Sign in to follow this  
Guest Not In Sample

Custom Investigator Cards & Monsters

Guest Not In Sample

I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this. There's one for investigators, ancient ones, heralds and guardians. This is one for items/spells/skills/allies and monsters.

enchantedcrossbowfrontf.jpg

You might think Enchanted Crossbow is overpriced but I disagree. Shotgun is the best physical weapon in the game and it's too cheap for $6. It should cost at least $7 even $8. Sure, the Crossbow can cost $8-$9 but magical weapons are really that much better than physical weapons IMO.

Guest Not In Sample

Avi_dreader said:

There are, dig back a few pages and find the ones you want instead of starting a new thread.

What? It's the first time I'm posting the items in this thread.

Hipsu said:

Come on Kroen, this is even started by you:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

Didn't see a point to bump such an old thread. I don't see what's wrong in starting a semi identical thread when the old one isn't even on this page.

The point is to not lose the old creations.  If there was a proper moderator for these forums, things like that would be stickied, but there isn't, so you'll actually have to do a minute of work to find something.

Guest Not In Sample

Lose? the thread hadn't been bumped for like ever. Apparently it wasn't very improtant to people. Also the fact that a new thread is opened doesn't magically make the old one go away. The search option is exists for a reason.

Guest Not In Sample

How about you stop being so serious like it's your home that I'm violating here? IMO, it's better to start a new thread, than to bump 2 old ones (monster thread and item thread). There's no rule against what I'm doing. If anything, I'm pretty sure there's a rule against bumping very old threads.

krakenfrontface.jpg

Flavor: You can't evade, confront or battle a Kraken without some scars (if not more than that), mental or physical.

kroen said:

How about you stop being so serious like it's your home that I'm violating here? IMO, it's better to start a new thread, than to bump 2 old ones (monster thread and item thread). There's no rule against what I'm doing. If anything, I'm pretty sure there's a rule against bumping very old threads.

If there is such a rule (which there isn't), you violated it last week when you dredged up a 2009 comments thread.

Here is an actual rule.  It's actually the first rule.

"Write your messages to the appropiate forum, and if you would like to open a new tpoic, please check first to make sure there is not another topic similar to the one you propose."

By the way, do you ever stop and wonder why you are the only person in the entire history of this forum to post low quality images, and then while being asked to upload higher quality images, to essentially ignore the request and continue doing so?

Guest Not In Sample

First off, I'm doing the forum a favor by entwining 2 threads into one instead of bumping the two threads and take two page lines out or 13, letting other threads surface more time before moving to the next page.

Second, as I've already said and explained multiple times, uploading low quality images is faster and perfectly easy to read and understand online, unless, maybe, if you're semi-blind but I doubt that's the case. And, again, as I've already said, I'd be more than happy to reupload higher quality images if the person who asks me to wants to print that particular image. There is zero point of uploading everything in high quality if only 10% of them would be printed. Unless I'm violating another rule stating it's forbidden to upload low quality images? I thought so. Stop being so melodramatic and for the love of god stop overreacting and minimodding.

Guest Not In Sample

Avi_dreader said:

Apparently you still haven't reflected on why you have been repeatedly banned from forums.

Because I'm always right and people hate it. Point proven: you didn't even replied to my post. That's because you can't.

kroen said:

Avi_dreader said:

Apparently you still haven't reflected on why you have been repeatedly banned from forums.

Because I'm always right and people hate it. Point proven: you didn't even replied to my post. That's because you can't.

Has it occurred to you that I don't want to spend my time interacting with you at this point?   Arrogance and lack of self-awareness?  No thank you.

Guest Not In Sample

lololololol avi calling me arrogant lulz

guess it takes one to know one

kroen said:

lololololol avi calling me arrogant lulz

guess it takes one to know one

Oh good.  More time wasted.  The fact that you could say something as ridiculous as "I'm always right" pretty much says everything.  

But again, you're right, and everyone else is wrong.  Good for you.  Give yourself a pat on the head.

Still, it interests me how even after I point out the exact rule you violated by creating this thread, you continue trying to justify yourself instead of just saying a one or two word apology and behaving in accordance to the forum rules.  Hipsu even found you the exact thread and you wouldn't post there.  Instead you want to discard a 19 page thread.  Good for you again.

Guest Not In Sample

AGAIN, the fact that no one hasn't bumped that thread in MONTHS says something. Also, as I've already said, but I'll repeat myself because obviously you have memory issues, that thread doesn't go anywhere. If you anyone wants to read it, the search option exists for a reason. Hell, the thread even has a link in this thread, what more can you ask? Also, funny that you talk about rules and forum etiquette because you keep violating them by minimodding. I'm not actually sure if there's a rule against it,  but it's pretty common sense in all forums on the internet that acting like a mod if you aren't one is wrong.

Hypocrite.

Also you didn't reply on my counter to "By the way, do you ever stop and wonder why you are the only person in the entire history of this forum to post low quality images, and then while being asked to upload higher quality images, to essentially ignore the request and continue doing so?"

That's because you can't. I gave a perfectly legitimate reason (which I already gave in the past) of to why I'm doing it yet you didn't reply to it. That's because you know it's legitimate reason. As I've said I'd be more than happy to reupload higher quality images if the asker wants to print that particular image. Until then, low quality is prerfectly acceptable to read online.

Also yes, you're the arrogant one. I might said that I'm alwasy right, but you don't need to say it. You're acting like you're an infallible god kind enough to associate with the rest of us mortals. Give me a break.

Hypocrite.

I politely responded to you several times and pointed you to forum rules, and expectations— you ignored and dismissed me every time.  Maybe you should read the forum rules before posting instead of trying to do whatever you want based on the rules that only exist in your head.

You "might said that I'm alwasy right"? Not might. Did. 

There are several good reasons for uploading a full quality image, but as I said before, I'm done talking with you.  Not everyone.  You.  And this is as cordial a response you are going to get from me in the future without an apology or significantly altered behavior.  I'm not going to continue bandying words with someone who acts like a temperamental pre-teen.  Find someone else to satisfy your cravings for attention.

Kroen, the previous thread is on page 3. Three. It's not ancient at all. I fear that you think something is obsolete just because it's bumped out of first page.

That no-one has posted in that thread for 5 months doesn't prove anything because no-one has posted investigator cards or monsters in any other thread either. This "Fan Creations" is a slowish forum.

As a casual viewer of this forum, I much more prefer to have every custom investigar cards in a one big thread instead of searching for multiple threads. So please go post there and bump it up to the first page instead of starting a new thread

I could understand if the old thread was like 4 years old but this is not the case.

Necroing old threads can be annoying. But starting similar new threads, like this, is even more annoying.

Guest Not In Sample

Avi_dreader said:

There are several good reasons for uploading a full quality image,

Name one. You can't, see.

If the reason is printing, then I said I will gladly reupload everything that people want to print.

If the reason is that your eyesight is horrible, then I doubt it.

There is no other reason and you keep proving my point by ignoring my reasoning and coming up with lame excuses of to why no to reply to me.

You CAN'T reply to this. There is no other reason. If there was you would say instead of posting lame-ass excuses.

There is one, pretty clear to me: sharing. Just to allow everyone, in every moment of their lives, to come here, search into the threads for something they *really* like, and have instant access to a good, high quality, professionally printable file. If you upload stuff in high quality, you allow people to have access to quality stuff forever (well, maybe not forever, but as long as these forum is alive).

You'd say probably "what the hell, I said I'm gonna upload them in a higher quality on demand", but what about if you fed up with this forum, or AH (which can be unlikely, but not impossible), and when somebody asks "ehi, kroen, could you gently give me some better image for the great stuff you did?" there is no one to answer them since you had quit? Or what if you do not have a higher quality available at the moment of demand, simply because, not loving that particular creation any longer, you destroyed your files?

It doesn't seem to me (but maybe I'm wrong) that you're interested in sharing your creation, but in showing them to others, searching for appreciation rather than accepting a debate on them. If you'd like to share them, you should present your material in the best way EVERYONE can use it

Guest Not In Sample

This sounds reasonable, but it seems like almost no one cares about custom stuff anymore anyway. Look how many investigators I uploaded recently in the investigator thread and not one of them got a reply. And in the Ancient One thread Avi was pretty much the only one who replied there. So as you can see I don't have much insentive to waste valuable time uploading in high quality. Now, if the situation was a bit different, and I actually got replies for my work, I'd be like "nice, it seems like people actually care. they deserve me uploading everything in high quality in thanks for their time criticizing my work". Obviously this is not the case. Why would I go through this touble for people who aren't even willing to spend a minute or two of their lives replying to my creations? In my opinion, if they're too lazy to reply to my creations then they don't deserve to play with them.

Wow.  And by posting this you've managed to ignore the recent requests to use the proper thread, and to use higher quality images.  Nice.  Keep complaining about how you aren't getting the appreciation you think you deserve instead, it's good to be consistent.

Thanks Julia, for pointing out the reason that's so obvious, but that Kroen couldn't see (probably because he has trouble seeing the needs of other people, unfortunately, that's not a vision impairment that can be fixed by glasses). 

@Hipsu

You can reason at him, but not with him, he wants to do what he wants to do, and he will ask for input while ignoring it once it is received.  I was hoping for a while that he might have changed since his last...  Series of adventures in this forum.  Frankly, I think he has improved a bit (I mean, so far no one has quit the forums because of him this time, yet, but that might be a matter of time).

Guest Not In Sample

Two posts above yours I explained why I doun't upload higher quality stuff.

If people would care enough to comment, I would care enough to upload in high quality.

Narcissist, this forum doesn't revolve around you.  Your posts here should be helping other people, not helping feed your ego.

And enough with the rationalized BS.  I've commented on most of your creations, you flatly dismissed my requests.  Oh, perhaps now your excuse will be that you aren't getting enough comments.  I know, it's just soooo difficult uploading a 400-500k jpeg.  How can anyone manage it?