Republic z-95 headhunter

Cruises and Transports:

Arquitens-class light cruiser

Consular-class Light cruiser

Munificient class Heavy Frigate

Battleships:

Lucrehulk-class battleship

Venator-class star destroyer

Don't suppose we could get the stats of the Venator-class could we?

Gee wiz. Wait until it’s delivered to ya mail box or when ya hand over ya cash at ya brick and Mortar store. So impatient. I get it I have the jitters too. A&A only made it worse 

Does the Padawan tree make the Padawan Survivor tree basically obsolete, or are they different enough to still be worthwhile? I realize that the era that you're playing in would determine which one would be the most appropriate thematically, but I'm just curious if you wanted to run a DoR campaign almost immediately after the end of the Clone Wars when it would be reasonable to have both trees exist simultaneously, are they distinct enough from each other and does one outshine the other in your opinion?

1 hour ago, ImperatorRegnum said:

Does the Padawan tree make the Padawan Survivor tree basically obsolete, or are they different enough to still be worthwhile? I realize that the era that you're playing in would determine which one would be the most appropriate thematically, but I'm just curious if you wanted to run a DoR campaign almost immediately after the end of the Clone Wars when it would be reasonable to have both trees exist simultaneously, are they distinct enough from each other and does one outshine the other in your opinion?

They follow the same structure. But survivors had new priorities

2 hours ago, ImperatorRegnum said:

I'd definitely say they're different enough to merit two separate trees. Also, Padawan Survivor is a Universal spec, so it helps to have it available for characters who don't have the Jedi Career. 

Concerning getting lightsaber modifications or crystals with high rarity, is it easier getting these because the Jedi hasn't fallen yet and these should be more accessable? Are there any additional optional rules concerning this in the book?

7 hours ago, ImperatorRegnum said:

If you are playing a FaD character of any type (and thus have FR1), you might retroactively go with having been a Padawan. OTOH, if you are playing an AoR or EotE character, you will instead need to suddenly recall you're a Padawan Survivor if you want to get that important FR1.

10 hours ago, ForceUser said:

Concerning getting lightsaber modifications or crystals with high rarity, is it easier getting these because the Jedi hasn't fallen yet and these should be more accessable? Are there any additional optional rules concerning this in the book?

I would certainly say more than likely, particularly Ilum crystals, since that's not quarantined by the Empire yet, nor potentially destroyed by the sequel era. Some crystal types (such as Mephite) might still be harder to get a hold of, given that Ossus is still pretty hard to get to. 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, ImperatorRegnum said:

Just to add to what the others have said, but the Padawan Survivor spec is a good choice for a character whose career isn’t necessarily from F&D. It’s great for that rare padawan who survived order 66 only to find themselves as a smuggler.

Something important to remember is that a character’s career only starts when the game does. Anything before that is purely backstory. Hence why a padawan survivor doesn’t need the Jedi career. Not that you can’t take the Jedi specs as out of career specs, as you definitely can, but it’s just less expensive XP wise to go with survivor.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

26 minutes ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Just to add to what the others have said, but the Padawan Survivor spec is a good choice for a character whose career isn’t from F&D. It’s great for that rare padawan who survived order 66 only to find themselves as a smuggler.

Something important to remember is that a character’s career only starts when the game does. Anything before that is purely backstory. Hence why a padawan survivor doesn’t need the Jedi career. Not that you can’t take the Jedi specs as out of career specs, as you definitely can, it’s just less expensive XP wise.

You mean those "rare padawans" that seem to show up all the time...

55 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Player characters are iconoclasts. So yeah

Not just PCs in games; IMO, there are just way too many former padawans that survived the purges in SW materials these days.

18 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

Not just PCs in games; IMO, there are just way too many former padawans that survived the purges in SW materials these days.

I mean, how many master/padawon pairs were there? How many masters were able to buy their padawon time to flee? How many padawons had the skill and luck to survive the first week?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I mean, how many master/padawon pairs were there? How many masters were able to buy their padawon time to flee? How many padawons had the skill and luck to survive the first week?

Only a handful of padawan survivors that I’m aware of. Of course, the Inquisitorius was made up of former Jedi of all ranks, but I wouldn’t count them amongst the survivors per-say.

30 minutes ago, Rakaydos said:

I grew up on Star Wars materials that had the purges being far more effective. When Ben and Yoda were supposed to be last of the Jedi, not merely the last Jedi masters (and even then, we have materials that supported numerous Jedi masters surviving too). Sure, I get that having the purges be less effective allows for a few more story options, but I think it's overdone these days with almost every story (including those of PC groups) having a survivor of the purges running around. In the old days (yeah...) people would have been perfectly fine with a newly emerged Force-sensitive that has nothing to do with the Jedi, but now days, there's just too much push to connect every Force-user with a tradition that was supposed to have been wiped out. FaD makes this especially bad as a huge amount of the art suggests that swinging a lightsaber is a huge part of being a Force-user, and in the minds of many, that means Jedi.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I grew up on Star Wars materials that had the purges being far more effective. When Ben and Yoda were supposed to be last of the Jedi, not merely the last Jedi masters (and even then, we have materials that supported numerous Jedi masters surviving too). Sure, I get that having the purges be less effective allows for a few more story options, but I think it's overdone these days with almost every story (including those of PC groups) having a survivor of the purges running around. In the old days (yeah...) people would have been perfectly fine with a newly emerged Force-sensitive that has nothing to do with the Jedi, but now days, there's just too much push to connect every Force-user with a tradition that was supposed to have been wiped out. FaD makes this especially bad as a huge amount of the art suggests that swinging a lightsaber is a huge part of being a Force-user, and in the minds of many, that means Jedi.

The purges being super effective doesnt make a lot of sense. Masters taking the brunt to protect their padawans allow them to escape makes more sense. 

Edited by Daeglan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

The purges being super effective doesnt make a lot of sense. Masters taking the brunt to protect their padawans allow them to escape makea more sense. 

And, to be fair, the Empire does end up eliminating most padawan survivors, that we know of, eventually. Wouldn’t be terribly surprised if Cal Kestis doesn’t survive the events of Fallen Order either. Some sort of self-sacrificing act of heroism/defiance seems likely.

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

The purges being super effective doesnt make a lot of sense. Masters taking the brunt to protect their padawans allow them to escape makea more sense. 

The whole thing doesn't really make much sense. Consider that, as we see in CW, masters and padawans didn't necessarily operate close enough to support one another during the war. Padawans were still troop leaders, and their troops were who killed them. If so many of these padawans could survive, then more masters logically should have survived than the less skilled padawans.