Jump to content
Edgehawk

Reach of the Empire OOC

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Val is attempting to Charm Den. 

Make an Average Charm check with a Setback:  2eA+2eP+1eB+2eD+1eS

The results will help inform Den’s response to your efforts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CloudyLemonade92 Okay. So @Rabobankrider Den thinks Val is a charming fellow, and is perhaps even inclined to liking him on some level, despite the circumstances. For the Threat, maybe Den is not sure he likes the whole playing with the pommel thing, interprets it as a threat?
 

I’ll let @rabo decide what he makes of your words and actions, but they should be flavored by your successful effort to charm him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@CloudyLemonade92 Okay. So @Rabobankrider Den thinks Val is a charming fellow, and is perhaps even inclined to liking him on some level, despite the circumstances. For the Threat, maybe Den is not sure he likes the whole playing with the pommel thing, interprets it as a threat?
 

I’ll let @rabo decide what he makes of your words and actions, but they should be flavored by your successful effort to charm him.

 

Awesome! 😄👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rabobankrider I just narrated the results of your provocation, since your your stated goal was to be captured and taken into custody. It seemed like a reasonable result, which Den could achieve by not fighting back too hard;  and I didn’t want to bog things down with initiative and combat rolls for one player, when combat wasn’t really the goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am a bit lost in the track. How many are with Den? Only the Zeltron and the 2 weequay is at the back of the bay? Something about 2 crimson guards? Or the weequays are the crimson guards? 

Sorry, it was probably written somewhere, I just missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rimsen said:

So I am a bit lost in the track. How many are with Den? Only the Zeltron and the 2 weequay is at the back of the bay? Something about 2 crimson guards? Or the weequays are the crimson guards? 

Sorry, it was probably written somewhere, I just missed it.

The 2 crimson guards initially took Den into custody, but are with Venlana at the negotiations, at present. Venlana called a Zeltron (new PC) out of her yacht, to escort Den aft to the transport where the other troopers were being held. The 2 new Weequay guards (not the 2 you guys took out, and stuffed into the transport) are staying at their post, just outside the base of the stairwell- no direct line-of-sight into the aft bay, but they would likely hear any commotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shlambate @Rimsen @Rabobankrider @CloudyLemonade92 You are all in the aft bay now, along with the 8 troopers that were freed. Val and Den just entered. @Imperial Stormtrooper Briar is approaching the stairwell near the aft bay, with Venlana. @P-47 Thunderbolt Hale can stick with Briar, or remain with the shuttle in the hangar. @bsmith23 Make a Vigilance check versus 1eD+3eC when you board the Phantom. 

If we can roleplay the scene in the aft bay, without rolling initiative and killing our new player, that would be awesome. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bsmith23 said:

Vigilance: 1eA+1eP+1eD+3eC 5 failures, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
a-a.pngp-a-a.pngd-f-th.pngc-f-f.pngc-d.pngc-f.png

...yep, this is going swimmingly. I'm proud to be a part of it!

Yowch. That's a lot of Failure. At least you got some Advantage. The Defel trips and falls on his face, but accidentally stabs you in the leg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Shlambate @Rimsen @Rabobankrider @CloudyLemonade92 You are all in the aft bay now, along with the 8 troopers that were freed. Val and Den just entered. @Imperial Stormtrooper Briar is approaching the stairwell near the aft bay, with Venlana. @P-47 Thunderbolt Hale can stick with Briar, or remain with the shuttle in the hangar. @bsmith23 Make a Vigilance check versus 1eD+3eC when you board the Phantom. 

If we can roleplay the scene in the aft bay, without rolling initiative and killing our new player, that would be awesome. 🙂 

I took the liberty and set the scene, hope no one minds it :) Also my statement was meant as an obvious threat, but I intend to solve it silently.

Edited by Rimsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CloudyLemonade92 said:

Got it. My reply is up, Val is hoping you get the codeword. :P

@Rimsen @Shlambate Either of you might recognize “Ubiquitous” as one of several code words used to identify covert imperial assets in the field. The other two code words are “Mendacious” and “Polyglottal.” Using one of them, and receiving the third in response, would go a long way toward defusing this situation. Actually trying to use them in context is not necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bsmith23 said:

...yep, this is going swimmingly. I'm proud to be a part of it!

Try to hold on to this enthusiasm. I’m afraid the results of your spectacular roll will not be immediately apparent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Try to hold on to this enthusiasm. I’m afraid the results of your spectacular roll will not be immediately apparent.

Great. So the audience is shouting at the screen "Don’t go in there!" and I'm all like herp de durr...

Edited by bsmith23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The showdown in the aft bay will require some sort of response from either @Shlambate, @Rimsen, or@Rabobankrider- to either further defuse the situation, or escalate it. If the door remains open, and/or a noisy confrontation occurs, then Venlana and @Imperial Stormtrooper (and their respective guards, including @P-47 Thunderbolt); also the 2 guards posted outside, and countless others if an alarm is raised. 

@bsmith23 Ral is able to comply with the Inquisitor’s orders, and position the Phantom off the stern of the destroyer (and the light cruiser lurking beneath it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok just got back from birthday celebrations. What options are open to me? @Edgehawk

The Zeltron (new PC) has put his hands out, and essentially declared himself as an imperial; Den’s binders proved to be just for show, and he is now free. 

Having someone close the door might be a good first step, toward avoiding further piratical entanglements at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok can I close the door then. Also where is the guns and engines on this puppy?

Engineering is on the main deck directly above you, though some components may be found in the crawl space between decks. 

Main cannons are dorsal, so Upper Deck, 2 fore/ 1 aft. Ion cannons port and starboard amidships on the main deck.

edit: @Shlambate You may close the door, or order a trooper to do it.

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

Ok can I close the door then. Also where is the guns and engines on this puppy?

I directed a trooper to the door, in the preparation of the arrivals. I signaled to him to close the door after the Zeltron and Den steps in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...