Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Hmmm... anything V can do to “sense” the infiltrator? 

I don't think the Zeltron from the unofficial species menagerie (which is the version I approved) has the innate ability to do so. If this is thematically important for your character, you may add the Sense basic force power for 5 XP... which leads me to:

The prologue has essentially concluded. Everyone has 10 XP to spend or bank as they see fit. Thanks for sticking around through a slow start. I'll have a new post up in the IC tomorrow.

@Rabobankrider @Imperial Stormtrooper @btmaja @oneeyedmatt87

Edited by Edgehawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, oneeyedmatt87 said:

 

Edit: Figured I'd roll it. Not sure what I can do with the 3 advantages.

Consider it a parting gift, since the scene has concluded. The doppelgänger's pistol seems to have a hidden compartment embedded in the handle, but it is currently stuck. Don't worry. There is not a tiny assassin lurking inside. Also the pistol is damaged 1 step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The take-off goes without incident, and the first coordinates have already been programmed. A flight of TIEs escorts you to the first jump. You understand the journey could take several standard weeks, depending upon various local conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Imperial Stormtrooper You do not expect to discover the potential traitor, just from going through the service records. This investigation will be going on in the background of the task force's official assignments. 

Nevertheless, it is a place to start, and you need to familiarize yourself with the officers. Make a Hard Knowledge (Warfare) check, with 1 Setback (it's a lot of material to get through), and 1 Boost (you have plenty of time to do it). Successes and Advantages will help narrow your search, while Failure and Threats may throw you off the scent or lead you to the wrong conclusions. I have added the Intrepid's crew to the 2nd post in this thread.

@oneeyedmatt87 Castar may make an Average Mechanics check with a Setback, to fiddle around with the acquired pistol, and see what's going on there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Edgehawk,

Great idea. Looks like he managed to get it open (rolled w/Gearhead removing the setback)
Fiddling with the pistol: 2eP+1eA+2eD 3 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

So is there going to be more time to fix this pistol or work potentially add mods to his other pistol? Also, over the course of several weeks with 1 wound per day healed, are we just going to call Castar healed?

I can narrate the roll if you'd like, or you can take it, since I don't know what's in the compartment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

So... Neither of those things happened...

Fair enough. You have still managed to familiarize yourself somewhat with the small crew of the Intrepid, so there's that- but Castar may have something more interesting for you to look into...

 

4 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

 Looks like he managed to get it open...

There is a dataspike concealed within the handle. It is heavily encrypted, and broken into blocks. Without the decryption keys, the first block of data will require a Daunting Computers check with one Upgrade and a Setback to access.

 

4 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

So is there going to be more time to fix this pistol or work potentially add mods to his other pistol? I can narrate the roll if you'd like, or you can take it, since I don't know what's in the compartment...

You may repair the minor damage, and attempt mods that don't require additional parts (you could try to modify the "custom grip" to benefit you, as the resemblance to your own pistol is only superficial); also, the concealed compartment takes up a hard point. I don't have Special Modifications, nor have I found easy access to it, but go ahead and roll for the repair if you are familiar with the appropriate table? Otherwise, just make an Easy Mechanics check for the minor repair. 

 

4 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

 Also, over the course of several weeks with 1 wound per day healed, are we just going to call Castar healed?

Sure... but considering Luks is the squad medic, and Yularen specifically advised (ordered) the two of you to get over your differences... the two of you should probably narrate some sort of interaction. I suppose not seeking medical attention, or not having it offered, are also possible outcomes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oneeyedmatt87 said:

I can narrate the roll if you'd like, or you can take it, since I don't know what's in the compartment...

Go ahead and narrate your various interactions with the pistol (hidden storage, repairs, mods).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rabobankrider, @oneeyedmatt87, @btmaja, @Imperial Stormtrooper

You have all invested some degree of Proficiency into either Piloting or Astrogation. Do you desire to roll for every situation, or can we just narrate these things, except during structured time or when the story otherwise gives a reason to roll? If the group is interested in role playing the potential wonders and hazards of space and hyperspace travel, I'm fine with that- I just don't want to bog the narrative down with adventures/misadventures unnecessarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

You may repair the minor damage, and attempt mods that don't require additional parts (you could try to modify the "custom grip" to benefit you, as the resemblance to your own pistol is only superficial); also, the concealed compartment takes up a hard point. I don't have Special Modifications, nor have I found easy access to it, but go ahead and roll for the repair if you are familiar with the appropriate table? Otherwise, just make an Easy Mechanics check for the minor repair. 

Fixing the pistol: 2eP+1eA+1eD 1 success
p-s-s.pngp-s.pnga--.pngd-f-f.png

Special Modifications doesn't really have any guidance in re-customizing custom grips (and really all the new tables and such are for designing and creating new gear, all mods and attachments are just using CRB), so I'll leave it to your discretion. I promise I don't want to turn this game into a montage of weapon maintenance videos, so I won't take an excessive amount of time on gear. It that spirit, I'll set aside the custom grip for now and just keep the pistol as a stock backup (he's not the gunslinging type, at least not at the moment)

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rabobankrider, @oneeyedmatt87, @btmaja, @Imperial Stormtrooper

You have all invested some degree of Proficiency into either Piloting or Astrogation. Do you desire to roll for every situation, or can we just narrate these things, except during structured time or when the story otherwise gives a reason to roll? If the group is interested in role playing the potential wonders and hazards of space and hyperspace travel, I'm fine with that- I just don't want to bog the narrative down with adventures/misadventures unnecessarily.

I'm good with leaving the rolls to structured or story dependent rolls. No need to roll for everything, and I prefer tighter narratives to the thrill of rolling for every right and left turn ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, since Castar gave the dataspike to Briar would there be enough time between studying the service records to attempt to access it?

 

Also am I correct in assuming that Codebreaker would apply making the check Hard with an upgrade?

 

5 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

@Rabobankrider, @oneeyedmatt87, @btmaja, @Imperial Stormtrooper

You have all invested some degree of Proficiency into either Piloting or Astrogation. Do you desire to roll for every situation, or can we just narrate these things, except during structured time or when the story otherwise gives a reason to roll? If the group is interested in role playing the potential wonders and hazards of space and hyperspace travel, I'm fine with that- I just don't want to bog the narrative down with adventures/misadventures unnecessarily.

I'm fine with just narrating things, since I would think we will get to the same place in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Imperial Stormtrooper said:

I'm just starting to think that Orokos hates me...

With Briar's Technical Aptitude, she can have another crack at it, in a bit (I'll let you know when). The slicing table in cyphers and masks allows for a single Advantage to provide a Boost to your next attempt at the same system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Edgehawk, ok cool. I think Den would keep it on the shuttle (lots of stuff to already carry), do I just note that somewhere or should I make a ship sheet?

Missed Boost Dice: 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png So if I remove 1 difficulty dice for the medkit (I assume the one on the right) and add the boost, that'll give me 6 advantage. Could I convert that in any way helping recover a wound? I'll also use the stim if that's alright. I'll edit the post when I know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk, ok cool. I think Den would keep it on the shuttle (lots of stuff to already carry), do I just note that somewhere or should I make a ship sheet?

Missed Boost Dice: 1eB 0 successes, 2 advantage
b-a-a.png So if I remove 1 difficulty dice for the medkit (I assume the one on the right) and add the boost, that'll give me 6 advantage. Could I convert that in any way helping recover a wound? I'll also use the stim if that's alright. I'll edit the post when I know. 

Added medpac to the sheet: http://swsheets.com/v/1sldvotnz-st-144--stormcr

Castar only needs to recover 2 Strain, so let's say the remaining 4 Advantage can heal 2 Wounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Edgehawk, Den would like to take a couple of hours to stretch his legs and grab some food that isn't military rations, maybe have a quick nosy around. Before I post, is there any checks involved, and would Den have access to casual clothes? He'd rather not go out looking like a stormtrooper if he wants to relax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Edgehawk, Den would like to take a couple of hours to stretch his legs and grab some food that isn't military rations, maybe have a quick nosy around. Before I post, is there any checks involved, and would Den have access to casual clothes? He'd rather not go out looking like a stormtrooper if he wants to relax. 

Den can have whatever civvies he wants, for off-duty or undercover wear. Average Streetwise can probably turn up something from the rumor mill. If you want to narrate it first, you might be able to pick up a Boost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...