Woorloog

How many 2nd edition factions are you playing?

http://www.strawpoll.me/17837074

Out of curiosity.

Also some additional questions:
Which factions do you play?
If you converted, did you convert all of your factions from 1st edition? If not, why?
If you're not playing all factions, do you intend to add another faction to your collection later on? Which one(s)?

Me, i play four factions: Rebels, Empire, Republic, Separatists.
Didn't convert Scum, Resistance, First Order. Mostly got Scum because of some mandatory upgrades in 1st edition, not my style. The latter i'm simply uncertain about.
Currently considering adding Resistance or possibly exchanging Rebels for Resistance. The more i think about the Rebels, the less they appeal to me, but the Resistance offers things i think i'd like.

Posted (edited)

I run 3 factions. I converted my Rebels and Resistance, and bought into the Republic as soon as that was an option. Used to dabble in everything in 1st ed, but I've always favored the hero's and wasn't interested in converting my Empire Scum or FO collections as they were far smaller than the rest. As for adding more, hard pass. Adding a 4th would probably result in me neglecting one of the 3 I already play. 

Edited by Hippie Moosen

Picked up conversion kits for Rebels & Scum at first, Rebellion once that dropped, and most recently a fair chunk of Republic goodies.

As for what I've been playing, before Hyperspace really took off it was mostly Scum, but since then its almost been entirely Rebel.

Posted (edited)

scum only. have rebels as a backup but have not managed to follow thru and use it yet. #scum4life

just left scratching my head how i can get a hate upgrade card wout buying any imperial stuff. My Asajj in the shadowcaster needs it but until i pick one up from a friend ill just use Ketsu.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I've been playing Rebels 99% of the time since i was practicing for my first tournament... now that it's passed, I plan on diving into Republic and I'll probably rotate Rebels (extended lists) and Resistance. 

That said, I still buy absolutely everything new for every faction because I have a problem and I have no one who will help me!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

scum only. have rebels as a backup but have not managed to follow thru and use it yet. #scum4life

just left scratching my head how i can get a hate upgrade card wout buying any imperial stuff. My Asajj in the shadowcaster needs it but until i pick one up from a friend ill just use Kestu.

Dunno, buy a ship together with a friend, you get the cards you want, your friend gets the rest?

I'd assume Scum will eventually get the card. Also there was talk about upgrade packs.

Actually the issue that made me think how many factions people play, since multi-faction players like me naturally don't really have the issue of missing out cards at this stage.

Edited by Woorloog

Have everything. Only thing I haven't dabbled in is FO and rebels for the OG factions. Have a pile of CIS stuff but haven't opened it up.  Have been on team Republic since it dropped and will continue to tinker with it for a while. There's a lot to work with for such a small pool of ships. 

Mostly the main 3, with a decent First Order collection and a smallish Resistance roster.  I'm not totally caught up on 1.0 ships and Lando's falcon is the only "new" 2.0 ship I own.  I'm not against getting clone wars stuff eventually but I'll happily take the opportunity to let them build up on the backlog and try to catch up on the OT/sequel factions instead.

Started with S&V for 2.0.  Converting all of what I hsd.  For hyperspace I went rebels(saw renegades, core box, x-wing pack).  However, i did jump intonthe republic.  No game with them yet.

Really just Rebel, Empire, and emphasis on Scum. I have 2e conversions for Resistance and FO but have really only tried Resistance a couple times.

The Republic and Separatists look fun; I've flown against them enough to know I like them but I honestly don't know if I'll invest for the sake of playing them, it may just be for the collection.

I'm flying all of them, though I don't really play Scum much, and Separatists will probably be put on the back-burner until enough gets released that I can field a decent list without having to buy a lot more Vultures.

All of them.

Converted everything (2 conversions each plus extras on ebay for the first 3, 1 each for FO/Resistance).

I'm an Imperial player at heart, but haven't played them a lot yet in 2nd. I don't play Scum a lot, but they were the first faction I played everything for (I'm on a "Quest to Play Everything"). Playing Scum first means I can not worry about need to play things too much for them.

Currently I'm 3 games away from finishing the Resistance part of the Quest. Have finished Scum and FO. Next will be Separatist; my hope is to have them and Republic done right around the time Wave 4 releases, catch up on the new stuff, and then finally head into Rebels and Empire. Maybe be done by the end of the year.

I was given the Imperial Conversion kit in Sept. as a gift. I just bought the First Order kit last week, but I have not put together the dials, just using some of the upgrade cards.

Posted (edited)

3 at the moment. Primarily Scum but I do play Rebs and Imps off an on. Having to wait to get into Seps. Resistance, FO and Republic really aren't ticking any "Hey, that'd be fun to play." boxes for me right now so I'm just watching them for upgrades that'll hopefully be popping up in the other 4 factions.

Edited by Hiemfire

All factions.

Due to various work and life constraints, I haven't had a chance to play much other than a few games with extended Imperial lists. I do also still need a couple more conversion kits for rebels and scum to cover the surplus ships (still can't get over how badly that Rebel box was arranged for ships), but I'm not finding enough games to justify extra conversions yet either.

I finally got the last of my preorder delivered for the new factions the other day (what a saga that was...), so I'm looking forward to giving those a shot over the weekend, if I can find an opponent

Empire, Scum and Republic.

Simply too expensive to convert everything. We do have a few Rebel 2.0 bits, so can run a couple different squads there. May pick up the odd extra here and there for our FO ships. Really though, I'm tempted to sell the sequel faction ships we have, we only use them as proxies at home.

3. Converted Scum and Imperial from 1.0- didn't convert FO/Rebels and decided to rip them apart to make Uglies, which is a decision I still heartily agree with. Just bought into Separatists, really enjoying them. I guess I'm drawn to what the general public would consider the "evil" factions.