drail14me

Only 3 Epic ships??

Posted (edited)

Good breakdown in this reply to the Epic 2.0 thread. In short, all Huge ships (the ones you're referring to as Epic ships, the name has changed) will be converted with the conversion kit. Only 3 Huge ships are planned to be rereleased. Epic is a format now (consisting of 3-8 players focusing on objectives other than kill them all and MOV) and Huge ships are legal both in Epic format and casual 200pt games.

Edited by Hiemfire
Grubmle, grumble, grumble. Got ninjaed because I was trying to summarize the contents of the link... :)

There will be a conversion kit for all 5 Huge ships, and each ship will be playable in at least 2 factions. All 7 factions will be represented.

The first "wave" of 2.0 Huge ships will be 3 ships.

Huge ships and Epic play will now be different things. Huge ships will now be playable in Standard (though not in tournaments). Epic play will be 3-8 players with larger point counts. 

Posted (edited)

I'm totally assuming you can, but the conversion kit says so far it only supports one. So looks like I'll have to buy two kits, and split the second? Not terrible. But for those that have only one Raider per se, they pay a premium for a single thing. Might put a sign up at the store and see who needs what.

Edited by ForceSensitive
Sp

Yup, I had fear until I saw the better summaries. One kit converts 5 models (one of each type) to 2.0. However, that converted model could be used by two factions. So it’s almost like 10 ships in the box (assuming you play all factions). 

I'm a little excited about the Huge ship conversion kits.  I love the idea that the kit will convert all 5 Huge ships and that all 7 factions will be represented (each Huge ship being available in 2 different factions). 

I'm bummed, however, that each kit only comes with enough plastic for two ships.  If I get 2 conversion kits, I'll have enough cardboard to fly both Huge ship models for the factions they will support but will come up several bases short to field all of them. 

I'm hoping FFG will start selling medium and Huge ship bases in the near future.  I want to be able to host huge ship battles in 2.0.  Wonder if the large bases could be used in a pinch?.?.?.

7 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

There will be a conversion kit for all 5 Huge ships, and each ship will be playable in at least 2 factions. All 7 factions will be represented.

That makes me wonder, are they going to add in any more huge ships?

6 hours ago, LTuser said:

That makes me wonder, are they going to add in any more huge ships?

I hope so.

I would think the Hammerhead and Consular corvettes are obvious choices.   But, after that, it does get kinda fuzzy. 

So, I do think this is a pretty smart move to get Epic up and running fast, and I hope that future huges remain multi-faction releases. 

Speculation/questions about cross faction huge ships:

Republic will get the CR-90, we already know they were used in the clone wars.

Separatists will get the Gozanti or the C-ROC.  I assume the C-ROC since that’s the one getting re-released.

First Order will get the Raider.

The question becomes, what will the Resistance get?  Will they get the GR-75, or will the CR-90 be available in 3 factions?  With the resistance’s clear love of shuttles and transports, the GR-75 seems likely, but on the other hand, only having one huge ship and it being the only one with no guns and no hardpoints is....meh?  Of course, they could always have “combat refit” be a configuration and add a hardpoint...

2 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

, the GR-75 seems likely, but on the other hand, only having one huge ship and it being the only one with no guns and no hardpoints is....meh?  Of course, they could always have “combat refit” be a configuration and add a hardpoint...

The GR-75 is proof that gunless ships can work in the game, an idea that I wish would be ported over to smaller ships.

And, as you point out, Combat Refit is certainly an option. 

I think the '90 will go to Rebel/Resistance. The Republic I'm guessing will get the '75 for now with the next Huge wave giving them a Consular/Charger as a Large Huge. The Resistance had a more recent Canon source for the 90 and really no other candidates right now. There are multiple popular ships for the Republic to use so no real sense wasting the '90 on them. Although, in theory, the '90 could simply be in all three Rep/Reb/Res, and the Gozanti could be in Sep/Emp/Fir. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FatherTurin said:

The question becomes, what will the Resistance get?  Will they get the GR-75, or will the CR-90 be available in 3 factions?  With the resistance’s clear love of shuttles and transports, the GR-75 seems likely, but on the other hand, only having one huge ship and it being the only one with no guns and no hardpoints is....meh?  Of course, they could always have “combat refit” be a configuration and add a hardpoint...

First episode of Star Wars resistance has the Resistance using a CR-90.  I think you can even find that episode online, legit free if you want to check it out.

edit: Here is the time stamped video: https://youtu.be/PRMjC6tl-Tw?t=238

Edited by Stinger07

59 minutes ago, Stinger07 said:

First episode of Star Wars resistance has the Resistance using a CR-90.  I think you can even find that episode online, legit free if you want to check it out.

edit: Here is the time stamped video: https://youtu.be/PRMjC6tl-Tw?t=238

Right, but the CR90 appeared prominently in Revenge of the Sith, too. And how better to introduce Republic (and maybe Rebel) Jimmy Smits cards into the game. :D

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, drail14me said:

I keep seeing posts and hearing reports of the Epic Conversion yet each only mentions three ships. I don’t see anything about the Gozanti. 

Speculation? 

As one more point, they created the Docking mechanic for 2.0.  It's hard to believe the Imperial Gozanti--the original dockable ship--won't be updated as a 2.0 release. 

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

As one more point, they created the Docking mechanic for 2.0.  It's hard to believe the Imperial Gozanti--the original dockable ship--won't be updated as a 2.0 release. 

Everyone has it wrong.

The 3 Ships are going to be released in a single "Huge Ship Wave".

The conversion kit will include conversions for all 5 huge ships.  I will update with a src when I find it.  It was on reddit.

7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

I hope so.

I would think the Hammerhead and Consular corvettes are obvious choices.   But, after that, it does get kinda fuzzy. 

So, I do think this is a pretty smart move to get Epic up and running fast, and I hope that future huges remain multi-faction releases. 

I'd love to see stats for a hammer head..

6 hours ago, FatherTurin said:

Speculation/questions about cross faction huge ships:

Republic will get the CR-90, we already know they were used in the clone wars.

Separatists will get the Gozanti or the C-ROC.  I assume the C-ROC since that’s the one getting re-released.

First Order will get the Raider.

I'd say of the core 5 we got.

Empire - first order gains the raider

Separatists/empire gains the gozanti

Republic/rebellion gains the GR-75

Rebellion/resistance gains the Corellian corvette

Separatists/scum gains the C-ROC..

2 hours ago, Stinger07 said:

Everyone has it wrong.

The 3 Ships are going to be released in a single "Huge Ship Wave".

The conversion kit will include conversions for all 5 huge ships.  I will update with a src when I find it.  It was on reddit.

Well they're not wrong. We acknowledge that only the C-ROC, Imperial Raider, and CR90 will be re-released as 2.0 expansions. However, looking forward, we can anticipate that the Gozanti and GR-75 will also be re-released at a later date. Darth Meanie was referring to such a future release of huge ships - not the first 'wave' of huge ships.

23 hours ago, Punning Pundit said:

The first "wave" of 2.0 Huge ships will be 3 ships.

Huge ships and Epic play will now be different things. Huge ships will now be playable in Standard (though not in tournaments). Epic play will be 3-8 players with larger point counts. 

oh crap this opens up a lot of design space