Woorloog

How many 2nd edition factions are you playing?

I've been dancing between Republic, Resistance, Rebellion, and Empire.

I've traded away a number of my (small) Scum collection, but I've a reasonable amount of FO stuff which I really ought to convert....

I'll not be purchasing any CIS stuff.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Woorloog said:

Out of curiosity.

Also some additional questions:
Which factions do you play?

Voted "7" even if technically my Jedi Republic stuff is merely ordered.
So technically 'only' 6 atm but 7 soon enough.

Yeah. I know. I may have a problem. 🤔

[edit]  Currently enjoying "5 of A kind" (= A-wings) and 6 droids+Bellyrub the most. Just sayin.

Edited by Elkerlyc

5 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:

Just one (Scum). With CW approaching Legion, can't delve too much into X-Wing...

Funny you should say this. I stay away from Legion in an attempt to not go bankrupt...

I'm a Resistance Pilot, first and foremost.

However, I will probably end up flying the banner of The Republic fairly soon. Many of their options are oh so very tempting, and they are getting an increasingly wide diversity in starships. Furthermore, the factions are juuuuust disparate enough to be interesting to fly.

But in the end, it doesn't matter. Every single ship in my collection will sport a unified paint scheme / "Faction-do".

Gotta fly them all!

I was intending to avoid buying the 2 prequel factions, but my son really loves them (Clone Wars fan) so I've ended up with all. And they are fun to fly too.

Still got some ships I've never flown (Auzituck, MG Tie, RZ2, Scum Falcon & Escape Craft, Torrent; the CIS ships have been monopolised by my son, but I'll be flying them today for the first time) but they'll all get used eventually - I even flew a TIE Aggressor in 2nd ed, having missed it out in 1st ed.

Galactic Empire: My main force, with too many TIE fighters and interceptors for the conversion kit. Gozanti for when Epic 2.0 happens.

Rebel Alliance: The other half of the starter sets (with the conversion kit), and because I started playing and buying when 1.0 came out.

Resistance: I got the kit to use the resistance bomber I liked the look of, and then the transport gets announced :)

Galactic Republic: The ARC looked good, but I had not bought one until the Guardians of the Republic got announced.

So, with a lot of good-guy forces sharing ships, and a like of bombers, I seem to have enough ships for 3x games at once ;)

I started the game with a balance of Empire/Rebels. For years I would buy 1 Empire 1 Rebel ship, so for the most part I had a balanced collection. Now I have quite a few more Imperial ships, but that's because I like them more. I also have a small Resistance/FO collection. I really like my collection because I play a lot with my friends who don't have any xwing stuff of their own, so it's nice to have a balance of bad guys and good guys. 

I'm gonna stick with these 4 factions. I love the Republic ships but I can't bring myself to start a prequel collection because then I will end up buy everything. At this point, i'm honestly pretty happy with this collection, besides the conversion kits for the epic ships, and maybe getting a GR-75, i'm pretty sure my collection is complete. 

Posted (edited)

I have 7. I routinely play 3.

7 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

All seven.  I carry a list for each faction in my game night kit. All are Hyperspace legal except my Scum list of 5 Cartel Marauders.

I should start doing this. Carrying around my whole collection and sifting through everything to make a list takes too much time. This way I will at least start learning more factions and play more than just my favorite lists.

Edited by Skitch_

I’m in a weird 2 to 5 place right now.

Mainly I’ve decided to focus on Resistance and Republic, but I still have all my 1.0 rebel ships and a conversion kit, I will likely hold onto them to revisit from time to time.  I have my 1.0 Scum stuff that I want to sell off, but haven’t had success yet so I picked up a conversion kit for cheap and may revisit them as well.  I have a smattering of imperial and FO ships that I bought for upgrades in 1.0, those are getting unloaded.

And I bought a Sith Infiltrator because the model was awesome and during the great “Barnes and Noble Glitch of 2019” I ended up with a bunch more CIS.  Don’t know what to do with them, but I’ve never played a swarm before, so *shrug*

48 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

Carrying around my whole collection and sifting through everything to make a list takes too much time. This way I will at least start learning more factions and play more than just my favorite lists.

If you can carry your whole collection, you clearly haven't got enough ships! :D

Interestingly balanced so far.

I put 4, though I technically own some Empire as well, and haven’t really actually played Resistance hardly. Rebels and the Clone Wars factions have all seen a fair amount of play from me, though.

All 7 factions. I've played all of them, except the Separatists, so far in 2.0. I'll always be a Rebel player first at heart, and if I had been "reasonable" I would have only converted Rebellion + Resistance, then gotten into Republic, as those are my favorites. But then I know I would have regretted not being able to try them all, or would have missed flying most ships from the other factions.

Converted Rebels, Scum, and Empire. Haven't played any Empire. Bought Republic and Separatists but haven't got clankers on the table yet. Probably stick mostly with Republic going forward. 

7 hours ago, Elkerlyc said:

Funny you should say this. I stay away from Legion in an attempt to not go bankrupt...

Same here. The idea of having a custom painted Clone Army is really tempting though... Trying to remind myself I won't have a ton of time to actually play it, but once they release an Ashoka mini I might buy in.

I converted my 1.0 ships. I have no plans on buying prequels because this is already too many factions for my taste. The only reason it’s 5 is I could keep up since most of the cost was sunk in 1.0 anyway.

I will likely buy net new ships for existing factions (such as that resistance transport) but it is highly unlikely I’ll spend even more money on more factions.

Mostly rebels and first order occasionally scum and imperials.  I refuse to get bored so if it starts feeling stale I will switch it up.

17 hours ago, Woorloog said:

Interesting. 3 seems to be the most popular choice.

Also some additional questions:
Which factions do you play?

Empire, Rebel, Scum.

If you converted, did you convert all of your factions from 1st edition? If not, why?

I have First Order and Resistance that I didn't convert. With 2nd edition breaking them off into their own factions, it was a good time to cut them from my active collection.

If you're not playing all factions, do you intend to add another faction to your collection later on? Which one(s)?

Man, I"m tempted to give Republic a try. But only if I have the money to spare. Which isn't likely for the near future.