Sign in to follow this  
player2422845

Restoring the balance in the force

Hello everyone.

I am just returning the game after about 6 month, I just read the new points value and I am very pleased of the Devs choices, I thought I would find the forum happy about all the new clone war ships and the great games experience.

Nope, I found that the forum is still a warzone. Today, people fight about fat Han being or not being the doom of the 2nd edition.

Today, I will end this fight. I will also end all the fights. I will make this forum a heaven of peace and joy.

I have found that if we disagree it is often because we are not looking for the same thing in the game.

Here a video about psychographic profile in Warhammer that work totally with X wing.

For example, I see myself as 70% Timmy and 30% Jhony.

If we ask a Timmy a Jhony and a Spike  about fat Han :

Timmy: it is tematic, the white stop is cool narratively, it is strong but only if it play the clock, so as I won't see it a lot. I conclude that it not break my game.

Jhony: by combining mechanism that was supposed to not be combined in V2, even if it is not unbeatable, it break the game by denying the opponent the opportunity to play freely. It should not be possible.

Spike: it is legal and not even super strong, so there is no big deal about it.

What are your vision of the game? Is the game healthy? Is the rebels bias real? All those questions depends on your psychographic profile. What is yours?

Rebel bias? No, it’s not a thing. The power faction changes over time and even between formats.

You shouldn’t be surprised - the forums will always be a war zone. That’s how the internet works. If they weren’t fighting over fat Han, it’d be something else.

Is Fat Han a problem? I doubt it - the list is inherently handicapped because it’s a 2 ship list. Occasionally a 3 ship. You have to be **very** good to use it correctly without it being burned down. I suspect ffg will tinker the points a little but I doubt it’ll be as prolific as quad phantoms. 

As for the profile.... I’ve never been good at profiling myself into those buckets.  If I had to pick one, I’d pick Johnny “trying to win but doing it my way”. I don’t normally fly the hottest meta, but I fly strong concepts at events. For open play nights, I bring my current iteration of “try squad” plus one jank funsy list because I want to try and find new ideas that work (and I like the idea of using all my ships). Play whichever based on the crowd. 

Forum got nothing interesting to say. I come by just for a cheap troll thrill - love to see how much stupid things a lot of armchair generals write down here. Most people month ago didn't even know how Han works. Now everyone wants to play knowledgeable one, using power of hindsight.

8 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

As for the profile.... I’ve never been good at profiling myself into those buckets

You don't have to fit in any category, maybe those profile are not relevant to you. But I found that lots of argumens may fall into one or another category.

You talk about rebels bias in V1, you have a strong idea, but I remember the forum being thrown apart, and very good/nice contributor being mad at each other, both having strong argument. But the weight of each argument was dependent of once profile of player.

What i want is the people defending a postulate to take it into account when baching other positions.

55 minutes ago, Embir82 said:

Most people month ago didn't even know how Han works.

Because it was up to the TOs until March 21st when it was ruled by FFG. Also, it has been known and discussed at least since March 2nd at Krayt Cup.