for MoM, perhapsĀ like in Decent (they use essentially the same app even!)
I had great fun with the Descent campaigns, and would love a more slow-paced campaign for MoM.
For example, the initial investigator parts of the Rising Tide scenario seems to be something many people enjoy, though the lengthĀ of the scenario means few ever get to try it.
In a campaign, you could have an investigation that lasts for like 2-3 hours (tops),Ā  but with no bloody ending where half the investigators die.Ā And when you are done you return to a sort of map or office, trying to figure out where to go next based on what information you gleamed during the investigation.

You could have some investigations go awry, and end with the team dying and having to pick new investigators to try and solve what happened to the old gang, getting back on track for the main campaign.

Dunno. A lot of cool stuff can be done, and it couldĀ certainly be designed to only be meantĀ to be played once.
Ā 

Posted (edited)

I dont see legacy in MoMs future personally. Simply because of the App and the vast amount of untapped potencial contained within it.

Campaigns for MoM are the next logical step in my opinion and the functionally is already there.

I have builtĀ a tiny PoC in Valkyrie (MoM homebrew app) and can see a campaign modeĀ being completely doable.

Ā 

Edited by scrubbless

If any game in the Arkham Horror Files gets the Legacy treatment, it will be Arkham Horror.Ā  As far as any big MoM announcements, my money's on FFG addressing an expansion to replace the tile and figure collections since they refuse to put the two sets back into circulationĀ