Sign in to follow this  
BroodyGambit

Force Assault Question

I've got a quick question that, to be honest, seems self explanatory. I wanted to just double check to be sure. In the Niman Disciple tree, the Force Assault allows the character to make a Force Move power action as a maneuver. I assume this is contingent on actually having the Force Move power available for the character, ie having already spent experience into purchasing it, not a freebie use of the basic form of the power or something similar to that.

Can’t use it if you don’t have it. Says so explicitly in the description of the talent. Always read the descriptions, not just what’s on the talent tree. 

That said, the basic move power isn’t expensive, XP wise.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

1 hour ago, BroodyGambit said:

I've got a quick question that, to be honest, seems self explanatory. I wanted to just double check to be sure. In the Niman Disciple tree, the Force Assault allows the character to make a Force Move power action as a maneuver. I assume this is contingent on actually having the Force Move power available for the character, ie having already spent experience into purchasing it, not a freebie use of the basic form of the power or something similar to that.

Correct.  If you don't have at least the basic Move power, then Force Assault doesn't have any value.

Of course, unless you're fighting a silhouette 0 opponent, the basic Move power isn't all that helpful in combat.  Granted, by the time a character acquires Force Assault, they should probably have the Move basic power, at least one each of a Range and Strength upgrade, and the Control upgrade to hurl objects.