Darth Meanie

The EPIC Survey Thread

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Dustables (sadly)

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Varied, interesting and flavourful missions and objectives (I hope) and a nice bit of variety from the usual mode of play

Do You Own Huge Ships Already? Gozanti

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  A couple of games with huge ships.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)? Huge battles. Ships are too expensive for standard, and we don't get the time to play epic battles.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? Huge Ships, Missions

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Dutables, due to the game length

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Multi-player games, missions and seeing Epic ships in casual regular games.

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes, all except the C-ROC.

Did You Play Epic in first edition? Yep, monthly team matches with our club.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in second edition (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Oh heck yes.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yep.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic second edition?  Missions, bigger games, super-cool-looking games on the table.

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes. Eight.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  I played regularly with them, and used their obstacle rules in standard on occasion.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? Tactical challenge besides standard dogfight. 

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes, two of each except only one gozanti.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Have played several games, 2.0 will probably increase that.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes!

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes!

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Missions and scenarios.

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  All of them

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  I play mostly Epic sized games at home, but have never played at the store.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  I've been looking forward to this.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Absolutely

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Pretty Ships

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes!

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  As often as I could.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  I actually already have. If you keep the epic ships at the same prices on the 200 point scale they are actually pretty balanced and fun. But I can't wait to play the ships when they themselves are 2.0.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Probably! I haven't played any missions/scenarios besides the Gozanti campaign so I really want to try more RPG stuff in X-wing.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Being able to field a massive Imperial fleet.

Posted (edited)

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes, all of them except the Raider.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  I played epic from time to time.  A lot less after Armada came out.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? Big multiplayer games and huge ships as awesome centerpieces to the battle, combined with what looks like mechanics that will make the initial few turns MUCH faster.  Plus more people will play it than Armada.

Edited by FatherTurin

Do you own huge ships?  do

did I play huge ships  in 1.0.  The C-90 and the raider were dustables.  We used the transport and the Gozanti more often.  I also liked using huge ships as obstaclest it impacted my strategy and felt more thematic.

Do I plan to run huge ships in 2.0? Definitely 

Do you intend to play epic missions? Yes!

Biggest draw? Epic felt clunky in 1.0 and it seemed like you were better off running 12 fighters instead of using huge ships.  Between formation flying tools, multiplayer,and reworking huge ships I think this is an opportunity to make epic a viable alternative to the 200 point formats.

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables? Maybe once or twice a year.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Maybe.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Probably.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  Don't care.

I was not fond of epic in 1s edition. It's too big and takes too long for my tastes. I'll probably play it a bit in 2nd edition.

I'm more interested in the mission aspect of epic, without the large number of ships or huge ships.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sir Orrin said:

BUT IT'S THE COOLEST ONE!!!

In my humble opinion...

Personally I like the C-ROC, but yeah, it is cool, I’ve just never played Imperials enough to justify it.  Which is why it has hit my Amazon shopping cart multiple times, just to be deleted later.

Heck, I bought the Gozanti purely because it looked cool.  If a good price on the Raider came along at a moment of weakness, I don’t think I could say no.

Edited by FatherTurin

1) Yes, one of each.

2) A bit, most notably a month long Epic League.  (It was exhausting.)

3) Absolutely, especially if the new rules are good.

4) Absolutely, they sound fun!

5) Seeing wings of different rebel fighters mixing it up with TIEs in between two huge ships duking it out!

23 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

So, it does seem like a lot of people are excited about Epic.  Y'all know I am :)

So out of curiosity:

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes 1 of each.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  I played. Only about 8-10 games but wished it was more.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? All of it.  I have over 90 ships and I want to see all of them in action at once.  Epic is the closest way to do that.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Played fairly often.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  I really enjoy the larger point battles and playing with the Huge ships. 

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  I never got a chance to play due to time constraints.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0? Campaign or Scenario/Objective play outside the Standard Deathmatch style of play, and big ships are cool looking.

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  ALL OF THEM.

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?   Yes.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  **** Yes

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  **** yes.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  BIG BATTLES! BIG FLEETS! COMPLEX OBJECTIVES!!! PEW PEW!!!

I actually play almost exclusively 400-600 point games with a group of friends.  I write up scenarios for 4-6 players and every couple months we have a Sunday afternoon bash creating cinematic fan-fic on the table top.  I have no interest in competitive play. I just want to live the Star Wars fleet battle experience.  I love having themed squadron builds.  

2 hours ago, SomeDudeWhoMostlyLurks said:

I actually play almost exclusively 400-600 point games with a group of friends.  I write up scenarios for 4-6 players and every couple months we have a Sunday afternoon bash creating cinematic fan-fic on the table top.  I have no interest in competitive play. I just want to live the Star Wars fleet battle experience.  I love having themed squadron builds.  

It's nice to hear that there is someone out there who thinks just like me!!

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Played once every 2 months or so for 2 years

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Plan yes. Play well, um....

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  Can I start now?

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  More players, faster play, and the possibilities of campaigns. 

Do You Own Huge Ships Already?  Yes. 7 of them, I think. If you count a proxy Serenity 

Did You Play Epic in 1.0, or Were They Dustables?  Played a few times, wanted to play more but couldn’t find opponents.

Do You Plan to Play Huge Ships in 2.0 (in Standard/Huge/Epic battles)?  Yes. In standard it will depend on how they implement things.

Do You Plan To Play Epic Missions?  We’ll see how they implement.

What is Your Biggest Draw to Epic 2.0?  More players