Jump to content
EagleScoutof007

Thoughts on the new Heavies?

Recommended Posts

Just now, SpiderMana said:

How badly will the Clones screw up that mindset? And the Beachtroopers have that same coordinated fire ability too, yeah?

No, the detachment guns that come with Shoretroopers and Rebel Vets have that ability, not the units themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Still, the introduction of the keyword allows you to create bigger dice pools more often. That's all I'm saying. Maybe it'll shake up the pure activation spam meta a bit *shrug*

I don't see how it would do that. It seems to me it would just make it easier to kill tough expensive things. Using it on minimum Corps units will just cause more spillover of excess wounds. I'm more afraid it's going to accelerate activation spam given how cheap the mortar and Vet's gun are, but I'm relatively sure FFG wouldn't screw the pooch that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arnoldrew said:

I don't see how it would do that. It seems to me it would just make it easier to kill tough expensive things. Using it on minimum Corps units will just cause more spillover of excess wounds. I'm more afraid it's going to accelerate activation spam given how cheap the mortar and Vet's gun are, but I'm relatively sure FFG wouldn't screw the pooch that bad.

as far as the shore and vet troopers emplacement gun goes they are going to take up more corps spots as they aren't support units. so we will see less trooper spam with them also the mortar team has already been leaked out as just being the mortar from the at-st. i see the at-st being used more with the other pilot and shore trooper/mortar team more but they won't help kill more expensive things faster i mean they both only have 1 health per mini and at max 6 units and still no pierce/impact combo to help take down expensive units faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Still, the introduction of the keyword allows you to create bigger dice pools more often. That's all I'm saying. Maybe it'll shake up the pure activation spam meta a bit *shrug*

Ah! I was wondering why we hadn't had a new "sniper/activation is killing the game" thread for a week. Looks like we are hijacking other threads now. : P

In all seriousness bigger dice pools push more damage over cover than the same amount of dice in smaller pools. If that helps take units off the table quick enough it might just make a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Qark said:

Ah! I was wondering why we hadn't had a new "sniper/activation is killing the game" thread for a week. Looks like we are hijacking other threads now. : P

In all seriousness bigger dice pools push more damage over cover than the same amount of dice in smaller pools. If that helps take units off the table quick enough it might just make a difference. 

I really need a signature for this board with a disclaimer that “I haven’t played any Legion yet outside of an Adepticon demo, so my opinions are made up based on what I’ve read here.” 😅

(But yes your second paragraph was what I was getting at.)

Edited by SpiderMana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1

22 minutes ago, EagleScoutof007 said:

Can we please get back on topic? 

are the new heavies worth it yes they are.
for imps the two pilots are definatly worth it. the arbmad gives you free aim token for a standard move, which all you have to do is move a inch to get that. and the hammerhead pilot gives you surge to hit.
the rebel scum pilots are 50/50 as in one is really good the other is okay to bad. outer rim is the best as it gives you cover 1 on top of your cover 1 both vehicles get and the armor they get, while the other pilot is a tapable speed up or down any 1 move only pilot.
both vehicles are awesome transport vehicles that can really cause some good flanking or turn 1 drop off of troops in enemy front yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a thought on the previous page, but had no response. Would it be viable for the landspeeder to transport a wounded strike team(sniper or sabator)? I haven't tried yet, but I know it's risky, but if done well, could it be worth it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

the other pilot is a tapable speed up or down any 1 move only pilot.

How expensive is he? If you're banking on using this thing to transport, that extra speed could be valuable, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EagleScoutof007 said:

I had a thought on the previous page, but had no response. Would it be viable for the landspeeder to transport a wounded strike team(sniper or sabator)? I haven't tried yet, but I know it's risky, but if done well, could it be worth it? 

well you will be taking a unit out of action for 2 rounds basicly and if its at the back of the line 2 units out for 2 rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

How expensive is he? If you're banking on using this thing to transport, that extra speed could be valuable, no?

not expensive just for him being tappable and you need a round to use a action to recover to use him again not sure if its even worth the 5 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jake the Hutt said:

Who is worth transporting in the speeder? I feel like Leia or han will just get chewed up if they're dropped of by themselves, and Luke, Jyn and Sabine are already very mobile. Chewie?

for imps: snows, irg, eweb, vader, palp.
For rebels: luke, chewie, jyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

for imps: snows, irg, eweb, vader, palp.
For rebels: luke, chewie, jyn.

I keep thinking Luke is mobile enough on his own, but I'll have ti try it out. But Jyn can start wherever she wants. Although I guess you could use the speeder to reposition her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jake the Hutt said:

I keep thinking Luke is mobile enough on his own, but I'll have ti try it out. But Jyn can start wherever she wants. Although I guess you could use the speeder to reposition her.

while they might be mobile they don't have the best defense all the time. add in the space jokey for cover 2 to cross the field fast. also you can play their command cards to get out of the vehicle to charge. (provided you don't move after your compulsary move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, EagleScoutof007 said:

I had a thought on the previous page, but had no response. Would it be viable for the landspeeder to transport a wounded strike team(sniper or sabator)? I haven't tried yet, but I know it's risky, but if done well, could it be worth it? 

Getting the timing lined up might be difficult since you're depending on your opponent to kill one and only one of your strike team and the speeder has compulsory movement which could take it out of range while you wait. 

If you do time it right, the best combination would be shoot with the sniper, move to embark, then move the speeder full speed all in one round. Then next round, move the speeder no more than once, disembark with the sniper/saboteur and attack with their 2nd action.

That could help a suicidal saboteur get in range of multiple units or reposition a sniper which is fairly situational. But the difficulty of getting it lined up plus the risk of losing the model if the speeder takes a wound make it difficult overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Getting the timing lined up might be difficult since you're depending on your opponent to kill one and only one of your strike team and the speeder has compulsory movement which could take it out of range while you wait. 

If you do time it right, the best combination would be shoot with the sniper, move to embark, then move the speeder full speed all in one round. Then next round, move the speeder no more than once, disembark with the sniper/saboteur and attack with their 2nd action.

That could help a suicidal saboteur get in range of multiple units or reposition a sniper which is fairly situational. But the difficulty of getting it lined up plus the risk of losing the model if the speeder takes a wound make it difficult overall.

I first thought of the saboteur since i could corner peak and set off the charge. Ive been trying to think other units transport besides name. Chewy might be the best because he doesn't mind taking a few wounds. I've had fun with Wookies lately. I'm asking on here so im not giving clues to my group about what I'll do. We're in the middle of a league. I want to surprise them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, EagleScoutof007 said:

I first thought of the saboteur since i could corner peak and set off the charge. Ive been trying to think other units transport besides name. Chewy might be the best because he doesn't mind taking a few wounds. I've had fun with Wookies lately. I'm asking on here so im not giving clues to my group about what I'll do. We're in the middle of a league. I want to surprise them. 

I see where you're going now. Between commandos, the saboteur would be the better shock value. You'll need to embark and move at the end of one turn and then pop out and bomb the beginning of the next turn to avoid being shot.

Chewie is good with his Enrage. And Luke is good to transport into the middle of your opponent. While Luke's speed is already decent, it's not as fast as 3 speed-2 moves on a large base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...