Thrst77

Best current first order lists?

5 hours ago, Whippoorwills said:

I tried this last night and it went really well. I just threw it together so there might be room for improvement.

Lieutenant Tavson (62)    
    Captain Phasma (5)    

Ship total: 67  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 6    

Kylo Ren (76)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 3    

"Quickdraw" (45)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200

Tavson, Kylo and QD are the FO's best pilots by a country mile. Stick them in a list together, add Spec Forces Gunner (mandatory upgrade on QD), then sprinkle a few upgrades to your tastes. 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, Cloaker said:

Been flying FanFCSion list, (5 Omega Squadron Experts with FCS and Fanatical) made top 8 cut at one Hyperspace and would have made cut at another if it weren't for some slightly questionable mucking of game state by an opponent 🤔

Tried this tonight at my local. Good fun! Thanks for the suggestion. 

On 4/26/2019 at 2:51 PM, Captain Mayhem said:

I've been thinking of flying 4 Omegas with SF Gunner, FCS, and Fanatical.  Having 3 or possibly 4 reds might have a bit more punch and go through, which might offset not having a fifth chassis on board.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, Cloaker said:

I tried that same list early on. Almost always lose a ship in the alpha, and having three ships at init 3 really made things difficult to chase down or block aces and getting one SF stressed at any point after made it fall apart. Having an extra 6 HP, extra blocker and 10 firing arc options messes with my opponent's target priority a bit more. But your mileage may vary!

3 Hull/3 Shields/Agility 2 isn't exactly fragile, but it's well within the range where, as @Cloaker says, losing a ship in the opening engagement is possible - and quite possibly before it ever shoots. At that point, you're down to equal numbers against triple aces lists, with inferior ships. That fifth ship is a huge deal. 

If lacking a 3rd red die bugs you too much, you could always try missile-armed special forces. Special Forces Gunner is expensive - justifiably so, but generics might not live long enough or shoot early enough to get mileage out of it.

Zeta Squadron Survivor / Fire Control System / Ion Missiles gives you a quintet of three-dice attacks at any range - including out the back end, which the SF gunner doesn't. Yes, you can't inflict multiple damage with an ion missile attack, but ionizing a target in front of a 5-ship swarm with persistant target locks is pretty close to a death sentance anyway.... Alternatively, cluster or concussion missiles gives you 'true' three dice attacks if you can find the extra points (probably by dumping off fire control)

On 4/30/2019 at 5:43 AM, Deffly said:

Tavson, Kylo and QD are the FO's best pilots by a country mile. Stick them in a list together, add Spec Forces Gunner (mandatory upgrade on QD), then sprinkle a few upgrades to your tastes. 

While I agree, you don’t think price decreases make other pilots attractive options? There seem to be other good abilities, just maybe not worth the points. 

4 hours ago, dsul413 said:

While I agree, you don’t think price decreases make other pilots attractive options? There seem to be other good abilities, just maybe not worth the points. 

Yes and no. 

Look at two of the ships, the silencer and the upsilon. 

The Silencer already got a price decrease (along with losing the Mod slot), do you really see the I1 going below its current point and potentially having 4 on the board at once? 

I personally don't think it would be too OP but it won't happen. 

Same with the Upsilon, no one wants to see 4 on the board at once and they are already delicately balanced (except for Dormitz but that's another story). I could see a small decrease across the board, leaving Tavson as the most expensive pilot. 

I made top 8 at a 42 person Hyperspace Trial on the weekend flying the following:

FO Fat Aces

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer]
(5) Pattern Analyzer
(24) Supernatural Reflexes
(12) Proton Torpedoes

(45) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(3) Elusive
(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Shield Upgrade
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(5) Pattern Analyzer

Total points: 188

It was a lot of fun and could hang with most lists with some patient flying. I went 4-1 in Swiss, losing to the eventual winner Julian Hood in Swiss and the first cut game. Discussion with Julian and Phil GC and experience on the day has convinced me to drop the Shield Upgrade on Quickdraw for Afterburners. Phil also recommended Crack Shot (and I would also consider Fanatical) in place of Elusive, although using Elusive to take shields one at a time was nice.

14 hours ago, Deffly said:

Yes and no. 

Look at two of the ships, the silencer and the upsilon. 

The Silencer already got a price decrease (along with losing the Mod slot), do you really see the I1 going below its current point and potentially having 4 on the board at once? 

I personally don't think it would be too OP but it won't happen. 

Again, if a ship is non-competitive, but is held back by the idea that one more on the table would be ''too much'', they just need to errata some limited dot on that sucka. I know they're not supposed to alter existing card, but I believe this is by far the best balancing mechanic you can have, they used it for other ships, and yet they are hesitant to add it to existing ship!

On 5/7/2019 at 9:38 AM, wurms said:

Interesting, South Carolina Trials had three Kylo, Tavson, Starkillers make the top 8:

https://listfortress.com/tournaments/625

Just flew kylo with proton torps and two starkillers. I like it. Definately see why this archetype wins.

Played vs Fat Han and Wedge.

Used the upsilon big guns to force han to boost into kylos torps. Did the same with wedge.

If Ups best move is 2 hard, do it and point kylos torps where wedge has to go to dodge that Ups arc and BLAMO! Dead wedge. Jamming wedge helps also :)

Posted (edited)

I'm going to try this and see what I can cut if I need a bid for an Extended format event next weekend.  I have been going about 50% W/L ratio with it. 

Kylo Ren 76

Hate 3

Pattern Analyser 5

Total 84

Quickdraw 45

Fanatical 2

FCS 2

Pattern Analyser 5

SF Gunner 10

Shield Up 6

Total 70

Midnight 44

Fanatical 2

Total 46

Grand Total 200

Edited by DarthMuz
typo

1 hour ago, DarthMuz said:

I'm going to try this and see what I can cut if I need a bid for an Extended format event next weekend.  I have been going about 50% W/L ratio with it. 

Kylo Ren 76

Hate 3

Pattern Analyser 5

Total 84

Quickdraw 45

Fanatical 2

FCS 2

Pattern Analyser 5

SF Gunner 10

Shield Up 6

Total 70

Midnight 44

Fanatical 2

Total 46

Grand Total 200

First thing I would suggest would be the SU on QD, but that's only if you need a bid. Also, swapping it for Afterburners is another good way to go. 

23 minutes ago, Muppetfluffer said:

Kylo with Hate or Optics, 2 testpilots with fana. Anyone tried something like that?

I've done two FOTP+Fanatical with BO (TS+Protons) and also two with Tavson. Solid, but variance can kill you sometimes. Would love to have 1.0 Sensor Cluster back in the game. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:50 AM, Deffly said:

It's already possible at quick build events - the Sienar-Jaemus Engineer is a threat 2 quick build choice. There aren't that many quick build events where people pay attention to the results, so I can't offer you anything in the way of performance data, but the option is there, and it strikes me as one of the best first order quick build squads.

It's certainly a more effective choice than the Epsilon Squadron Cadet, which for reasons best known to whichever nurk in FFG designs quick build cards, is an I1 TIE fighter which spends points on a targeting synchroniser - when virtually no FO quick builds pack ordnance and all the ones that do have significantly better initiative.

2 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

It's already possible at quick build events - the Sienar-Jaemus Engineer is a threat 2 quick build choice. There aren't that many quick build events where people pay attention to the results, so I can't offer you anything in the way of performance data, but the option is there, and it strikes me as one of the best first order quick build squads.

It's certainly a more effective choice than the Epsilon Squadron Cadet, which for reasons best known to whichever nurk in FFG designs quick build cards, is an I1 TIE fighter which spends points on a targeting synchroniser - when virtually no FO quick builds pack ordnance and all the ones that do have significantly better initiative.

Four Starkiller Base Pilots seems like a decent Quickbuild squad!

What about this list, i call "Fanatical Swarm"? Essentially, you got 4x FO aces that have passive and focus mods.

“Quickdraw” (45)
Fanatical (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Special Forces Gunner (10)

“Backdraft” (41)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

“Midnight” (44)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

“Scorch” (35)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

= OR =

Another list i call "Faux Salad" (GET IT?)  Trying to see if there's a valid list that brings a mix of FO ships that work.

“Quickdraw” (45)
Fanatical (2)
Special Forces Gunner (10)

“Blackout” (64)
Trick Shot (2)
Pattern Analyzer (5)

“Scorch” (35)
Fanatical (2)

“Longshot” (33)
Fanatical (2)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

@FastWalker I have been trying to find the same thing. I flew a similar list using those pilots and this is what I came up with.

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Scorch” - 37
    •“Scorch” - Zeta Leader (35)
        Fanatical (2)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Backdraft” - 47
    •“Backdraft” - Fiery Fanatic (41)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Ion Missiles (4)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Null” - 31
    •“Null” - Epsilon Ace (31)

TIE/vn Silencer - •Kylo Ren - 84
    •Kylo Ren - Tormented Apprentice (76)
        Hate (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Amc879 said:

@FastWalker I have been trying to find the same thing. I flew a similar list using those pilots and this is what I came up with.

@Amc879, How successful is your list? Personally, i haven't flown FO as much as I'd like to. I'm just having too much fun with the Republic and CIS.

Perhaps, its time i fly new factions. 

Edited by FastWalker

I have beaten rebel aces, lost to a vulture swarm because I misplayed it. Kylo could've won that game on his own but I had him in a bad spot

On 5/19/2019 at 12:57 AM, Amc879 said:

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Scorch” - 37
    •“Scorch” - Zeta Leader (35)
        Fanatical (2)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Backdraft” - 47
    •“Backdraft” - Fiery Fanatic (41)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Ion Missiles (4)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Null” - 31
    •“Null” - Epsilon Ace (31)

TIE/vn Silencer - •Kylo Ren - 84
    •Kylo Ren - Tormented Apprentice (76)
        Hate (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

Total: 199/200

Thanks.List two works for me less ion missile for the bid. Not a list I'd normally even think of. Null steers clear of the action first 3 get stuck in. Null picks off stragglers.😀 2-1 .