bobafett1228

why ffg?

15 minutes ago, RStan said:

So han just does the 4 forward, doesn't get shot by the 4 forward block ship or the 1 forward block ship. What valuable shots are going at Han then that does meaningful damage since that 4 forward if dialed in likely still gives him a range 1 to a rock for mods? Also, it's more likely Han is actually doing a 3 bank or 3 turn (potentially either direction) in most games. 

oh sure, lets move the goal posts.

2 hours ago, AceDogbert said:

I see you are a man of culture as well, Arvel Crynyd is a marvellous thing to place on the board.

Have you considered pairing him with a Ion&VTG Horton Salm? It is rather effective.

I am pretty set with either of the lists I posted. Also, I seem to have very bad luck with Y-Wings for some reason. Just for the sake of argument who should Horton replace? Ten or Braylen?

On 4/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, Cav Scout said:

I am pretty set with either of the lists I posted. Also, I seem to have very bad luck with Y-Wings for some reason. Just for the sake of argument who should Horton replace? Ten or Braylen?

Honestly, I'd lean towards Braylen. Ten's ability allows him to clear his stress, while Braylen's does not. Cassian being present helps to mitigate this, but I prefer to use his ability to keep Crynyd unstressed.

Posted (edited)
On 4/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, nikk whyte said:

you don't have to be in 8 places. you block the 4 forward and the 1 forward. congrats, you just blocked everything but the hard stop, and you're now at range one of han.

He probably won’t do a 1 fwd.  A little edge I’ve not seen discussed is that ID incentivises the Falcon to go fast all the time because it creates the largest gap in the table between possible end positions if he IDs, and thus the highest likelihood that ID will duck arcs.

He *might* go slow but I’d always start by planning for 4 straight and 3 turns.

Edited by TheCeilican

3 hours ago, TheCeilican said:

He probably won’t do a 1 fwd.  A little edge I’ve not seen discussed is that ID incentivises the Falcon to go fast all the time because it creates the largest gap in the table between possible end positions if he IDs, and thus the highest likelihood that ID will duck arcs.

He *might* go slow but I’d always start by planning for 4 straight and 3 turns.

you're missing the point, he hasnt dialed in a 1 forward. its to block his hard stop - boost. 

On 4/22/2019 at 10:57 AM, nikk whyte said:

oh sure, lets move the goal posts.

He didn't move the goalposts. Han is totally fine bumping a ship if it means he's not taking meaningful shots in response. R2D2 crew means Han is fine as long as he's not taking a lot of focus fire, and if two of your ships are dedicated to trying to block him he's winning. 

3 hours ago, Micanthropyre said:

He didn't move the goalposts. Han is totally fine bumping a ship if it means he's not taking meaningful shots in response. R2D2 crew means Han is fine as long as he's not taking a lot of focus fire, and if two of your ships are dedicated to trying to block him he's winning. 

I mean yes. the goal posts have moved. We went from "han can be in 8 places" to "you have to block his entire dial"

which is true of every ship at any time. sooooo han is exactly as hard to block as any other ship.