Pooleman

I LOVE the Jedi Ships

Flew this list 3 times now and love it. Just love it. Super maneuverable and fun. 

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)    
    Brilliant Evasion (6)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (8)    

Ship total: 69  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Anakin Skywalker (60)    
    Predictive Shot (4)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (10)    

Ship total: 76  Half Points: 38  Threshold: 2    

Saesee Tiin (44)    
    Heightened Perception (3)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (6)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v6!s=200!278:199,5,200,:;273:203,5,200,:;313:72,5,200,:&sn=Anakin%2C Obi Wan%2C Saesee&obs=

That looks like a really fun list to fly. I flew a very similar list (Obi, Mace, and Luminara with 7B and 2 with R2 Astromech) and was impressed with the maneuverability and action economy from the force.

I like the CLT, but I was concerned that it wouldn’t trigger enough for the cost. Did you find that you were able to trigger the bullseye attacks enough for it to be worth it over giving 7B to 2 of them (and cutting some force upgrades if necessary)?

Posted (edited)

I had good luck triggering CLT on Anakin and Obi-Wan on another list, flying against swarms and larger based ships.  I could get someone in bullseye pretty quickly.

However, the stock Delta-7s are just so fragile.  One wrong move and you're in the hole.

I honestly don't fly with any force upgrades on the Deltas, because they need to keep the force for dice mods.

Edited by XPav

I need to get another one or two to try out 3/4 Jedi lists I've got floating around.

...Does anyone care to try out 4x Jedi Knight w/Battle Meditation and R4 and let me know how terrible it is? :D Basically two actions per ship every turn. and yeah you use all of your force points, but I like to view it as upgrading them to focus tokens 😜

They are probably my favorite ship at the moment.  Been flying this with good success. Luminara's ability has come into play many times and saved me more than once.  

Anakin Skywalker (60)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Delta-7B (18)    
    Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 3    

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Delta-7B (17)    
    Ship total: 72  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 3    

Luminara Unduli (44)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Ship total: 46  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 2    

Total: 198    

9 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

...Does anyone care to try out 4x Jedi Knight w/Battle Meditation and R4 and let me know how terrible it is? :D Basically two actions per ship every turn. and yeah you use all of your force points, but I like to view it as upgrading them to focus tokens 😜

We had a quick look at how this works today, although not in a game setting, just a couple of preset engagements.

My feeling is that they simply don't chuck enough dice to be worth investing so heavily in the double mods, at the cost of your repositions or passive mod.

The extra damage that they may throw out does not balance the extra damage they'll receive. Particularly when they're so squishy and will explode as a result.

I mean, it may be worth actually trying properly. I'd be surprised if it amounted to much, in terms of increased effectiveness, but there may be something there when it comes to leveraging their repositions with it, rather than attack mods. I can't even imagine how complicated that would make them to fly though.

12 hours ago, Des Darklighter said:

That looks like a really fun list to fly. I flew a very similar list (Obi, Mace, and Luminara with 7B and 2 with R2 Astromech) and was impressed with the maneuverability and action economy from the force.

I like the CLT, but I was concerned that it wouldn’t trigger enough for the cost. Did you find that you were able to trigger the bullseye attacks enough for it to be worth it over giving 7B to 2 of them (and cutting some force upgrades if necessary)?

The times I’ve flown this list Ive clown against lower Initiative ships, so it was easier to get that bullseye lined up. Also, I found that the equal initiative ships were worried about me lining it up and it affected my opponents choices. 

8 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I thought we lost you to Legion!

I still LOVE Legion. It’s so good. But X-Wing is a blast as well. To be honest, I’m a bit burned out on painting, terrain building, and community building. Being able to just play a quick game of X-Wing has been very refreshing. 

9 hours ago, Force Majeure said:

I thought we lost you to Legion!

I thought you were talking to me for a second 😅 I’m trying to get into Legion but I’m not gonna leave X-Wing either 😜

2 hours ago, Cuz05 said:

*snip*

I mean yeah I’m sure it sucks but. I still want to try it out just for the jank.

15 hours ago, Pooleman said:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (53)    
    Brilliant Evasion (6)  

This seems like an odd combination to me, but I've only flown Jedi's one time, and I've never flown Obi-Wan.  Wouldn't Obi-Wan take focus typically, and then use the force to get it back again if needed?  How does Brilliant Evasion help him?

1 hour ago, eljms said:

This seems like an odd combination to me, but I've only flown Jedi's one time, and I've never flown Obi-Wan.  Wouldn't Obi-Wan take focus typically, and then use the force to get it back again if needed?  How does Brilliant Evasion help him?

That’s is a really good point. I’m going with predictive shot instead. 

3 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I mean yeah I’m sure it sucks but. I still want to try it out just for the jank.

I'm pretty positive it would be hilarious fun with the repositions :D

I kind of imagine having 2 wings of 2, R2 apart, flinging the coords at the pair who seem in the most opportune position. 

I'm a bit of a noob. What makes R4 Astromechs so good? The Aethersprite already has a decent dial. Also the Delta 7B. Is reducing defence dice worth it?

Again I am a noob so I'm genuinely asking to get better.

Posted (edited)
On 4/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, Spartan_Dude said:

I'm a bit of a noob. What makes R4 Astromechs so good? The Aethersprite already has a decent dial. Also the Delta 7B. Is reducing defence dice worth it?

Again I am a noob so I'm genuinely asking to get better.

The variation in red moves on the dial is possibly the best thing about it. Being able to clear stress on a 1 hard is particularly awesome in tight spaces. Only having banks after a red also makes a ship pretty predictable. I'm still vaguely on the fence as to whether R4 is actually that good on them, but mainly because there are so many other good options. It is very cheap though, which makes it a decent choice.

7B, it's the extra attack dice without having to work the bullseye, that's well worth paying for. Losing a defence dice to gain 2 shields is a bit of a wash when it comes to survivability but it does make you a lot less prone to variance. So it's easier to assess the risks you need to take.

Both really come down to points. You can go cheaper without losing much in effectiveness but it takes much more skill to really leverage it. R2 and 7B are just solid choices and lessen the burden of execution considerably. You're paying for reliability,  I'd say.

Edited by Cuz05

On 4/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, Spartan_Dude said:

I'm a bit of a noob. What makes R4 Astromechs so good?

They also tie in well with Saesee Tiins ability, with that droid, any Jedi ship can dial in any speed 2 manoeuvre and if needed, change it to any other speed 2 manoeuvre.

I have been running this to decent success. 

New Squadron

(60) Anakin Skywalker [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(4) R2 Astromech
(10) Calibrated Laser Targeting

(46) Mace Windu [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B
(2) R4 Astromech

(44) Saesee Tiin [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(16) Delta-7B
(2) R4 Astromech

Total points: 200

Mace and Saesee run together.  Anakin does his own thing.  I find CLT triggers often enough.  The R2 is there to help keep him alive.  If he lossed a shield, i disengage,  manuever to not get targeted, and regen the shield.  The R4 astromechs open up Saesees ability.