Thrst77

Best current first order lists?

Posted (edited)

Kylo Double Upsilon, or Quickdraw Double Ups probably best list they got right now.

Really good players can make super kylo, quickdraw, and null work.

There is also a 4 ship Tavson list with Tavson, Quickdraw,Scorch and Muse that has had moderate success.

Those are probably the best (most successful) FO lists at the moment.

Edited by wurms

Posted (edited)

Kylo, Tavson & Thanisson/Starkiller

Quickdraw, Kylo, Tavson 

Quickdraw, Kylo, Null

There seems to be a pattern here.... 

Also https://pinksquadron.dk/pbm/?sid=18&q=faction overview is good to look it over. 

I made top 4/8 at two Hyperspace trials with very tough opposition (Foss's & Morgan Reid in the pool) with Kylo, Tavson and Thanisson (all Naked). Morgan took one out with QD, Kylo, Tavson. 

Unfortunately FO is in a rough spot as they only have a couple decent pilots, poor crew options and two chassies that can't really go down in points to improve their performance. 

Edited by Deffly

I really want to try Kylo + blackout at next hyperspace event. I previously made Top 8 cut with Kylo + quickdraw + Zeta survivor, but now am tempted by Kylo + blackout. Only thing i'm wondering if one should go all in into Kylo + blackout + muse (squad leader) for a super alpha strike, or more like Kylo + blackout + scorch, and play more like a regular triple ace list.

The biggest counter to this is, IMO, rebel beef. They have way too many health to reliably alpha strike, they are hard to approach, and it's very hard to pass them by after the first engagement like you could do against other squad. 

Kylo + Supernatural Reflexes, Primed Thrusters, Proton Torpedoes 

Blackout + Trick Shot, Pattern Analyzer 

192 pts 

I used Gas Clouds which are aces super-friendly. 

Rebel Beef isn't as scary as they are predictable. You can run away form them and bite from different angles to win on points. More scary are Ini6 ships especially for Blackout (Kylo can outmanuever them using Supernaturals). 

List is exhausting to play: I've ended every game on time often winning with the last roll like 149:132 (against Rebel Beef) or 136:132 (against Inferno swarm). (132 is Blackout and half Kylo). 

But it's very fun to play: I sometimes pulled like Troll + barrel + boost with Kylo for double stress to avoid being shot or to unleash Torpedoes using TL from previous round. Blackout with Pattern doing actions after K-turn/Tallon over Gas Cloud is also great. 

2 hours ago, Oldpara said:

192 pts 

Rebel Beef isn't as scary as they are predictable. You can run away form them and bite from different angles to win on points. More scary are Ini6 ships especially for Blackout (Kylo can outmanuever them using Supernaturals). 

List is exhausting to play: I've ended every game on time often winning with the last roll like 149:132 (against Rebel Beef) or 136:132 (against Inferno swarm). (132 is Blackout and half Kylo). 

But it's very fun to play: I sometimes pulled like Troll + barrel + boost with Kylo for double stress to avoid being shot or to unleash Torpedoes using TL from previous round. Blackout with Pattern doing actions after K-turn/Tallon over Gas Cloud is also great. 

Why Protons on Kylo, not Blackout (not both obviously)? 

I have run this list but Torps on BO instead? 

3 hours ago, Oldpara said:

192 pts 

Do you think Blackout is better than QD in this 2-ship list?

QD seems to be very good at destroying the Ini6 and other threats for Kylo. After QD dying Kylo is hopefully able to win on his own.

I'm 14-2 with Kylo and 2 baby Ups, all naked. It's a very solid list although I have not fully optimized my approach yet with the Ups being a new kind of ship for me. (Never flew Lambda's and the like).

It has a LOT of beef and not inconsiderable firepower, while also threatening the late game point fortress that is Kylo.

2 hours ago, NABLA_OPERATOR said:

Do you think Blackout is better than QD in this 2-ship list?

QD seems to be very good at destroying the Ini6 and other threats for Kylo. After QD dying Kylo is hopefully able to win on his own.

I just wanted play 2 Silencers. Blackout is more maneuverable. It is possible that QD is stronger. 

3 hours ago, Deffly said:

Why Protons on Kylo, not Blackout (not both obviously)? 

I have run this list but Torps on BO instead? 

Kylo is more tanky, lives longer and have double mods. He's endgame ship and you want him to be more expensive.

How about this list? 

TIE/sf Fighter - Zeta Squadron Survivor - 40
    Zeta Squadron Survivor - (34)
        Concussion Missiles (6)

Concussion Missiles (6)

Concussion Missiles (6)

TIE/vn Silencer - •Kylo Ren - 76
    •Kylo Ren - Tormented Apprentice (76)

Total: 196/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I got top 10 out of 33 players at a Hyperspace Trial two weeks back. Of course there were only 3 First Order lists (mine included) at that event one of which was the 4 ship list someone previously mentioned.

2 hours ago, battlestarbill said:

It seems like people are more accepting of 2 fat ace type ships when they there both small base it seems. Kylo blackout, kylo QuickDraw, Luke wedge, and fenn guri. Why do you suppose that is?

I haven't really seen two ship, small base lists do well at all. Every once in a while you'll see one make the cut, but its rare.

Kylo plus 2 Ups is the best FO right now. It gives you to extremes as far as list archetypes go. The Ups are an extreme support ship as they are pretty darn tanky with 12 hitpoints plus reinforce and they can also make things explode with 4 primary attack. Kylo is on the extreme side of aces since he's 6 hitpoints behind 3 agility plus 2 force. You can make mistakes with Kylo and still pull a victory out.

Posted (edited)

Been flying FanFCSion list, (5 Omega Squadron Experts with FCS and Fanatical) made top 8 cut at one Hyperspace and would have made cut at another if it weren't for some slightly questionable mucking of game state by an opponent 🤔

It's 30 health behind 2 agility, with passive offensive mod and solid defensive mod once you're into hull (take evade action once shields are down if you're not being focus fired.) Have beaten the 5 Resistance A's, Inferno Swarm, Separatist swarm + Sith Infiltrator and Rebel Beef with it at those two Hyperspace Trials. Beat Handbrake ID Han in casual play a couple of weeks ago too. Just point your turret backwards and don't ever move it. 10 firing arcs to deal with. If going against a 2 or 3 ship ace list, you lock one with all of them during a round where it's optimal. Then hunt the others. Having a 1 and 5 forward, as well as all turns available, is amazing. You're at initiative 3 across the board, so you can initiative kill lower ships, and get your blocking game on aces as you have 5 moving in whatever order you want. 

It ain't glamorous though. The trick is managing the engagement. 

Edited by Cloaker

1 hour ago, Cloaker said:

Been flying FanFCSion list, (5 Omega Squadron Experts with FCS and Fanatical) made top 8 cut at one Hyperspace and would have made cut at another if it weren't for some slightly questionable mucking of game state by an opponent 🤔

It's 30 health behind 2 agility, with passive offensive mod and solid defensive mod once you're into hull (take evade action once shields are down if you're not being focus fired.) Have beaten the 5 Resistance A's, Inferno Swarm, Separatist swarm + Sith Infiltrator and Rebel Beef with it at those two Hyperspace Trials. Beat Handbrake ID Han in casual play a couple of weeks ago too. Just point your turret backwards and don't ever move it. 10 firing arcs to deal with. If going against a 2 or 3 ship ace list, you lock one with all of them during a round where it's optimal. Then hunt the others. Having a 1 and 5 forward, as well as all turns available, is amazing. You're at initiative 3 across the board, so you can initiative kill lower ships, and get your blocking game on aces as you have 5 moving in whatever order you want. 

This is very similar to what I've been doing and have been successful as well. 

It's far more important to understand your opponents than anything else. If you know what they're going to do, you can position yourself to win. 

The list is a hammer, not much else. 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:51 AM, wurms said:

Kylo Double Upsilon, or Quickdraw Double Ups probably best list they got right now.

Really good players can make super kylo, quickdraw, and null work.

There is also a 4 ship Tavson list with Tavson, Quickdraw,Scorch and Muse that has had moderate success.

Those are probably the best (most successful) FO lists at the moment.

ive used the Tavson,Qd,Sch and muse. its solid, but it lacks something that makes it "that good list" But its fun and ive gone 50/50 in 6 games so far

I flew Kylo and two Starkiller Base Pilot shuttles last night. It was surprisingly fun. The shuttles are either going to kill, maim, and destroy anything in front of them, or swing and miss and never get a shot again. The PA red stop was brutally effective and let me wipe two ships off the board with range one target locked shots. 

Kylo Ren (76)    

Starkiller Base Pilot (56)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)  

Starkiller Base Pilot (56)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)    

Total: 198    

I put this together after the points adjustment changed Null, but have really gotten any play time in the past couple months. Ran it vs, 4 Phantoms the other night and got a hard fought win.  This is not an easy button list, but it had some tools:

🔫🌃🔥👨‍🔬

(45) "Quickdraw" [TIE/sf Fighter]
(10) Special Forces Gunner
(2) Fire-Control System
(6) Shield Upgrade
(3) Swarm Tactics

(44) "Midnight" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical

(35) "Scorch" [TIE/fo Fighter]
(2) Fanatical

(36) Omega Squadron Expert [TIE/sf Fighter]
(6) Collision Detector
(6) Concussion Missiles
(2) Trick Shot

Total points: 199

I have had success with this list. It can fly in a nice formation vs things like A wings, or split up and run away from Rebel Beef. It is a nice balanced team that can either play a jousty list or not depending on the day. I like it the most because opponents don't know by looking at it what the strategy/kill order is.

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Backdraft” - 43
    •“Backdraft” - Fiery Fanatic (41)
        Trick Shot (2)

TIE/vn Silencer - •Kylo Ren - 84
    •Kylo Ren - Tormented Apprentice (76)
        Hate (3)
        Pattern Analyzer (5)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Scorch” - 37
    •“Scorch” - Zeta Leader (35)
        Fanatical (2)

TIE/fo Fighter - •“Longshot” - 35
    •“Longshot” - Zeta Ace (33)
        Fanatical (2)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

On 4/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, Cloaker said:

I've been thinking of flying 4 Omegas with SF Gunner, FCS, and Fanatical.  Having 3 or possibly 4 reds might have a bit more punch and go through, which might offset not having a fifth chassis on board.

1 minute ago, Captain Mayhem said:

I've been thinking of flying 4 Omegas with SF Gunner, FCS, and Fanatical.  Having 3 or possibly 4 reds might have a bit more punch and go through, which might offset not having a fifth chassis on board.

I tried that same list early on. Almost always lose a ship in the alpha, and having three ships at init 3 really made things difficult to chase down or block aces and getting one SF stressed at any point after made it fall apart. Having an extra 6 HP, extra blocker and 10 firing arc options messes with my opponent's target priority a bit more. But your mileage may vary!

20 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

I tried that same list early on. Almost always lose a ship in the alpha, and having three ships at init 3 really made things difficult to chase down or block aces and getting one SF stressed at any point after made it fall apart. Having an extra 6 HP, extra blocker and 10 firing arc options messes with my opponent's target priority a bit more. But your mileage may vary!

Thanks for the 411. I think I might try that 5 list. I always liked the SF, and always ran at least 2 in any FO list i used.

Posted (edited)

I tried this last night and it went really well. I just threw it together so there might be room for improvement.

Lieutenant Tavson (62)    
    Captain Phasma (5)    

Ship total: 67  Half Points: 34  Threshold: 6    

Kylo Ren (76)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    

Ship total: 80  Half Points: 40  Threshold: 3    

"Quickdraw" (45)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200