Jump to content
AgniAvis72

Rise of the Separatists - Spoilers/ Q&A

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

I picked up Rise of the Separatists at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago this past week. This forum is for any questions or requests you have for me to spoil stuff! 

Of note: don't ask me for word for word paragraphs or pictures of the art or pages as this is a violation copyright law. 

Other than that let fly the questions of War! The CLONE war!

Edited by AgniAvis72
Spelling error in title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing your notes

Do we have information pre-Episode I?

Do we have information about the Clone Wars campaigns? any maps? 

I know this is an odd question, but since we have all career signature abilities and all specs, is there any suggestion of what to do with the Jedi / Clone soldier career when you want additional specs? For example, can you take specs as career specs from other careers (A Jedi taking specs from Warrior career)?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

And I guess if it's in there, stats for the BX Commando droid would be neat. We currently have two conflicting stat sources for them, so I'm curious how they handled them in RotS

surprisingly the BX commando droid is not in this book

22 minutes ago, Underachiever599 said:

Can I get the stats for the B2 Super Battle Droid, pretty please? Minor request, I know, but I'll be using them in an upcoming game, and I'd rather have official stats instead of my homebrewed ones

Br: 4

Ag: 3

In, Wi, Pr: 1

group skills: brawl, gunnery, melee, ranged heavy and light

no talents

equipment: wrist blaster - dm:10, Crit 3, range medium, linked 1, integrated comlink

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AgniAvis72 said:

surprisingly the BX commando droid is not in this book

Br: 4

Ag: 3

In, Wi, Pr: 1

group skills: brawl, gunnery, melee, ranged heavy and light

no talents

equipment: wrist blaster - dm:10, Crit 3, range medium, linked 1, integrated comlink

 

Any chance I could get the Wound and Soak?

Funny enough, that's nearly exactly what I gave my homebrew, plus some wrist-rockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Rithuan said:

Thanks for sharing your notes

Do we have information pre-Episode I?

Do we have information about the Clone Wars campaigns? any maps? 

I know this is an odd question, but since we have all career signature abilities and all specs, is there any suggestion of what to do with the Jedi / Clone soldier career when you want additional specs? For example, can you take specs as career specs from other careers (A Jedi taking specs from Warrior career)?

 

There is a section in the book called The Spark of War. The first subsection of that chapter is called "the prelude to war"that talks a little about the galactic republic that lasted for 1000 years leading up to the battle of naboo. And details how senators are some major corporations felt trapped within their expansionist oligarchy not allowing for slavery and exploitation of  a worlds resources and it started the CIS. there is a small call out window that talks about the "death" of the sith which shows how the jedi all became heroes after the war and heroes so their number grew with the death of the sith and talks about darth bane and the rule of two stating the sith never really died. 

There are clone wars campaign paragraphs talking about the major battles like christophsis ; no maps unfortunately

 

There isn't much on  jedi taking specs from warrior all it says is that the specializations in force and destiny are more focused than the Jedi spec in the book. there isn't any issue with picking up both specs. 

I hope that is enough. Let me know if you need more but that covers a majority of it.

Edited by AgniAvis72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AgniAvis72 said:

Oh shoot, sorry yeah here you go:

Soak: 6

Wound: 7

no M/R defense

Okay, now I'm shocked. That's exactly what I've had typed up for my homebrew for over a year now. Literally the only difference is an Anti-Armor Micro-Rocket for my homebrew set up. 

Thanks, I really appreciate it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Underachiever599 said:

Okay, now I'm shocked. That's exactly what I've had typed up for my homebrew for over a year now. Literally the only difference is an Anti-Armor Micro-Rocket for my homebrew set up. 

Thanks, I really appreciate it! 

No problem! and wow that just means you are really good at writing homebrew!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AgniAvis72 said:

No problem! and wow that just means you are really good at writing homebrew!

First time I've ever been dead-on! I've come close with a few of the ships in the past, though. My Vulture Droid was only off in the Hull Trauma Threshold from what I've seen of the official version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How does the Troupe System they talked about work? Is there any crunch to it, or is it purely advising that each player has a Clone and Jedi PC for different scenes for example? Any detail you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as it's going to make a big difference to how I run a upcoming campaign.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Arbitrator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daeglan said:

What dhips are in it?

 

3 hours ago, RogueCorona said:

What ship classes have stats in the book?

Fighters and Shuttles: 

C-9979 Landing Craft

Delta -7 Aethersprite-class interceptor

Droch-class boarding ship

Undicur-class jumpspeeder

ETA-class shuttle

Nu-class transport

Sheathipede-class shuttle

Vulture-class droid starfighter

Republic z-95 headhunter

Cruises and Transports:

Arquitens-class light cruiser

Consular-class Light cruiser

Munificient class Heavy Frigate

Battleships:

Lucrehulk-class battleship

Venator-class star destroyer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Arbitrator said:

How does the Troupe System they talked about work? Is there any crunch to it, or is it purely advising that each player has a Clone and Jedi PC for different scenes for example? Any detail you could provide would be greatly appreciated, as it's going to make a big difference to how I run a upcoming campaign.

Thank you very much.

Regarding troupe play it says that GM who see a broader game experience can have this time of story. This troupe play requires each payer managing more than one character but usually one one is involved in a scene at a time. IT talks about the benefits of this such as people who have backseat abilities in one character as a padawan can take a main slot as a clone commander in another character. 

It talks about some examples of such troupes: 

Jedi and diplomats. Jedi alongside diplomats and other political classes you see in Age of Rebellion

Clone troopers: classic super squad with a clone commander and other types of clones which can be sued with solider trees in age of rebellion

Scum: machinations behind the battlefronts. smugglers delivering equipment to colonists. bounty hunters being hired on both sides of the war. Hired guns hired to protect and teach small farming communities who arent touched by the war yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AgniAvis72 said:

 Regarding troupe play it says that GM who see a broader game experience can have this time of story. This troupe play requires each payer managing more than one character but usually one one is involved in a scene at a time. IT talks about the benefits of this such as people who have backseat abilities in one character as a padawan can take a main slot as a clone commander in another character. 

It talks about some examples of such troupes: 

 Jedi and diplomats. Jedi alongside diplomats and other political classes you see in Age of Rebellion

 Clone troopers: classic super squad with a clone commander and other types of clones which can be sued with solider trees in age of rebellion

 Scum: machinations behind the battlefronts. smugglers delivering equipment to colonists. bounty hunters being hired on both sides of the war. Hired guns hired to protect and teach small farming communities who arent touched by the war yet.

Awesome, thanks.

Is there much talk given over to explaining away regular Clone grunt PCs alongside of Jedi? Or is it just working on the assumption your Clone PCs happen to be a cut above the rest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

There are clone wars campaign paragraphs talking about the major battles like christophsis ; no maps unfortunately

There isn't much on  jedi taking specs from warrior all it says is that the specializations in force and destiny are more focused than the Jedi spec in the book. there isn't any issue with picking up both specs. 

I hope that is enough. Let me know if you need more but that covers a majority of it.

5

Thanks again for this (and all other answers) Its interesting that they recommend taking out of career specs without a mechanical benefit. That was my main question about this book. Maybe with the book on my hands, I'll ask directly to the developers. Thanks, @AgniAvis72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

 

Fighters and Shuttles: 

C-9979 Landing Craft

Delta -7 Aethersprite-class interceptor

Droch-class boarding ship

Undicur-class jumpspeeder

ETA-class shuttle

Nu-class transport

Sheathipede-class shuttle

Vulture-class droid starfighter

Republic z-95 headhunter

Cruises and Transports:

Arquitens-class light cruiser

Consular-class Light cruiser

Munificient class Heavy Frigate

Battleships:

Lucrehulk-class battleship

Venator-class star destroyer

 

Too bad. I was hoping for some CIS warships that are smaller then the Munificient class Heavy Frigate as well as some Republic warships that are between the Arquitens-class and Venator-class in size. Thanks.

Edited by RogueCorona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

Republic z-95 headhunter

I don't need exact numbers, but I am curious as to how different this is from the regular Z-95.

6 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

This troupe play requires each payer managing more than one character but usually one one is involved in a scene at a time. IT talks about the benefits of this such as people who have backseat abilities in one character as a padawan can take a main slot as a clone commander in another character. 

Anything on how they suggest you manage XP on this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AgniAvis72 said:

 

Fighters and Shuttles: 

C-9979 Landing Craft

Delta -7 Aethersprite-class interceptor

Droch-class boarding ship

Undicur-class jumpspeeder

ETA-class shuttle

Nu-class transport

Sheathipede-class shuttle

Vulture-class droid starfighter

Republic z-95 headhunter

Cruises and Transports:

Arquitens-class light cruiser

Consular-class Light cruiser

Munificient class Heavy Frigate

Battleships:

Lucrehulk-class battleship

Venator-class star destroyer

 

Those battleships alone are worth the price of admission! Woww!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really looking to find out what the new talents in the Scavenger tree say? We got exceed specifications, one persons trash and another's treasure. I don't know if we have seen improved utility Belt before, but that seems cool too. I can't read the talent descriptions in any of the posts cause they have been too blurry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arbitrator said:

Awesome, thanks.

Is there much talk given over to explaining away regular Clone grunt PCs alongside of Jedi? Or is it just working on the assumption your Clone PCs happen to be a cut above the rest?

I think its just more based on clones each being different even tho they share the same face and training. very narrative and story based ideas nothing mechanical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

I don't need exact numbers, but I am curious as to how different this is from the regular Z-95.

Anything on how they suggest you manage XP on this? 

the republic z 95 has a fore and aft shield of 1 and its HT threshold and SS threshold are 10 and 10

enncumberance cpacity of 9

75,000 credits with rarity 5

it has a forward mounted twin proton torpedo launched instead of concussion missiles

 

nothing about XP management on this. sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...